Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The eternal growing process of my Waagh!

Re: The eternal growing process of my Waagh!

Great models and conversions, the painting is top notch too. Could you provide a closer look (behind or side) of the orc converted from a metal boar boy please? Keep it up !
    My fantasy log : A lot of green against a feeble mind
    Models painted 2011= 45 / 2012 = 62 / 2013 = 67 / 2014 = 48 / 2015 = 22

Quote Originally Posted by Blutrache
    I'm pretty certain GW only meant Ao$ to make it easier for players to part with money rather than to make the game affordable to more.
    Quote Originally Posted by snottlebocket
    These finecast threads read like obituaries. They're just lists of models I'll never buy again.

The second orc from left, above, it's from the old metal boar boyz? Wonderful sculpt...very nice conversions and painting so far as always

Hey,
    You've got some really nice conversions going on. I really like the chariots, but with some many great details in som many different minis' it is hard to pinpoint whats better. Anyway, glad to have met somebody that enjoys OnG for exactly that, scratch building. This must be one of the best armies for unfolding ones creativity...
    Keep up the good work, I'll be following this plot. :-)

FarFar GoHai
    My Scratchbuilding and Painting Blog
    My Terrain Tread

Oh, and where is that boxing posing goblin from...? I can't recall to have seen that one before?!

FarFar GoHai
    My Scratchbuilding and Painting Blog
    My Terrain Tread

Quote Originally Posted by azhagmorglum View Post
    Great models and conversions, the painting is top notch too. Could you provide a closer look (behind or side) of the orc converted from a metal boar boy please? Keep it up !
    Quote Originally Posted by Ettore View Post
    The second orc from left, above, it's from the old metal boar boyz? Wonderful sculpt...very nice conversions and painting so far as always
    Quote Originally Posted by FarFar GoHai View Post
    Hey,
    You've got some really nice conversions going on. I really like the chariots, but with some many great details in som many different minis' it is hard to pinpoint whats better. Anyway, glad to have met somebody that enjoys OnG for exactly that, scratch building. This must be one of the best armies for unfolding ones creativity...
    Keep up the good work, I'll be following this plot. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by FarFar GoHai View Post
    Oh, and where is that boxing posing goblin from...? I can't recall to have seen that one before?!
    That boxing gobbo is from the animosity diorama I decided to take it away from it and to use it in a nicer context.

Long time no see, and I see that I've missed a lot of great comments, sorry about that
    Anyway it's been a pause period for my army too, I've not done so much.
    Let's take a lot to the older stuff that I haven't posted here:

Some of my night gobbos: I've decided to split my army in many sub-armies and to give them a slightly different basing theme to each one (while keeping a general color scheme). Night gobbos will be on mossy woodland bases.

Then we have my favourite part of the army: Big 'uns. I've painted a couple more of them in these months.

And finally, while I was brushing the dust off my completed models, I've decided to group all my completed Big 'uns and to take some photos. I like the fact that they're in some way coherent to each other, even if some are painted a lot better than others and the skin has slightly different shades of green.
    I'll post them in a second message, cause there's quite a lot of photos.
    The eternal growing process of my Waagh!
    -Tales of an illimitate passion for greenskins-
    >My DeviantArt gallery<

>My DeviantArt gallery<

Banned

That's such a great collection of big'uns!!! So jealous!
    The drunk NG are awesome too
    Last edited by Bappel; 17-02-2015 at 20:01.

Thanks a lot, I'll try to keep painting more big'uns!
    >My DeviantArt gallery<

Another thread convincing me to start a greenskins army, the big'uns look great and full of character.
    Please have a look at my WoC models and give some CC. Thanks
    http://www.warseer.com/forums/showth...tuff-CC-please

Thanks a lot! The good thing about a greenskin army is that you can never call it completed. And I guess it's also its biggest problem, at the same time.
    >My DeviantArt gallery<

Veteran Sergeant

Gorgeous army. So much character!!! Love the conversions.

