Thread: Mixed Daemons 3k

Mixed Daemons 3k

Fantasy Army: DoC
    Been racking my brain trying to think of a decent army that fits with the limitations i place on my Daemonic Legion (limit 1 of each unit type). Finding things a bit of a struggle though, there just seems to be so few cost effective options outside Nurgle units. Am i underestimating the other gods or am i right in thinking there lacklustre now?

Limitations:
    No more than 1 of each unit type

Daemon Prince
    w/Mark of Nurgle, Lv4 (Nurgle/Death), Wings, Exalted Gift

Lord choice, can't see me taking anything other than The Eternal Blade but can't decide between lore of Nurgle or lore of Death, Nurgle has some nasty buffs and debuffs but Death has the character sniping and leadership bombing that probably works well with the likes of The Masque and Burning Chariot.

The Masque

Not as good as she was but the ability to lower an opponents strength for a round could be very useful.

Daemonettes (24)
    w/Standard

No idea what to do with this lot. My Daemonettes usually die in droves. Oh for the days when they were WS6 S4 A3

Plaguebearers (24)
    w/Standard

The most resilient block i've got at my disposal.

Bloodletters (24)
    w/Standard

The drop in strength hit this lot hard but i need more blocks.

Fiends (3)

Chaff hunting/flankers.

Beasts (3)

Used to hold up the enemy while i get things into position, can assist with a hefty number of attacks too.

Bloodcrushers (3)
    w/Banner of Eternal Flame

Gonna need something to hit hard and there about the best option i have without Plague Drones. The flame banner will only effect the Juggernaughts though.

Flesh Hounds (6)
    w/Ambushers

Come on from a board edge and get set about war machines or set up rear/flank charges.

Soulgrinder
    w/Mark of Nurgle, Daemonbone Claw, Baleful Torrent

Stomp around burning stuff and being a nuisance in combat.

Skullcannon

Target opponents war machines/monsters and assist in combat when necessary.

Blazing Chariot
    w/Blue Horrors

Fly around burning stuff and lowering opponents leadership at the right moments.

Total - 3k

Any and all input would be appreciated.

Thank you.
    Last edited by DivineVisitor; 07-03-2013 at 18:50.
    Space Wolves - Alpha Legion - Biel Tan - Reikland - Lizardmen of Hexoatl - Slaaneshi Daemons

- Sona Mi Areru Ec Sancitu -
    - Art Thou The Holy One -

Re: Mixed Daemons 3k

It's a nice idea to have lots of different units, but the new book just doesn't allow it to be viable anymore
    With a list like this you have an 8/11 chance to roll something with the potential to eat up your units in Winds of Magic

Re: Mixed Daemons 3k

Im not sure your right, fewer units are affected, so less chanse of rolling that 6.

Core seems uninspirred, deamonettes should have banner of swiftness, make them 21 and add banner, plague bearers add 1 for an extra rank! why fiends? 2 x 3 beast ftw:P Screen your dp with them they love eating cannon balls
    Current project: Dune_Lord`s a chaosmarines log.
    Tournament Army WFB: WE_Nighthunters