Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The eternal growing process of my Waagh!

Re: The eternal growing process of my Waagh!

Fantastic army! I can not wait for you finish painting all your pieces!

Molto molto bene

Quote Originally Posted by Toshiro View Post
    There is a lot of really nice models in here. I look forward to seeing more.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by D6damage View Post
    Oh this army is awesome. We've all thought about buying a big 40K warboss or a limited edition character model and converting it, but most of us have never got round to it. And in any case, which one of the many models out there would you choose? You just decided to do ALL of them. And then put them in one MASSIVE UNIT... WAAAAGH!!!
    Thanks I always wanted to make the elite units bigger, according to the fluff (and to my tastes xD). Making those units was also a way to include and integrate all those heroes in my army.

Quote Originally Posted by Khar View Post
    Nice orcs! Great conversions here, and I'm a huge fan of your cockatrice shaman. Really looks tropical wyvern's part.
    Thank you! I'm glad it looks tropical enough ^^

Quote Originally Posted by daplow View Post
    Wild stuff! Sooo many good conversions. Really solid work, thitanium_prince. You better make crazy trolls
    Paradoxally my trolls are a bit plain, almost not-converted. But I sculpted a stone troll from scratch a year ago

Quote Originally Posted by James_G89 View Post
    Mental stuff all proper orcy like and such.

Looks really nice and I love all the chaotic look of the different models next to each other and cant wait to see the chariot finsihed.

KUTGW

Gornak/James
    Thanks ^^ You can't go wrond with crazy and animose units with orcs xD

Quote Originally Posted by Strigoi85 View Post
    Fantastic army! I can not wait for you finish painting all your pieces!

Molto molto bene
    Thanks amico mio! I hope to be able to paint them soon ^^

Aaaaanyway, today I discovered an old plastic boss I had lying somewhere, I always liked the board and the weapons, but the orc body is really puny, so I used the Black orc warboss body and some other metal bits to make him more menacing. I also added a chain rein and a greenstuff cloak. He will be named Gothmog, after the liutenant from the Pelennor fields battle.

And this is the command group of my third big'uns unit, with bits from the old metal upgrade. I bought an incomplete Nazzgrub, so I didn't feel bad converting a limited model. The fifth member of the rank will be the Orc raider with torch.
    The eternal growing process of my Waagh!
    -Tales of an illimitate passion for greenskins-
    >My DeviantArt gallery<

Those latest conversions are great!
    My fantasy log : A lot of green against a feeble mind
    Models painted 2011= 45 / 2012 = 62 / 2013 = 67 / 2014 = 48 / 2015 = 22

Quote Originally Posted by Blutrache
    I'm pretty certain GW only meant Ao$ to make it easier for players to part with money rather than to make the game affordable to more.
    Quote Originally Posted by snottlebocket
    These finecast threads read like obituaries. They're just lists of models I'll never buy again.

Gothmog looks really awesome! Is his left hand from the blorc warboss as well? I really like him!
    Looking forward to see some paint on all of this Great conversions!
    My Ogre Marvel Heroes (Upd. Jul.28.15) , My O&Gs(Upd Aug.02.15), My Dwarfs,(Upd 3.26.16) My 40k plog () (Upd 3.26.16) , Paint-off , MichaelJames vs. Localicious
    Minies bought/painted-ratio 2014 - 149/70 .. am I the only one failing that ratio big time ? :P

Your "FPS" style of painting is pretty dang awesome, great stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by azhagmorglum View Post
    Those latest conversions are great!
    Thanks mate

Quote Originally Posted by LocaLicious View Post
    Gothmog looks really awesome! Is his left hand from the blorc warboss as well? I really like him!
    Looking forward to see some paint on all of this Great conversions!
    Thank you The left hand is actually from a metal ork nob, I think it fits pretty well with the rest of th model ^^ I'm going to paint it soon!

Quote Originally Posted by byrothegyro View Post
    Your "FPS" style of painting is pretty dang awesome, great stuff.
    Thanks bro! I hope to improve my style in the future
    >My DeviantArt gallery<

Thitanium Prince, the troll is interesting Warped by Chaos he is! Branch used as a club gives him the look of a troll hedge wizard Warboss is lookin' killer!

