Page 42 of 98 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 92 ... LastLast

Thread: WoC in Feb

Re: WoC in Feb

from COTEC
    skullcrushers are now more powerful!

knight the same
    juggernaut with 3 WOUNDS, 3Attacks at S5 but S6 on charge and daemonic attacks (probably magical attacks)......but no Magic Resistance (1)

edit: but it looks that they are T4 now......sigh
    <

The influx of new Chaos winds blowing from the North is clearly having an affect on this thread. People are at each others throats everywhere lol how comes no shiney high def scans though???
    <

Chapter Master

Those pictures are blurry too. Cannot make out anything, unless it's just cause I'm
    On 3G ...
    <

yes they are too blurry
    <

Veteran Sergeant

Skullcrusher sounds awesome in that language
    <

Judging from the cover, I wonder if theres a 10 attack Blood Thirster in there who doubles it's attacks when frenzied.
    <

WoC in Feb

Quote Originally Posted by SVKBaki View Post
    Not sure if it was mentioned before (I can´t read 40 pages) but due to price tag of forsaken (10 for 30 pounds) I highly doubt they will be core, because this is price range for special units (and I fear that this May we will see the Goldswords at 30 too). The world is not prepared yet for 30 pounds 10 core troops boxes (at least I hope so )

And 15 for single plastic chaos lord? probably it is a good time for mass buy of other lords while they are still at 9 and then wait for May and profit
    It's 35$ (not sure in other currency) for 12 Chaos Warriors now which is unbelievably ridiculous. I have never bought a new box, always used off ebay for half the price. Thats too much for models every WoC player uses.
    <

Brother Sergeant GeneralofChaos's Avatar

from COTEC:

Dragon Ogres are now T5 with 4W's & 4A.
    <

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralofChaos View Post
    from COTEC:

i didn't see anything about this.....they have 4W ok but nobody talked about 4A and T5
    <

from COTEC:

I like this! Much much! Hopefully they might have a decent scaly skin save too!
    <

Brother Sergeant GeneralofChaos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hitsugaya Toushiro View Post
    i didn't see anything about this.....they have 4W ok but nobody talked about 4A and T5
    Dragonogres with 4 wounds (confirmed in BR) S5, I *guess* they've given them T5 to turn the army entry into some kind of "damage sponge" (in the BR Kenrick talks about a "not bad armor save" about them)

From the same poster on COTEC, he also posted each box of Forsaken have 10 diffrent Chaos Gods head in each box.
    <

Dragonogres with 4 wounds (confirmed in BR) S5, I *guess* they've given them T5 to turn the army entry into some kind of "damage sponge" (in the BR Kenrick talks about a "not bad armor save" about them)

From the same poster on COTEC, he also posted each box of Forsaken have 10 diffrent Chaos Gods head in each box.
    1)no talking about 4A just 4W
    2)the T5 part is a GUESS....a wish...not confirmed anywhere
    Last edited by Hitsugaya Toushiro; 24-01-2013 at 14:12.
    <

I didnt know there were 10 different chaos gods

Joke aside, do you mean that there are 10 different heads and those include options for all 4 chaos gods? Or do you mean there are 10 heads for each of the chaos gods? (highly unlikely imo)
    Cheers for the info!
    <

Quote Originally Posted by Rakariel View Post
    I didnt know there were 10 different chaos gods

Joke aside, do you mean that there are 10 different heads and those include options for all 4 chaos gods? Or do you mean there are 10 heads for each of the chaos gods? (highly unlikely imo)
    Cheers for the info!
    To quote it directly:
    "The forsaken kit costs a LOT but there are heads for each of the 4 chaos gods."
    Look upon us and Despair, for we are the End, the Decay of all things, the horror of rot and the blessing of plague.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Damocles View Post
    There's your problem. One person's 'sensible and popular' is another person's Codex: Grey Knights.
    <

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel36 View Post
    Oh no, that wasn't what I was saying at all. I was merely pointing out that the people who complain the most about the prices of GW products already have way more than they are ever going to use
    The absurdity of this statement knows no bounds.

I know that those who complain the loudest have only 1-2 models. Perhaps we should compare our respective empirical studies?

their time is better spent on what I think is best
    ROFL. I'll make sure to ask you what you think I should spend my time on and what's best for me.

from COTEC:

Hmm. Wonder if that is true, and what point cost that comes...

Quote Originally Posted by P33ge View Post
    It's 35$ (not sure in other currency) for 12 Chaos Warriors now which is unbelievably ridiculous. I have never bought a new box, always used off ebay for half the price. Thats too much for models every WoC player uses.
    Well, they cost $40 (€30) in my neck of the woods.
    Last edited by Lord Solar Plexus; 24-01-2013 at 14:47.
    <

Quote Originally Posted by The Decayed View Post
    How right you are...
    I'm one of the guys who commented negatively on this chaos release.
    I haven't described any of the models in a hyperbolic way I think, maybe , I did call the new chariot "plasticard-styled"
    Is that a hyperbolic description of a huge smooth flat area that could heve easily been covered with scratches damage chain-mounts to hang skulls and trophies all over it?

How are any defenders not more hperbolic than that? calling a howling red monkey with 6 eyes "amazing" is quite an overstatement too I think.

