Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: And so it begins... Sureshot05's plog of everything.

Re: And so it begins... Sureshot05's plog of everything.

Okay, that picture actually startled me when I unsuspectingly clicked on this plog. So job well done, I guess. If I have nightmares tonight it's all your fault.
    2012 Minis bought: 363 - - Minis painted: 373
    2013 Minis bought: 1060 - - Minis painted: 210
    2014 Minis bought: 651 - - Minis painted: 63
    2015 Minis bought: 1057 - - Minis painted: 105 - - Sold: 556
    2016 Minis bought: 386 - - Minis painted: 8 - - Sold: 332

Chapter Master

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorNorton View Post
    Okay, that picture actually startled me when I unsuspectingly clicked on this plog. So job well done, I guess. If I have nightmares tonight it's all your fault.
    Mission acomplished. Sweet dreams .
    Warhammer Armies: Empire, Night Goblins, Dwarves, Daemons of Chaos
    40K Armies: Chaos, Imperial Guard, Ultramarines, Chaos Daemons, Tyranids, Tau
    Epic Armies: Imperial Guard, Ultramarines, Orks, Adeptus Titanicus.
    BFG Forces: Imperial Navy, Chaos.
    See them all here: http://www.warseer.com/forums/showth...-of-everything

Phwarh what an absolute beast of a model! I need to ask for more Christmas presents like that looks like a very time consuming job!
    My random painting log: HereBeDragons' Paintathon

Break even Painting target 2012: 212 models. Number complete: 212 !!!!!!!!
    Break even painting target 2013: 268 models. Number complete: 59
    Break even painting target 2014: 325 models. Number complete: 175
    Break even painting target 2015: 836 models. Number complete: 156
    Break even painting target 2016: 238 models. Number complete: 9

Great work Sureshot. Papa Burgle will be pleased.
    My Various Painting Projects, just added Malifaux Dr Dufresne and a combat hippo!

Quote Originally Posted by Sureshot05 View Post
    Mission acomplished. Sweet dreams .
    I did wake up screaming tonight. I hope you are happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonahmaul View Post
    Great work Sureshot. Papa Burgle will be pleased.
    Who's he?
    2012 Minis bought: 363 - - Minis painted: 373
    2013 Minis bought: 1060 - - Minis painted: 210
    2014 Minis bought: 651 - - Minis painted: 63
    2015 Minis bought: 1057 - - Minis painted: 105 - - Sold: 556
    2016 Minis bought: 386 - - Minis painted: 8 - - Sold: 332

Chapter Master

Just wow! This thread is fantastic. That GUO is one of the best I have seen, I am loving all your work.

ZP
    Zombie P's Imaginative PLog of Stuff, and Things - Updated 30.4.16
    Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n Facebeard View Post
    "Sighs, farts, and leaves : the Malorne story"

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Malorne View Post
    An uplifting tale of discovering oneself while overcoming grave peril and class stereotyping in a hostile world.

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorNorton View Post
    Who's he?
    Lol! Not sure if that was autocorrect or my subconscious as I am marking criminology assignments at the moment!
    My Various Painting Projects, just added Malifaux Dr Dufresne and a combat hippo!

Chapter Master

Well, its going to take a little work to restore all the photos in this thread, but its good to be back.

So to celebrate Warseers return here is a recently painted model or two.

You'll have to click until everything is fixed, but this is photobucket so you can trust me it's safe!

Shadowswords by shepplestone

The epic shadowsword model was one of the first to get me into miniature gaming in general. Epic is still one of my favourite games when I can find the odd rare opponent.

It was great to finally paint up its 40k equivalent and strip the paint off the old epic model and make them match. And I must admit, i really like the new 40k shadowsword model as well. If it wasn't completely pointless, I could see me collecting a company of shadowswords for 40k...

Hope you enjoy this memory lane moment.
    Last edited by Sureshot05; 02-10-2017 at 09:26.

Looks good! Looking forward to you getting the thread set back up.

Chapter Master

Thank Hokiecow.

Well, first up is a picture taken whilst Warseer was down.

Full Guard Army by shepplestone
    It's always nice to get group shots and you can see the Shadowsword is missing. Wouldn't mind adding a few more chimera and russ's, but the force brings me plenty of entertainment on the table.

However, those who have looked through the thread will remember the early Thousand Son Scarab terminators I converted and general Thousand son theme.

Well, clearly last Christmas was aimed at me with a full broadside by GW. I actually feel the new Scarab Occult terminators resemble the style I was going for quite well and I like to think there may have been a connection. :P (though probably not, but don't spoil the moment!)

