Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: The eternal growing process of my Waagh!

Re: The eternal growing process of my Waagh!

Quote Originally Posted by E-Dog View Post
    Wow! Really nice conversions! Very imaginative. Great painting too! Look forward to more.
    Thanks a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord Magog View Post
    Thanks for the note on my page! I definitely see a common appreciation for hacked up and converted orcs. Subscribed! Fantastic stuff. Great conversions. Great paint jobs. I look forward to seeing more.
    Thanks, conversion plays a major role in my army, it's probably my favourite part of the hobby.

Ok, something new to add to the thread!
    I still suck hard at photography, but anyway. Here's a model that I consider one of the best orcs ever sold by GW: Badrukk 'Eadsplitta, black orc warboss from Games Day 2000. One of the first limited models that I've gotten, remained unpainted for years, since I've always been intimidated, I always feared to ruin it.
    Today I decided to take a bit of courage and try to paint it: it still has stuff that I don't like, besides the fact that I painted it with crappy brushes and I had to struggle with really thick paints, I have to renovate my instruments. Doesn't matter, I quite like the outcome and after all it's a metal model, I may just decide to strip it in a year or so.
    In my army Badrukk Grimgor Grimgor in his regiment of Immortals, right in the first line. I used the pattern that I usually apply to all my black orcs, with red plates; after all red 'unz go fasta. I do not like to paint chipping and stuff like that on the red, so I leave the metal rather clean.

The eternal growing process of my Waagh!
    -Tales of an illimitate passion for greenskins-
    >My DeviantArt gallery<

Excellent stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Cassarus View Post
    Excellent stuff!
    Thanks a lot!
    >My DeviantArt gallery<

Exceedingly nice Badruk 'Eadsplitta there. Skintone is wonderfully done!
    Broterhood of the Shattered Spear - Heresy-Era White Scars of the 189. Explorator-Fleet!

Heroes of Armageddon - Unwanted paints 21 different Chapters for fun and profit (No actual profit involved)

Unwanted Forays into Mordheim! Orcs in da ruins!

Lovely model, very nice paintjob!

Thanks guys, I'm glad that you like it!
    Aaaand yes, there's still life here, I decided to take out an entire section of my army: old school savage orcs and forest goblins! They're all 5th edition models, with a couple older guys scattered around.
    I've got almost the entire 5th edition range for those two races, I'm missing a couple heroes, spear savage orcs, savage boar boyz. I've got the two mounted heroes, but since they're sealed I'm not gonna open them.

I picked up those spider riders years ago for really cheap. There's also a 4th edition shaman mixed in there!

Spear armed forest gobbos, complete with command group and Great shaman

Hand weapon gobbos

Archers, I'm missing one of them!

And in case I decide to merge them in a single unit, here's how they would look like!

Savage orcs!

Orcs with hand weapons, with command group and a Great Shaman! There's also a 3rd edition Hill troll among them, as a filler. Quite a rare model actually!
    There are also some 3rd and 4th edition orcs mixed in...

Like this guy!

Archers, almost everyone of them is different, I really like them! They have the second command group, with the drum!

Boar boyz heroes, in blister
    http://s888.photobucket.com/user/ThP...x2q3d.jpg.html
    >My DeviantArt gallery<

I started to paint the 2000 limited BSB model, to shake off a bit of rust from my brushes ahahah
    Just the skin and the mouth are completed, so far!
    >My DeviantArt gallery<

Great work on these lovely old greenskins!

Quote Originally Posted by Cassarus View Post
    Great work on these lovely old greenskins!
    Thanks a lot!

Aaaand I've finally completed this old iconic model, the 2000 limited bsb. In my army he will be Taugrek the Throttler, banner bearer of the Immortulz unit!
    Now I'm gonna move painting some old school river trolls!

>My DeviantArt gallery<

Looks great, can't wait to see what you do with the forest goblins - always had a soft spot for those minis

Thanks a lot! I really like those, I think I'll make a test model one of those days!

Apparently I'm in a good period with painting, so I completed one of my three old school river trolls!
    I'm quite pleased about how it came out, I really enjoyed a lot painting it!

>My DeviantArt gallery<

Thanks a lot Karak, I really appreciate!
    Today I assembled a quick conversion. I bought the kommando boss torso from forgeworld some time ago. The kit is designed to be used with regular ork boy legs, but I decided to give that guy a couple more sturdy legs, so I chopped up a Black Reach nob.
    Not exactly sure about the destination of this model: will it be the chief of a fourth Big 'Uns unit? Shall it be part of Grimgor's Immortulz?
    Let me know what you think!
    >My DeviantArt gallery<

Hi guys! Long time no see.
    I'm trying to break my abstinence in painting and converting moldels, and looks like I'm actually succeeding in it!
    In the last three days I've done several little things: I've repainted for the third time my first model ever, the 6th edition Warboss on Wyvern. I've always like it, but I never liked the paintjob I gave it.
    It's still full of errors and stuff I want to retouch, but I'll never strip its paint again.

I've started converting some gobbos in dwarfish colthes, they may be gravediggers or just cunning guys who want to mock their ancestral enemies. I will convert a full 20 gobbos unit, maybe I'll include some unit filler to get it to 25

I've also painted the warboss that I converted for a chariot years ago. The chariot conversion was quite ugly and rushed, so I'll refurbish it and paint the whole model.

And finally I got my first ironjawz, which will be on square bases to be consistent with my existing army. I know that going by the lore the ironjawz despise banners, but I couldn't resist giving them an Evil Sun icon. The megaboss is waiting for a peculiar head, which I have yet to receive
    Last edited by Thitanium Prince; 01-12-2017 at 20:29.
    >My DeviantArt gallery<

Sorry for the double post.
    I worked on some more stuff, I painted the limited edition Grumlok & Gazbag model and I completed the headswap for my megaboss, I think it's less generic and more fierce this way!

I also refurbished an old conversion, my version of Grotfang, the old warboss on boar that you could see everywhere back in the day!
    >My DeviantArt gallery<

Really amazing blog!

Funny really that I have done the evil sunz bad moon banner for my orcs aswell as the dwarf goblins conversions. Great minds think alike i guess

Could you do a totourial of how you paint your orcs? I really like the colorscheme on both skin and the red armor. It has a dirty natural look I really enjoy.

Regards!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4