But still, you're right. Every Warriors of Chaos player is excited by this release, including me. A guy who hates it.
    The pricing is so mad, only Tzeentch could have come up with that.
    The pricing is so Khornate, it intantly fills you with rage.
    The pricing is so Nuglesque, it make you vomit just from looking at it, even from a distance, through a laptop-screen.
    The pricing is so torturous on every nerve in your body, it must be Slaanesh's ultimate secret weapon.
    That's my chaostic excitement for this release.
    The dragon ogres look kinda cool, but hell, I won't be buying them.
    The book might be interesting, but I won't buy it. 2 weeks after it's release the rules are gonna be outdated because of the ******** of errates and slightly misworded rules.

Damn I'm so freaking EXCITED about this, my heartrate is skyrocketing along with my rage-o-meter!

Go ahead, have your chuckle on my anonymous internet-raging.
    I'll have my chuckle when I see people hating GW for buying a book full of typos and wrong rules.
    And when I see people crippling their wallets on a single big red 6-eyed monkey flailing it's arms all over the place.

EDIT: does this negative post look like just me trying to up my post count? I put enough words in it to make it look big, and now I'm even editing to keep my post-count down, and to avoid double-posting.
    That is an impressive burst of cynicism. Your nerd-rage aside for the moment, I think that while there will be issues, in the long run the majority will be more pleased with the new shiny stuff than not. There will always be things we wish to be better, but I'd rather take time to play and assess before I give the new book and range the full exterminatus treatment.
    8th Edition Record W/L/D

Warriors of Chaos: 18/9/3
    Dwarfs: 4/4/2
    Vampire Counts: 3/2/1
    Dark Angels: 0/4/0
    <

Quote Originally Posted by Hitsugaya Toushiro View Post
    from COTEC
    skullcrushers are now more powerful!

knight the same
    juggernaut with 3 WOUNDS, 3Attacks at S5 but S6 on charge and daemonic attacks (probably magical attacks)......but no Magic Resistance (1)

edit: but it looks that they are T4 now......sigh
    Can anyone with superman eyes also read that CK entry?

Edit : The voprtex beam thing is certainly a lot bigger than I thought it was. Also, the individual unranked forsaken seem a more appealing when not mashed into a unit - a different paint job will do them some good, too.
    Last edited by Icarus81; 24-01-2013 at 15:01.
    <

I managed to get a hold on a White Dwarf, so I'll list what I've found about WoC reading it (I'll try not include stuff already mentioned, but some might be repeated):

- Dragon Ogres now have access to Halberds
    - Chaos Chariots can arm the passenger (I don't know if the guy in front is armed the same) with a Flail, and if it has the same options as the Gorebeast Chariot a Greatweapon (the Chariot shows Halberd and Flail, the Gorebeast shows GW)
    - Characters can be mounted on either chariot, and the kit itself comes with an impressive cloak to represent them, and 4 god-specific heads
    - Chaos Knight Champions, called Doom Knights, are S5 (so S6 with Ensorcelled Weapons, S7 with Lances) and have Eye of the Gods
    - The Soul Feeder gift has, in the words of the person playing WoC in the battle report, 'gives him a chance of regaining lost wounds in combat' while the Chalice of Chaos gives a 'great, if random, benefit in one of his turns'
    - The Chaos Lord in the battle report was got an Eye of the God roll for killing a unit champion. I know they did this when the 7th ed book came out before it was errata'd, but would they make the same mistake twice?
    - Forsaken are M6, d3+1 attacks, and have a random special rule granted every turn. One rolled in the battle was 'Always Strikes First'
    - The Vorptex Beast's bound spell wasn't really explained, but it seems the 'every model in the unit takes a T test and a spawn is made' is not its only effect. This only triggered in the battle report from rolling a 6 for the effect, so i don't know if the spell gets stronger the higher you roll, or if there's literally up to 6 different effects.
    - The Slaughterbeast using the Chaos Lords WS is real, and doesn't say 'unmodified' like the Tomb King's rule does. The Chaos Lord gains 2 +1WS buffs during the game, and the Slaughterbeast got it too
    - The Slaughterbeast seems to have an upgrade called 'extra claws'. Assume it means more attacks, which I always like on Monsters
    - Gorebeast Chariot is T6, W5, and as stated KB on Impact Hits, and 'loads of attacks'
    - Hellriders / whatever they are called are unchanged from November's update like people assumed it would
    - Chaos Lords have BS5 now for no apparent reason? Maybe Death's Head thing is still in, or Throwing Axes / Spears?
    - Throgg is twice as tall as the current metal Chaos Trolls, and yet still on the same base
    - Dragon Ogres kind of make the Shaggoth look tiny by comparison (which is disappointing because I love the Shaggoth model)
    - Nothing new about spells or spell lores that haven't already been mentioned (including the options for Lore of Metal for Tzeentch, Death for Nurgle, Shadow for Slaanesh)
    Quoth the Primarch: "Nevermore"

"Whichever side knows when to fight and when not to fight will win" - Sun Tzu, The Art of War
    <

Quote Originally Posted by Kerrahn View Post
    I managed to get a hold on a White Dwarf, so I'll list what I've found about WoC reading it (I'll try not include stuff already mentioned, but some might be repeated):
    You are a scholar and a gentleman!
    <

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior of Chaos View Post
    I'd rather take time to play and assess before I give the new book and range the full exterminatus treatment.
    That's of course everyone's prerogative but I'd like to point out that most people won't try and assess a seemingly rotten apple, or buy what looks like gold only to assess it over the next half year...
    <

Page 42 of 98 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 92 ... LastLast