Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25

Thread: A Holy Work – The Three Hives Rebellion

Warwick, Warwickshire, England, UK, NW Europe, Sol-3, Eastern Spiral Arm

Re: A Holy Work – The Three Hives Rebellion

It's brilliant. A fine example of what a painting log can and should be. Something I will aspire to in future!
    <

Commander

a truly magnificent blog. Its been a joy to reed and look at.

Thank you for your time and effort Jackdaw.
    <

Personally I would still censure the Talons for the deaths of the Malaz troopers who did the honourable thing and refused to execute P.O.W's, even traitorous P.O.W's, however, I am not really that bothered by the cessacionists being killed, although it IS highly dishonourable.
    <

I haven't commented on this log for ages, Jackdaw, but I've been enjoying it nonetheless. Cracking completion to the narrative, and you've put together a really impressive force here. Looking forward to whatever you turn your brush and pen to next!
    Imperial Fists 5th Company - Log and Retrospective

Inquisitor players, make sure you visit The Conclave for all your hobby needs.

For regular WiP updates and general hobby musings, head over to Facebook and follow Tybalt Andrus Paints.
    <

Wow! This is some fantastic work. The painting and modelling are top notch, of course, but the writing is really something special. Your story and style capture the 40K universe better than most Black Library books. Do you do any professional writing, Jackdaw?
    <

A great end to a great plog.
    <

Fantastic end Jackdaw. I'm actually bittersweet about it, because I enjoyed it so much!

Only one question, and I apologise if this has already been covered, but - What became of the Prodigals? I'm assuming they weren't part of the Namas Highway Incident? Will they make a reappearance in 'The Currency of Lies'?
    My armour can be broken, and my boltgun empty, but my hate can never run dry - Kaynt Leodor, Crimson Shrikes 3rd Company.

On White Wings We Ride - Marine adventures in the 41st millennium. Do it.
    <

Just a very very quick reply folks while I work on compiling all the background and posts into a PDF for you all.

I am absolutely blown away and humbled by your responses and praise for my humble efforts and wanted to thank you all - I will get individual replies to everyone sorted out tomorrow or monday, along with popping up the PDF for everyone - but thank you all again.

There will be more in the future, promise (some Palatine Blades may be coming my way soon) and you can always keep an eye on The Currency Of Lies, which will be gaining momentum soon, along with the resurgence of the High House Of Chains.

Jack
    <

Warwick, Warwickshire, England, UK, NW Europe, Sol-3, Eastern Spiral Arm

You deserve it. The standard and quality has been top notch and my Lamenters project will be getting a plog with a style totally ripped off from you as soon as I finish this post...!

I did it.
    <

Late to the Party

Seriously wow man, just found this on sunday, just managed to finish reading it at work today. Its great! I mean, really really really great! So impressed with everything and really loving the fluff and feel.

Definitely got my eye on your for any more projects!

ZP
    Zombie P's Imaginative PLog of Stuff, and Things - Updated 30.4.16
    Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n Facebeard View Post
    "Sighs, farts, and leaves : the Malorne story"

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Malorne View Post
    An uplifting tale of discovering oneself while overcoming grave peril and class stereotyping in a hostile world.
    <

Right, lets get some replies done and give you all a lovely pdf.

@ Mortare, Si Moog Si Let, Ashc, Jonahmaul, Gen.Steiner, Hazmiter - fluff and pics in record time Yay me!

@ Laborious - thanks very much mate, much appreciated. Glad to hear you enjoyed it.

@ Apologist - too kind fella, too kind

@ Si Moog Si Let
    - cheers bro, and don't worry - I'm sure there will be more at some point.

@ Jonahmaul - yeah I struggle with pics mate, the wee man means no room for a proper set up and the lighting in my front room isn't great. Might try some more using a black sheet as a background, try taking them during the day. And you knew I wouldn't tie everything up nicely Like I said on FB, there are clues as to what happened to the Prodigals and everything else dotted throughout the plog and especially in the last few pieces...

