Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: where are all the sisters of battle?

Re: where are all the sisters of battle?

I have finally started gaming with my battle sisters and up to now everything is fine. Ofc the WD leaves a lot to be desired especially in the department of anti-psyker defense, on faith use and on point values. However I really like how they play and up to now all my games were great.

PS: I also filed Kyrinov!
    -Those who aren't with us, are against the manifest destiny of the Greater Good. Show them the bussiness end of the pulse rifle boys!
    - Lash is for pussies!

Quote Originally Posted by Azazel View Post
    I think the models look fantastic (besides the Exorcist, but that can easily be sorted with the Forgeworld kit or the SM Whirlwind).
    This is somewhat off-topic but I was just wondering what it was that people disliked about the Exorcist. It seems to get a bit of hate and I was curious as to whether this was due to the sculpting or possibly the idea of a rocket-launching organ or maybe something else?

Somewhat fitting for there to be an Inquisitor poking around in Sisters of Battle threads.

I would also like to echo some of the posters who have commented on the lack of options and versatility for the Sisters under the White Dwarf Codex. Many of the great pieces of wargear are gone, such as Melta-Bombs for Saraphim, Blessed Weapons, Jump-packs, and the option the take Evicerators on every Sister Superior if so desired. There are no Inquisitor units, which were what attracted me to the book in the first place. Acts of Faith have become so simplified they depend more on situation than planning. The only 'new' unit is the battle conclave which is more limited Inquisitorial Henchman squad. All this leads to some very disappointed players.

However, even since White-Dwarfing I can say they are still the only army I play, and my strategies have improved when I cannot rely on special rules to give me an edge. Still waiting for a proper codex and new minis, but until then I have green stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by DYoung View Post
    idea of a rocket-launching organ
    From everything I have heard from members at my store this is it. Personally, I love the concept and execution and own two of them.

Chaplain

Exorcist is the best model ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Nehemiah View Post
    From everything I have heard from members at my store this is it. Personally, I love the concept and execution and own two of them.
    Honestly, the excorcist was my biggest put off till I saw the forge world excorcist and even more when I saw he repressor tank. That thing is awesome.
    "Of course you fight fire with fire. You fight everything with fire!"

lesserofallevils.blogspot.com My warhammer gaming blog.

cheap exorcist = wirhlwind + blitz of bretonian fleur de lys.

Chapter Master

Quote Originally Posted by DYoung View Post
    This is somewhat off-topic but I was just wondering what it was that people disliked about the Exorcist.
    Just personal preference, in much the same way that some people hate the corset armour while others see it as an exaple of gothic 'form over function'.

The kit itself does tend to be very poorly fitting but it is distinct, the forgeworld model is completely uninspired.

Yeah some people think the pipe organs are lame. I think they are the single most defining thing that says "this is a sisters army" outside of the women themselves. If I put the FW exorcist on the table you have no idea what army you are facing. Its just a whirlwind. If I put the pipe organ you immediately know what army I am playing. They are iconic and possibly my favorite tank in the entire game. Putting it together on the other hand is another matter. If they would give us the same treatment every other army is getting and remove the metal parts and replace them with fine cast I would pick one up. While I love the feel of the weight my metal sisters have. The metal exorcist was a pain to assemble and it is so back heavy that I feel it will fall over backwards at any time.
    B.B.Hoods family full of disappointment. Tamales on the floor. The dads sombrero broken.

Accepting all challengers, currently playing SFxT, UMVC3, SCV, DoA5.
    My Xbox Live account is Vicioushellsing.

My rule for Exorcists:
    You buy the gw one, you build it, paint it. If your still alive you are now allowed to buy a whirlwinds and put some icons on it and use it as an Exorcist.

I actually like the model and do own one but it's expensive and a pain to build and paint. Do you know how many purity seals it has?

Just moment... just a moment...

(goes back to page 4 or so)

Quote Originally Posted by Veteran Sergeant
    The Necrons debuted right around the same time, with only 2 model types. Raiders and Scarabs and not even their own codex book like the Sisters got, until several years later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry SisterOfBattle Nerd View Post
    the three-models Necron (yeah, the Necron, the Immortal and the Scarabs)
    Just want to point out that the Necrons actually debuted in 2nd edition with four unit types, not two: Warriors, Scarabs, Lords and Destroyers. (Warriors and Scarabs in WD #217, Lords and Destroyers in WD #218.) Immortals came later, during 3rd edition for a get-you-by Chapter Approved army list before the Codex, which is why there were rather nifty oldcron sculpts for them.

C'mon people... you call yourselves Sisters of Battle players? Know your enemy! Remember Sanctuary 101!

On that note, though, I think Dark Eldar are the hope and Squats are the fear for many SoB players. GW did at one point claim they were putting Squats 'on the back burner' till they could revamp their image and do a really good job on them, just like DE.. but later said they no longer considered Squats part of 40K at all.
    "I'm 42 now and I've killed enough orcs. I'm done. I don't need to kill any more orcs. I beat the orcs." - Chris Hecker, former Maxis employee
    Modelling diary on WargamerAU: Zenith's Occasionally Heretical Blog
    (mostly Epic 40,000 and Battlefleet Gothic... so far)

Ah, but Squats are now back in the 40k background thanks to 6th ed. I do not see this as any likelihood they will have a new codex but worth mentioning.