Anyhow, clearly with all this thousand sons release going on I had to get involved. And where else would I get involved except with this guy:

Magnus in progress by shepplestone

Skin and hair are done. These have followed the GW vid pretty closely except for the hands and feet which i wanted to make more purple and daemonic. Next up is the wings which is where I am going to deviate more from the official scheme before i go on to the remaining details on the main model.

The armour is quite a tough choice for me. Whilst I appreciate the gold and silver of the GW scheme, I feel that doesn't match my T'sons that well, so I think I will be going for silver and midnight blue. A more archaic, dark evil feel to the armour rather than the bright scheme of GW, as befits someone who is never wrong and has 10,000 years of plotting to prove his arrogance and doesn't care for the cost to mortal lives.
    Last edited by Sureshot05; 02-10-2017 at 09:25.

Brilliant. I do prefer the hands and feet how you have done them sureshot.
    Here is a link to the WarSeer Forum FAQ. Please read it. Want to support WarSeer? Here's how.

Blood for the Blood God!: My Word Bearers Plog

Skin looks fantastic. How did you do the feet/hands? Looks like more than just purple washes.

Doi

Quote Originally Posted by silverstu View Post
    Doi is the worst btw...

Chapter Master

Quote Originally Posted by blackcherry View Post
    Brilliant. I do prefer the hands and feet how you have done them sureshot.
    Thank you. I wanted a more stark contrast to emphasize on the daemonic nature.

Quote Originally Posted by Doi View Post
    Skin looks fantastic. How did you do the feet/hands? Looks like more than just purple washes.

Doi
    I started with a heavy dry brush of purple over the hands, with it getting thinner towards the wrist. Afterwards, I washed with purple ink, then i did my highlights in a much starker pink (tentacle pink) and then i washed again. I was very slow in doing the transitions in most areas, as I really took care to keep the transition smooth. If you look at the wings, which I am just starting on, you can kinda see the first stage before inking between the purple and pink at the beginning.

Of course, I couldn't just stop at Magnus so I also picked up a few other things over the last couple of months. Its cost a lot, but it is going to last the year hopefully so totally worth it.

This is the stuff I got from GW
    <photobucket error - photo used to show 3 plastic sorcerors, 1 squad of new rubrics and 1 ahriman>

But before the TS release, I was given a gift from my wife, which contained these lovely conversion parts, which I have finished building and will be painting at the same time (on the left).

<See later post for the painted versions of these conversions>

Once I have this lot done (which is going to take a while) I expect to be buying another box to TSons to add a lot more Soulreaper cannons to my forces. I have two 9 man squads of the old TSon's plus the converted set above who all need Soulreapers. So I am thinking a box of Tsons and some forgeworld Rotor cannons to complete the missing cannons from the other squads. The side effect being that I will end up with about 50 Tsons before counting sorcerors, terminators, vehicles or daemons... So yes, this is definitely becoming an apocalypse force.... Though technically, I could just field a sorceror and 6 squads of 10 Tson's in a 1850 game....
    Last edited by Sureshot05; 29-08-2017 at 12:08. Reason: Photobucket tidy

Chapter Master

So I dropped my phone, which is embarrassing as I broke the screen. However, after a bit of work, I have repaired it and now can return to posting pictures of my latest projects.

So Magnus, a lot of work and the armour is done. Its design to compliment my take on the Thousand sons (And also I'm not a fan of the excessive amount of gold bling on the current batch of GW models).

20170305_222943 - Copy by shepplestone

20170305_222924 - Copy by shepplestone

Since this was taken i have finished neatening up the cloak insignia and general tidy up. But have struggled to get a good photo of him. Not yet fielded him, but have begun work on the new Thousand sons models to follow him. Also revisiting the older ones to rebase in light of what I did with Magnus's base. Finally, I am planning on coverting up one more batch of Thousand sons using the old CSM model base with Rotor cannons to match the old Thousand son models, but to give them a heavy weapon each.
    Last edited by Sureshot05; 16-03-2017 at 13:04.

Chapter Master

Well, what a disaster. 6 months ago my phone got smashed and its taken a while to recover. Then, the photobucket disaster hit this blog badly. So I'll have to go back and either delete old posts or update photos. I've fixed the first few posts, but its going to take a lot of work to do the lot, I'll see what I can do.

On the plus side, I have moved to flickr and its much easier to upload my usual selection of bad photos so I can resume blogging now!

so lets look at my Thousand sons progress:

Ahriman by shepplestone

A nice new sorceror to aid the force who is definitely not Ahriman (oh no!). Also, finished a couple of the new Rubric's including the icon bearer which is a nice addition to the force. They are slightly taller than the old Rubrics, but not noticeably so. Hoping to finish the force this year, but suspect that it will be next year before I get that far.

