Thread: New Space Marine Codex ?

New Space Marine Codex ?

I haven't been in the hobby long and am collecting Ultramarines my friend started at the same time as me and is a Tau player. He is completely stoked about the rumours and excitement of a new codex and rightly so i think. Is there any speculation of when the space marines will get there new hardback copy with upgrades or can anyone who has been in the hobby a long time make an educated guess, thanks.

Re: New Space Marine Codex ?

You haven't been in the hobby long, so you might not know that asking questions like this is against this forum's rules. You might want to try again in General.

Question topics in News and Rumors are Verboten

That said, Next 2 40K books are rumored to be Tau in April, and Eldar in Oct/Nov timeframe, which puts an Imperial book probably up next for Jan/Feb release. But Sisters need a book and model range, and Black Templars have the oldest SM Codex, (and after Tau and Eldar, oldest codex period)

So call it Tau in April, Eldar in Oct or so, BT in Jan/Feb, then probably Orks after that. Then maybe Vanilla Marines. So call it mid 2014 for a new Marine book as a rough estimate.
    "As I've always said, Wes is wise." - Scryer in the Darkness
    "Wes, if you keep this up you'll need to change your name to MajorWiseJanson." - Azzy
    "Many boffins died to bring us this information." - Forgeworld Announcement E-mail
    "Rest assured, Servitor 13 has your best interests at heart. Now let's fire up the lascannons." - GW changes their web privacy policy.

what they need to do is put out one space marine codex every year but, like black templar, put out a faq and no reprints and do a different first founding 40k chapter per codex, starting with raven guard and white scars. generic codex space marines does not cover these two especially and needs to be addressed. ive no idea why they pumped out that BT codex really.

Quote Originally Posted by Calarax View Post
    what they need to do is put out one space marine codex every year but, like black templar, put out a faq and no reprints and do a different first founding 40k chapter per codex, starting with raven guard and white scars. generic codex space marines does not cover these two especially and needs to be addressed. ive no idea why they pumped out that BT codex really.
    Because back then they were doing campaign specific forces. The Black Templars, Salamanders, Steel Legion Guard, Salvar Chemdogs etc all took part in the 3rd War for Armageddon, which meant they were explored in the background, and given how popular the Templars were, they followed up with a Codex.

Frankly I think GW should move away from the faction specific Codices, and instead use lists that represent a particular method of war. C'est la vie.

Please read the stickies before opening a thread to ask a question.

Thread closed.

The Dude
    The Warseer Inquisition
    The Tale of Guilders

That's just... like... your opinion, man.

#| ||||||||||||||||| W ||||||||||||||||| |#