@ Gen.Steiner - Cheers very much fella, much appreciated. Your Lamenters plog is off to a fine start as well.

@ DaHedd - thanks bud, it's been a pleasure

@ Noble Korhedron - well, all I can say is that the wheels of justice turn slowly. Its not inconceivable that the Talons might find themselves punished in a less obvious way...

@ Tybalt Andrus - glad to hear you've been enjoying things mate, I'm in the same boat of not commenting on your Fists for a while despite loving the new stuff - apologies. Some I28 and Dark Elves for me next

@ False Keraptis - cheers buddy, glad you enjoyed things. I am actually in the process of getting my first piece of tie-in fiction published for another games company - I would jump at the chance to do some BL stuff though.

@ Aku-chan - thank you

@ BurnTheCityDown
    - heh, cheers bro, bittersweet is always good. Officially, the Prodigals were all killed during the engagement at The Cut, before the Namas Highway Incident. Unofficially....well.....there was that Mechanicus cruiser....and Assant was around for a while...... I can categorically state that there are no Prodigals in The Currency of Lies. I think.

@ Zombie P - cheers mate, much appreciated. I'll be working on some I28 and Dark Elf stuff next - check the links in my sig for The Currency of Lies and the High House Of Chains. Loads of fluff in the House plog to see you through another weekend

So. Thats the Talons done for now. Crikey, when I think about it, I've painted 4k of Dark Elves and 2600pts of the Talons in the space of about 2 years. And that's mostly thanks to you lovely chaps here on Warseer. Its always great reading your comments and reactions to my fluff etc and the support you provide is nothing short of awesome.

So thank you, all of you

Right, that's all the sappy stuff out of the way. What's up next? Well, you can join me for more 40k fun on The Currency Of Lies which will focus on Sholesh dan Raf and his rogues gallery of associates. Definitely a different flavour to this plog and will be getting up to speed soon. Alternatively, if stabbing someone repeatedly is more your thing, the line of Arkitaine will rise again soon and the High House Of Chains will be resurgent. Dark Elves are my first love, which is pretty obvious in that log...

Aside from that, I also have a random plog going on, which will have all kinds of odds and ends in it. Also, there's a distinct chance that some more Talons may turn up eventually - the Condemned need to make an appearance, along with another Tactical Blade....

Now, I would attach a PDF of the compiled background.....but it's too big. Hah. So, if anyone wants it, drop me a PM with an external email and I will fire it across to you over the interwebs.

Cheers everyone
    Jack
    <

Brother Sergeant ChadXHollywood's Avatar

Such a wonderful way to finish up with the Talons... Well for this little moment in time that is!!!
    Last edited by ChadXHollywood; 22-10-2013 at 10:52.
    <

Very nice man, glad i checked in here before work the talons army looks brilliant.
    Good going on the fluff was worth the wait. Will download PDF asap
    <

Wow, just read through this, excellent story telling, and all the references to Erikson's Malazan book
    Of the fallen- too cool.

Models are, of course, most excellent.
    http://thedeeperwell.weebly.com/

My website for arts and Figs
    <

Well that was one hell of a journey. Inspiring plog, bravo JackDaw.
    Nihil obstat.
    ?
    R=][=P - A eulogy to 40k in 54mm
    <

Cheers guys, very much appreciated. Come on over to The Currency of Lies for more fun
    <

Jackdaw, hope ya dont mind but imma gonna try and copy ur scheme for one (single) terminator model.
    My ordo Xenos inquisitor is looking for vicious marines of death
    The bonus is the chosen marine gets great looking t armour

Will only do with ur permission bud.
    <

Hey buddy, no worries, it would be an honour. Let me know if you need a guide for the bone or a name for him
    <

Fantastic Plog bro, I loved it. Literally just caught up now.

I particularly liked the reference to the 'Assaunt Reprisals' lovely hint at how the Malaz took the whole 'getting shafted by the Imperium of man' thing! Hehe.
    <

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25