Of course, the sorceror isn't Ahriman, oh no! Why? Well, here he is (again)

Ahriman on foot by shepplestone, on Flickr

On foot! This means that in this plog (once i fix the photobucket issues) I have all three versions of Ahriman in my Thousand Son's scheme. I am torn as to which is better. The old metal is truly iconic, but the new plastic does have some funky features. I am glad that I can field all of them in one army though! Haha.

For those who are not familiar, I often reinvent the colour scheme of a force/chapter to my own tastes. In this case, the default GW scheme was too bright and neat for a force that had been waging a war for the dark gods for 10,000 years so I wanted to make them both more sinister, but also more worn looking, hence the colour scheme choice.

Also, in the last few months we have had a Chimera roll off the assembly line to add to my guard and the start of a new Ultramarine squad.

Ultramarines arise by shepplestone

I've since revisited the bases to give them a final tidy up but there is plenty of room for improvement. The chapter symbols and tactical symbols are freehand which i think I have managed with varying degrees of success, though my tremours means that doing tha thrice accursed Ultra symbol is always a challenge. Similarly, my take on the Thousand Son symbol is also free hand and I will try and get a shot of that for next time (now that everything is working).

Thanks for looking and comments always appreciated
    Last edited by Sureshot05; 22-08-2017 at 10:50.

Sureshot05,

Fantastic Magnus, nice Rubric's, good start on the Ultramarines. Cannot really see the tank as it is in shadow. Don't let the Photobucket block get you down, you can actually download your whole album and then load them onto flickr and edit your older posts with the new links.

Cheers,

CB

Welcome back everyone. Please check your old PLOGs and update photos that have been lost in the hack or Photobucket block.
    Elysian Army PLOG - Tau Army PLOG - Ork Army PLOG - Sisters of Battle PLOG - Necromunda Imperial Guard Army PLOG - Alaitoc Eldar PLOG
    Please follow the rules and respect the opinions of others - Warseer FAQ
    Selling OOP GW Books and Games - Interested in buying oop metal Eldar

Chapter Master

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Brown View Post
    Sureshot05,

Fantastic Magnus, nice Rubric's, good start on the Ultramarines. Cannot really see the tank as it is in shadow. Don't let the Photobucket block get you down, you can actually download your whole album and then load them onto flickr and edit your older posts with the new links.

Cheers,

CB
    Thanks Captain. the photo of the ultra's wasn't actually taken for this plog, but it was good to bring it in as more content is always nice. Similary the tank in the shadows will emerge soon! Though, speaking of models hiding in the shadows, this is a model hiding in another shot that I recently finished and am quite pleased with how he/she/it/"whatever it wants to be" has come out.

The Changeling by shepplestone

I love both versions of the changeling model, but this one just edges out the plastic for me as i prefer the robes and creasing (the other changeling is a bit smoother due to plastic) but both are great. I toyed with adding luminous writing to the staff's trailing banners, but felt the model was bright enough already and didn't want to break the sinister theme of this mischievous daemon.

Hope to be adding more Ultras, and Rubrics this week to the plog. I'll also try to get a group shot of the Thousand son army as it stands, as its nearly 3.2k points of models now and group shots are always great.

Chapter Master

So, whilst I am working a few Thousand Son conversions I thought I would add these two shots to show my progress on the force:

Half of a thousand sons by shepplestone

Another half of a thousand sons. by shepplestone

The current project is to get done

3 Exalted Sorcerors
    4 Soul reaper conversions (gotta kit out the old squads)
    10 of the new Thousand Sons
    10 of of a conversion kit for the Thousand sons.

Once all these are done, I'll just need some of the new Scarab Occult, another Squad of the new Thousand Sons and a third Rhino and I'll be complete.

I've been thinking of building one more squad of T'sons with nothing but flamers and a Soul Reaper Cannon and putting them in a Rhino as an objective grabber. I think only the most suicidal of opponents would charge such a unit and (even if not cost effective) it would present an interesting choice on the table (a sqaud with 8 flamers, a soulreaper cannon and a sorceror).

Then its on to building up either my nids or working on the black legion...

Wow, that Magnus is a big model!
    The wings look beautiful, and the colors are great. nice as a whole and pop in the details.
    The whole force is impressive too, so many machines!
    Check out the Tale of Board Game Painters in the group project logs!

All my miniature painting in one combined log - index in first post - 40K CSM, Fantasy O&G, Boardgames and other random stuff

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7