Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Krieg Founding

Veteran Sergeant Chartist Captain's Avatar

Re: Krieg Founding

Thanks SDKFZ! I didn't win any of the 5 categories which kind of skewed the voting but honestly I just brought it to show off and there were some really cool armies. The board was well liked though and as expected most of the people thought I had pure nonGW historical models until I made them look closer. I know some of my conversions are pretty good but the GW pieces aren't that hard to pick out. The store manager was really cool though because I've been showing him my vehicles before I paint them so he can see how I put it all together and I talk with him about what kits I might need for my next project. One guy who is really into the painting aspect and kind of a dick tried to throw me under the bus complaining that my stuff wasn't GW but the manager shut him down telling him I buy 3 kits to make one vehicle and he thinks its awesome, that was my victory!

Anyway, the annihilator is ready for paint! I tried to start my stug today but the one tank hull I have is the older one where the engine compartment isn't centered. I tired to start a new half track but I need more wheels and I have two competing ideas on parts to use so I think I might just do both at the same time to see which is better. I put a bunch of orders in so maybe I'll have something new to show next weekend.

Looking good Chartist Captain and great that you are replacing old pictures.

Cheers,

CB

Welcome back everyone. Please check your old PLOGs and update photos that have been lost in the hack or Photobucket block.
    Elysian Army PLOG - Tau Army PLOG - Ork Army PLOG - Sisters of Battle PLOG - Necromunda Imperial Guard Army PLOG - Alaitoc Eldar PLOG
    Please follow the rules and respect the opinions of others - Warseer FAQ
    Selling OOP GW Books and Games - Interested in buying oop metal Eldar

Great to hear the the storekeeper stood up for you Youve made some really god kitbashes for your army, Mate !
    / SDKFZ

Chapter Master Inquisitor Engel's Avatar

Unique armour! Very cool and unique stuff that really helps them stand out.

Finished the Annihilator and its already getting combat time.

So I started my next kit bash rather abruptly. Im making a Krieg Tauros Venator, the longer of the little Elysian buggies with the twin lascannon. Since I have my landspeeder Kubelwagen as the smaller Tauros Assault I looked at the KFZ15 / Horch field car for inspiration. I went with the larger goliath wheels last minute as they give more of an off road impression but they make it more difficult to keep the footprint down. This is where I ended last night. I didn't plan this one out as well so there's been a lot cutting and modifications. Its too long at the moment so I will have to press up spare wheel well and move the rear well up some to cut some length. I'm also considering hacking the wheels off and making internal wheel wells like the heavier version of the field car instead of the medium. I've already quartered this thing before so I'm not afraid to put the exacto to it in order to get the look just right.

So I reworked my conversion. The look I had before was a little more like the medium field car and found out through research that those didn't perform so well but the kfz 69/70 heavy field car did and I liked its look a little better. The scale with the goliath wheels got away from me so instead of a Tauros Venator, this will be a Krieg Taurox. If I would have stuck with the bike wheels I probably could have kept the size smaller but the goliath wheels give a much better impression of all terrain capability. While rigging up the auto cannons I didn't like the height I needed to clear the windshield but I remembered the pics with the windshield down so I hinged mine so it can fold down when firing forwards, problem solved! Its a little rough in places but once I get it painted and a little extra equipment it should fit right in with the rest of the motor pool.

Last edited by Chartist Captain; 05-12-2017 at 07:41.

Great conversions and progress.

Cheers,

CB

Welcome back everyone. Please check your old PLOGs and update photos that have been lost in the hack or Photobucket block.
    Elysian Army PLOG - Tau Army PLOG - Ork Army PLOG - Sisters of Battle PLOG - Necromunda Imperial Guard Army PLOG - Alaitoc Eldar PLOG
    Please follow the rules and respect the opinions of others - Warseer FAQ
    Selling OOP GW Books and Games - Interested in buying oop metal Eldar

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2