I really want to get back to my army and paint some nice stuff, so I decided to get some color on one of my savages!
    I always loved these wonderful 6th edition savage boar boyz, in my opinion they're the best savages from GW ever (too bad that they have those puny legs, due to the tiny old boars).
    Some years ago I purchased for cheap 10 of those models and I switched the old boars for some nice massive pigs.
    Red warpaint is a tradition with my savages, while I opted for white poultices of guano on the boar.
    I'm still crappy at photos, so I'll post both my attempts, the first is definitely a better representation of the real colors.

>My DeviantArt gallery<

Really excited to see an update here! Those savages orcs look real mean and so much better on the new boars. Are we likely to see a whole unit of these soon?

Thanks a lot, you're definitely going to see the complete 10 strong unit soon...ish I'm quite quick in the painting process, but I get distracted by conversions and various stuff, so I don't paint a lot!
    >My DeviantArt gallery<

The paint job is awesome, the banners are outstanding.

This is realy a great plog

The conversions in this plog, especiallly the big 'uns, caused me the strangest itch for start working on some greenskins... Something I almost never felt before! Great work on those orcs, I would be glad to play against them with my brets since they reminded me of one of my favourite artworks ever!

Quote Originally Posted by ekxw View Post
    The paint job is awesome, the banners are outstanding.

This is realy a great plog
    Thanks a lot, I really appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by hagen88 View Post
    The conversions in this plog, especiallly the big 'uns, caused me the strangest itch for start working on some greenskins... Something I almost never felt before! Great work on those orcs, I would be glad to play against them with my brets since they reminded me of one of my favourite artworks ever!
    Thanks a lot, it would be awesome, I love your brets and hey, we're both italian, if I'm not mistaken, a battle could happen some time! (even if you're abroad at the moment!)
    Converting and giving the miniatures a narrative background is always a fun part of the hobby!
    >My DeviantArt gallery<

@sgu97bjd Yeah, I could use the new savage boar boyz legs, but I don't want to heavily convert these awesome models, I would feel bad about it

I've finally completed a simple conversion started years ago: it's one of Grimgor's immortulz, based as usual on the wonderful 40k warboss.
    When Grimgor decided to use as his bodyguards the warlord who had sworn loyalty, Gantor was one of the first: he joined the Incarnate of the beasts without the slightest hesitation, seeing him as the true reincarnation of Gork (and possibly Mork). The enormous horns mounted on the helmet were personally extirpated from a mighty champion of the chaos undivided: Gantor wears them with great pride and rarely separates from his scary trophy. Despite the total dedication and loyalty to Grimgor, this mighty Immortal still brings back the sign of his tribe: Da Hill Fangs, a good-sized nomadic waagh that roamed northern Badlands.

I found in my bits box a lovely vintage metal skull, I think it's from some undead chariot from the 80s. I used to consider it really ugly, but after I stripped the sloppy paintjob the previous owner applied on it I started to like it a lot. So I decided to create an entire conversion just to use that skull.
    I opted for a savage BSB, since my savage army still didn't have one of them. I used the body of an old gorkamorka nob, to represent a wealthy and heavily armoured savage orc: still tribal but armed to da teeth. The head is from Maxmini, lovely sculpture.
    It will bear the totem of the almighty Bone Huntaz, a savage version of black orcs or big'uns. They're powerful savage orcs with an obsessive fetish for bones, horns, corpses and other macabre trophies, which they display with great pride.
    >My DeviantArt gallery<

Wow! Really nice conversions! Very imaginative. Great painting too! Look forward to more.

Thanks for the note on my page! I definitely see a common appreciation for hacked up and converted orcs. Subscribed! Fantastic stuff. Great conversions. Great paint jobs. I look forward to seeing more.
    Orcs and Goblins. Lots of Orcs and Goblins….
    http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?410098

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast