Page 58 of 190 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 108 158 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 3786

Thread: Tau rumours

Re: Tau rumours

Has anyone one else noticed, in the new flyer pic, that smaller vehicle behind the flyers and to the back...
    <

It's just another Fighter, just lower to the ground than the other two.
    <

And is anything known concerning fluff?
    <

I presume that those pictures are from White dwarf, when does it come out?
    <

Quote Originally Posted by Click806 View Post
    Has anyone one else noticed, in the new flyer pic, that smaller vehicle behind the flyers and to the back...
    Given the drones are smaller I think thats just a perspective trick, they've just photoshopped one so it looks like its lower.
    Warseer - destruction testing 40k since 2005!

"The more you playtest, the more you find out about playtesters" - Rick Priestley
    <

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBones View Post
    I knew they reminded me of something, take out those bars and you really get yourself an spitfire :-D
    So Orks get a MiG-17, Tau gets some WW2 prop fighter. Gee, I wonder which one's going to win in a fight...

Anyway I have also noticed the disproportionality of the head on riptide, but it it doesn't matter that much.
    While proportion looks bit silly at first glance, it's actually logical. Why the suit should have larger head than XV-8? It's not a living creature, doesn't need a larger head to encase larger brain.
    <

Commander

Let's be honest though, with the Tau's antigravity technology (which is far better then the imperials) they could have it look like whatever they wanted. Orks needed an engine with wings, as did most of the imperial crafts. Tau/Eldar can build whatever they want. Necrons can to, but their stuff literally looks like... whatever they want because they ignore physics.

I'm not saying I will purcahse them, that has to do with the rules. The last time Vetock wrote a flyer it had a "Rift Cannon" that is a glorified frag missile as it's main cannon. If he writes the flyers for the Tau book as he did the flyers for the Dark Angel book, they will not be usable, so I won't bother getting them. But the models? Not sure why people hate them. If you like the barracuda more, go get some, they are legal in most tournaments these days (although armor 10 and 2 hull points sort of sucks).
    <

Commander

We have estimated the riptide to be approximately 3x the height of a crisis suit, but that's just from eyeballing the pictures everyone here has seen.

The new top view of the fliers makes me like them very much. The WWII bomber aesthetic really won me over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minister
    In the battle between good and evil, they are on the side of green.
    <

Quote Originally Posted by Flogger23 View Post
    So Orks get a MiG-17, Tau gets some WW2 prop fighter. Gee, I wonder which one's going to win in a fight...
    Probably the one that wasn't slapped together out of scrap metal by a sentient fungus with ADD....

First everyone complains that GW flyers don't look like they could fly, now they complain when they take inspiration from designs that can? Warseer, never change .

I'm really liking this release. If I didn't already have two armies in progress I would consider them.
    <

I presume that those pictures are from White dwarf, when does it come out?
    Usually the last Saturday of each month. Two weeks to go!
    "Be thankful they don't cater to the American teen. Talk about a demographic that has fallen. In 20 years the BRB for the U.S. will look like an IKEA instruction booklet." - Ruination Drinker
    "Take a knee-long sock, add a metal Chaos dreadnought, and then apply to cheater.. " - Spare Change
    "Mine makes my phone heavier so wen I put it in my back pocket...my pants sag and my pimp leg bends real low..." - lukegman on the AOKP swagger
    <

Quote Originally Posted by Mauler View Post
    Usually the last Saturday of each month. Two weeks to go!
    Damn the calendar.
    <

Quote Originally Posted by Theocracity View Post
    Probably the one that wasn't slapped together out of scrap metal by a sentient fungus with ADD....

First everyone complains that GW flyers don't look like they could fly, now they complain when they take inspiration from designs that can? Warseer, never change .
    When you go from one extreme (Storm Talon) to other (Sun Shark), yes, that's what you will get.

New flyer looks slow, the model conveys no feel of speed at all with it's large glider wings and stubby, front-heavy design. It doesn't at all feel like a fighter aircraft, which it's meant to be.

Tail booms/struts are daft, with seemingly no purpose.

Finally, it looks too much like existing land vehicles (Piranha, Devilfish), again going on to kill the illusion of a swift flying vehicle.

Compare it to Forgeworld Tau flyers, which are distinct from land vehicles, yet look unmistakeably Tau.
    <

I thought it was described as a bomber, not a fighter. The look makes perfect sense for that role.
    <

One is supposed to be a bomber and the other a gunship, so just like Theocracity pointed out, the look makes sense.
    <

Brother Sergeant

I'm worried about Farsight now. That page describes his weapon just as "a large power glaive" without any mention of the Dawn Blade by name. They'd better not have retconned that away, it was kind of the key element of Farsight's fluff
    <

Commander

Hmm. the interview with the riptide sculptor hints at a new suit for crisis suit commanders called "Crisis Enforcer armour"
    Quote Originally Posted by Minister
    In the battle between good and evil, they are on the side of green.
    <

Looks like I'm going to be broke for the foreseeable future seeing as I have a chaos army on the go and now this...
    Tau were my first army when I first did 40k 6 or 7 years ago, and I'm gonna have to make an army of them for old times sake
    <

In the higher res pic of the riptide there is mention of crisis enforcer armour for tau commanders. So that's possibly another new toy.
    <

Commander

I'm actually glad that it is going to take me so little time to get the army back up and running. I am sure I will pick up a riptide, but I got burned on the Dark Talon/Nephilim and will not be picking up the new planes on release. Everything else I already have painted and ready to go. Unless their are some options I don't see, I can pick stuff up to paint, but will not be missing any critical units. The drones perhaps, but I have a lot of random drone bits, I am sure I can scratch build most of what I need if there is a certain one I want.
    <

I do wonder about the fluff. Seems like Farsight might be re-integrated, or at least primarily set before his break with the Empire (I wouldn't be surprised if the timeline mentions the Dawn Blade but his fluff is mostly set prior to that). I'm also wondering if they'll find a way for the Tau to interact more with the rest of the galaxy / timeline.
    <

Page 58 of 190 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 108 158 ... LastLast