Where are sisters of battle ? Some of them are on my shelf, grounded because of my disappointment with SoB pseudocodex and 6th edition in general (too random-centric in both cases) . Still, they are my first and favourite army, I will certainly give them a try when/if they receive new codex.

I actually like the model and do own one but it's expensive and a pain to build and paint. Do you know how many purity seals it has?
    47 ? I counted those with wax sign, 49 if You add those with skulls on the both sides of missile rack. I own two, my very first 40k vehicles and an unforgettable pain in the *** to put them together :P

Quote Originally Posted by Necrosis View Post
    Do you know how many purity seals it has?
    I don't remember having any troubles with them, though. I remember enjoying painting it. Actually, my main problem with it is that it's quite hard to get a connexion between how the model looks and how it actually acts on the battlefield. Especially the fact it doesn't have indirect fire. But now that there are fliers, it could do a wonderful model for a AA tank.

hypothetically speaking. If the next book was sisters (i know its not) and the exorcist had the option of skyfire. that alone would actually go a long ways to ensuring that the sisters launch was successful. Think about it. Sisters would be the first army with a reliable anti air unit that isn't garbage against ground units. Instead of people wanting to take hydras people would want to take exorcists. So even non-sisters players would be buying models and the tank so that they could buff their own armies anti air. Of course sisters aren't the next codex, and they likely won't be the first codex with good anti air options. But if GW is wanting to ensure the sisters release is a success they should keep things like that in mind. Of course this very thread has people debating on if GW does any market research. So the chances of them trying to release models designed to counter a common build in the current meta is highly unlikely.
    B.B.Hoods family full of disappointment. Tamales on the floor. The dads sombrero broken.

Accepting all challengers, currently playing SFxT, UMVC3, SCV, DoA5.
    My Xbox Live account is Vicioushellsing.

Quote Originally Posted by IcedAnimals View Post
    hypothetically speaking. If the next book was sisters (i know its not) and the exorcist had the option of skyfire. that alone would actually go a long ways to ensuring that the sisters launch was successful. Think about it. Sisters would be the first army with a reliable anti air unit that isn't garbage against ground units. Instead of people wanting to take hydras people would want to take exorcists. So even non-sisters players would be buying models and the tank so that they could buff their own armies anti air. Of course sisters aren't the next codex, and they likely won't be the first codex with good anti air options. But if GW is wanting to ensure the sisters release is a success they should keep things like that in mind. Of course this very thread has people debating on if GW does any market research. So the chances of them trying to release models designed to counter a common build in the current meta is highly unlikely.
    GW hire this man!

Commander

Using the old list my Sisters of Battle army was almost unstoppable (I only lost two games with them before the new list came out), mostly due to the faith system.

The great thing about the old version of faith was the great flexibility (which allowed a player to boost whichever part of their army was in the best position or needed it the most) and the real bonus it gave to a unit's combat power. On the other hand, they were not as reliable as say the Grey Knights psychic powers (particularly in some circumstances, trying to cast spirit of the martyr on a large unit was a waste of time) and even when they worked they were not all powerful. Moreover, the limited number of faith points available meant that while it was possible to make some very powerful combinations they would only last for a few turns, so needed to be used carefully. Faith powers could tip the balance of power at a key point, but not batter a path to victory without a degree of skill.

The current version are a pale shadow of their former power, lacking both the flexibility and power that made the old system so effective, along with a totally ridiculous way of generating them. If they brought back the old system (with a few modification) than that would go a long way to solving the problems with the current list.
    "Scotland Forever!!"
    92 Gordon Highlanders and The Scots Greys at Waterloo

An army with on-call invulnerable save and rending was insanely powerful. Add the book that made them stubborn and the martyrdoms of sisters superior and you had an abundance of faith points whenever you needed them. Sisters were OP and that was the reason the acts of faith had to be nerfed. The nerf however was very severe and went all the way to the other band of the spectrum- now being rather one dimensional-.
    On the whole the WD codex, is good, as get-you-by products are concerned and leaves a lot to be desired. In the darkness of the far future, we might see a codex: sisters of battle
    -Those who aren't with us, are against the manifest destiny of the Greater Good. Show them the bussiness end of the pulse rifle boys!
    - Lash is for pussies!

Chapter Master

Quote Originally Posted by LeonidasL View Post
    Sisters were OP and that was the reason the acts of faith had to be nerfed.
    Never attribute intent to that which can be attributed to Cruddace.

Besides, you exaggerate. The sisters strongest assets in 5th were their efficient mech options, to the point where some players were switching sisters for stormtroopers while packing in more immolator spam. Faith was not abundant it was just easy for an experienced player to ration it, they never had rending, and selective stubborn was arguably a bigger loss to the WD sisters than faith ... totally killed them in close combat.

The WD dex is by no measure good, it's shoddy and it's shallow. While usable it's clearly been thrown together in a hurry and shoveled out of the door, though I have to give them credit for at least getting that far unlike forgeworld and their repressor rules.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by LeonidasL View Post
    Sisters were OP
    Not something you hear everyday.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast