Thread: The Hobbit

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The Hobbit

I'll try to update this regularly, no promises though =)

All of you, be warned. There may be spoilers ahead. Only continue to read if you are willing to take that risk.

You have been warned.

Still here?

Ok.

Things I am guessing will be italic.

Release: 1st of december, with Preorders starting 1 week ahead, november 24th. All info regarding the new boxed set should be in the new White Dwarf, december issue, which is released at the same day.
    Guesswork: Pictures (leaked) from the new White Dwarf around the 20th of november, based on other releases.

In this wave: I've heard there will be only a boxed set this wave. Danny76 mentioned more miniatures are to be releases shortly after the movie hit's theatres, along with a standalone hardback rulebook

New set of Rules: A completly new set of rules, compatible with older LotR releases. The sourcebooks from earlier ths year should still be valid. This probably means that the basics of the game will remain intact, with tweaks for balance and an overall better flow in the game

Boxed Set : The Boxed set will be the first thing released for The Hobbit tabletopgame. It's name is "The Hobbit: Escape from Goblin Town" It is rumoured to contain scenery and more miniaturs then Dark Vengeance (that would put it over 48 miniatures). [i]most likely contains Gandalf the Grey, Bilbo Baggins, Thorin Oakenshield and Company. The opposing faction probably consist of the Great Goblin, Goblin forces, and could contain wargs, trolls, giant spiders, mountain giants and possibly gollum?.
    Rumours of a limited edition have reached my ear. Nothing solid, though.
    The price is located somewhere around 100€. For comparison to non-€uro currencies: The price for the Space Marine battalion is exactly 100 € atm.

This Release List showed up. Thanks for sharing!

Escape from Goblin Town Limited Edition: 100€ (56 figures!)
    Hobbit Rulebook: 65€ (288 pages)
    Hobbit Paint Set: 35€
    Custom Figure Case: 50€
    The White Council: 60€ (4 fig box)
    The Trolls: 65€ (3 figure box)
    Goblins of the Misty Mountains: 30€ (18 figure box)
    Goblin Town: 45€ (scenery set?)
    Hunter Orcs: 30€ (12 fig box)
    Hunter Orcs on Fell Wargs: 35€ (6 fig box)
    Bolg: 20€ (clampack)
    Narzug: 15€ (clampack)
    Goblin Captain: 13€ (clampack)
    Fimbul the Hunter (ft & mtd): 35€

Tholanan was so very kind to make a great big deal of pictures, to be found here
    Last edited by BramGaunt; 22-11-2012 at 08:41.
    We both read the rumour, day and night,
    but you read black where I read white.

Quote Originally Posted by Scryer in the Darkness View Post
    (After someone claimed he was Phill Kelly) The real Phil Kelly would know how to spell his first name correctly.