Thanks daplow
    Anyway, I'm working to make a 12 strong stone trolls unit, using 6 vanilla ones and converting from other 6 original trolls the others, to give them different weapons and expressions.
    Today I received the first one and the next week I'll already have three more. It will be awesome.
    Aaaanyway, I'm also suffering from the night gobbos charme (the stoneys are part of this, actually xD), so I've been working on a 3x5 filler for my herd. (it's a 165 strong herd, so big fillers are not a real problem)

It will be a good chance to practise my sculpting. I will add another gobbo in a strategical place and mushrooms everywhere. I hope you like the scene :P

That's a little thing I made when I discovered my old terrain pieces (the ruined tower is actually my first terrain ever)
    "But boss... Sgurk zayz that in da manz town a fire-thing haz fallen!" "Keep walkin', scum! Gork show me way and that way goes through Mordheim. Iz rainin' zo fear no fire, fear my irony bootz on your asses if you don't move!"

I'm really really happy, cause I painted the testmodel for my stone trolls. I TOTALLY loved painting it, it's a great model. As usual the painting level is FPS (for personal satisfation), so it's quite low, but I like it, thinking that I will have 12 of those guys

>My DeviantArt gallery<

Darn! thats a nice lookin' stone troll. Really like the look of the color on the belly and underarms.

Chaplain

Great looking minis. Do you have any more pics of mouflon riders? That old Zvezda kit is so cool.

That troll looks fine. Sure it's not the best thing I've ever seen painted, but your conversions are so cool that even a good paint job will make them look fantastic. Looking forward to more.
    The Obsidian Thirst Battle Report Thread:
    http://www.warseer.com/forums/showth...Battle-Reports
    -Aaron Dona

Quote Originally Posted by daplow View Post
    Darn! thats a nice lookin' stone troll. Really like the look of the color on the belly and underarms.
    Thanks! I was looking for a way to break all that blue and I decided to go with the pink glazes.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Aura~ View Post
    Great looking minis. Do you have any more pics of mouflon riders? That old Zvezda kit is so cool.
    Thanks At the moment I have no pics of them, but I'll paint more mouflons soon

Quote Originally Posted by Kayosiv View Post
    That troll looks fine. Sure it's not the best thing I've ever seen painted, but your conversions are so cool that even a good paint job will make them look fantastic. Looking forward to more.
    Thank you, I think you summed up my painting philosophy effectively: I want to paint the minis to a decent standard and make some nice conversions, but nothing too advanced, I have something like 15-16000 points of army, after all xD
    >My DeviantArt gallery<

Ok, these days I focused on some scratchbuilding, that is something that I really enjoy, but this time I opted for a less hasty work, and I am satisfied with that. That's a goblin chariot pulled by a saber-toothed cat, converted from an old hound of Khorne I had around the house. It 's totally done from scratch with some balsa sticks I had saved and stuff like that. The wheel is an accessory for cribs (I bought a lot of crib accessories, I will use them for some truly gargantuan projects). After the photo I have enriched a lot the base, which was really bare. The crew is made up of a little 3rd edition gobbos which I decided to give new life, there will probably be fourth goblin, because there's a lot of space on the chariot.
    I'm loving the idea of building various chariots, in fact I decided to convert one out of the corpse cart (and to use the necromancer as a night goblin shaman), and another scratchbuildt, orc one, that's already completed and awaits some new boars.
    I hope you enjoy it, soon the painted version
    >My DeviantArt gallery<

Ok, not to bump the thread, but I just painted it in 20 minutes, I will give it some further highlight and I'll fix some ugly errors, but now it needs painted crew ^^
    >My DeviantArt gallery<

Brother Sergeant

Really cool scratchbuilt Goblin chariot! I actually did quite the same recently, what a coincidence (wips: #1 & #2).

Chapter Master Morglum Necksnapper's Avatar

The Stonetroll looks great and the painting on the scratch built chariot as well. Great conversion!

@MichaelMyers: Thanks And hey, yours is a great scratchbuildt piece, I totally love it
    @Morglum: thanks ^^ I'm really glad you like them
    Soon new stuff, I'm going to start my 80-strong old metal black orc unit xD (it's heavy as hell!)
    >My DeviantArt gallery<

I finally decided to leave a little by the various distractions from the rest of the army and to work more effectively to AoP project. On the left there's Nazgob, one of my favorite miniatures, I had already painted it, but I decided to strip it because frankly it was crap, doing it I realized that it is a recast (luckily it was a present, I didn't buy it xD), with an horrible thick mould-line (so big that I had to turn it into a decoration of the cap, as you can see). I decided to place it in the project, since I think it came out nicely. Then there's Golgoth, the BSB for my army: for years I've been looking for an idea to create a bsb to be not anonymous, with something special, and I did not want to create composite banners, full of flags, I see it more as something that ogres do. Then I remembered this model, which is a limited Gorkamorka nob, and I decided it was perfect, both for pose and for might. The standard is intentionally relatively simple, because it's already distinguished by size. On the right we have a blur what should be a conversion of Varag Ghoulchewer, a champion of BloodBowl who decided to go to war with Grimgor: is so good at fighting that it takes the place of two orcs :P
    Anyway, this is the story of Golgoth, orc BSB.
    Grimgor rarely let common orcs deal with particularly important functions, he always prefers to be orcs blacks to hold the office of a certain responsibility. Yet there was an orc, a big'un, who was given the honor of carrying the banner of the army, a standard also larger than the Burnt one led by the guard of honor of the warboss. That orc was Golgoth: he had served for years in expedition that Kolonel Athi led against Cathay and against the hordes of hobgoblins that infested the steppes. He had learned their traditions, in order to better infiltrate their ranks and crush them all, until one day a particularly cunning (and rich) Khan succeded to hire scary Ind ogres, swarthy and equipped with protruding fangs. The big ogre mercenaries crushed the orc army, sending to chase them a pack of hungry war tigers, about the size of a large horse. While all the greenskins were in flight, only a few brave continued to lead blows: the Kolonel, with his melanistic squig Bagheera, some big'uns armed to the teeth and Golgoth, a young orc, stomping on the skulls of the beasts with his huge ax war, and pressing their faces with his iron mallet, recaptured the banner of the army, waving it from a hill and calling attention to the whole army green, which returned to battle again encouraged.
    The band of big'uns, commanded by Athi and Golgoth, joined years after the colossal army of Grimgor Ironhide, who had heard of the exploits of those brave orcs and decided to leave the banner to their unit.

Then there's a Black orc bsb, that will join my 77-strong black orc unit.
    Last edited by Thitanium Prince; 24-03-2013 at 18:04.
    >My DeviantArt gallery<

That's an awesome O&G army here! I like the skin tone, it's so much natural than standard GW one (too "fluo" for my tastes) and there are plenty of minor or bigger conversions. Looking so far I think that in this log the miniatures straight from factory are really few.

This topic tempt me to recover my O&G army from the closet and rebuild it so better move away

Ah, the mixed collector goodies fits great

Thanks my friend, I found inspiration for the skintone years after I started collecting greenskins, but then I stripped every model I had painted and started over again

The renown of Zork's Rompizkatolez arrived to the mysterious shores of Lustria, where those big'uns literally chopped to pieces whole regiments of primitive sauri in one day and one night. The orcs of the regiment are all old and each of them can boast decades of experience of fighting, looting and violence in general: every guy has some sort of personal debt with the big boss Zork, since unlike many orcs he is not uncaring towards the fate of his troops, and several times his huge choppa has had to parry blows of bronze and stone for one of the boys. The saurus captain Karanatl's head adorns the horrid banner, along with a large gold skull raided from the Amazons, who had covered it in anathems, but they proved not really effective, judging from the continuous victories of the terrible unit of orcs who carry it.

This is how I'm keeping my project for AoP alive. I'm managing to paint an orc every night, which is a promising rhythm for me. The raider with torch is a great model, I did not want to risk with OSL, since I've never done it before: I want to practice on some useless models first. The first rank is finally complete, now we are missing four more ranks xD I also painted a couple of models from the behind, including my conversion Varag, another beautiful model completely ignored.
    The photos, as usual, are not so good, but better than usual.
    >My DeviantArt gallery<

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast