Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Zombicide....BRAAAAIIINNSS!

Chapter Master

Zombicide....BRAAAAIIINNSS!

Never want to see another zombie again.....well at least until season two kickstarter is shipped

Contents of the box

The various zombie sculpts
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zombicide1_zpsaf187879.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	147.0 KB 
ID:	166082  

Chapter Master

Re: Zombicide....BRAAAAIIINNSS!

Cant do much commission work with this crappy 'where did the sun go' weather so have fallen back on the first of the kickstarter projects to come through as I can whip through them with a simple no frills game standard. Zombicide season 2, dog companions, zombie dogs and first batch of heroes with their zombivor versions done!

First batch of heroes, no particular order, just the first handful I grabbed

And their Zombivor versions...

Dog companions

Zombie Dogs!

Defender of teh Wastes DarthSte's Avatar

Looks great, I did the Season 2 Kickstarter as well. I briefly considered painting them, but wasn't sure how I'd make the Berserkers and Toxics stand out from the regular Zombies. Looking forward to seeing what you do!
    Last edited by DarthSte; 20-11-2013 at 14:16. Reason: Missed a "K".
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypaspist View Post
    The Evil Darth Ste (or TEDS as all shall now call him!)

Chapter Master

Hi Darthste, I will probably keep it simple to keep the game flowing, maybe just give a more green tone to the toxics and do the bases green, want to keep it easy and simple to spot the different types. As you probably know being a player things can get awfully busy on that board!!!

In the meantime painted up a few more survivors and the Zombivor versions including the zombivors for the original 6 heroes

Chapter Master

That's the Toxic zombies all done (including the KS alternate sculpts)

Went green with the bases to aid quick identification when mixed with the standard and future berserkers, keeps the pace of the game going

Think I may take a couple of weeks break from zombies, personally if I see another anytime soon I will punch it in the brainpan!

Chapter Master

Berserkers finished, pretty much just waiting for the Kick starter 'not celebrity' releases in the next wave now

Chapter Master

Few more alt sculpts from the KS season 2...

Abominations, fatties and walkers

Great work, and smart idea with the bases for distinguishing the different kind of zombies
    My fantasy log : A lot of green against a feeble mind
    Models painted 2011= 45 / 2012 = 62 / 2013 = 67 / 2014 = 48 / 2015 = 22

Quote Originally Posted by Blutrache
    I'm pretty certain GW only meant Ao$ to make it easier for players to part with money rather than to make the game affordable to more.
    Quote Originally Posted by snottlebocket
    These finecast threads read like obituaries. They're just lists of models I'll never buy again.

Chapter Master

22 more Zombies of the Alternative sculpts from the season 2 Kickstarter finished. Because you can never kill enough zombies in my opinion!

Chapter Master

Well, I really had no intention of painting absolutely everything from the season 2 KS but it seems my obsessive hatred of unpainted plastic won the day!

Last set of alt sculpts from the KS finished, just waiting on wave 2 'not celebrity' heroes now, hopefully 1st quarter of 2014 then I can cross this one off the project list!

I sort of thought they looked like they were laying down some funk, hence the 70's style disco suit theme!

Chapter Master

Zpocalypse Barricade set painted, should come in handy for various different board games

Chaplain

Those paintjobs are insanely awesome!
    Do you still use those models for actual gaming?

I've recently found those Zombicide games at the local hobby shop and really like it.

Seeing that you painted it, what kind of paints stick properly to the Zombicide models?

I noticed it's kinda flexible and feels very smooth.
    I'd like to paint my horde aswell, but I'm affraid of paint not sticking well or cracking off those thin zombie arms and katana's if they bend.
    I'm obviously not gonna keep bending them on purpose, but it's an easy-to-play game I'd like to play with anyone, so at some point, they will get bent.

If that ruins the paint, I may not want to paint them afterall, as that would severely limit my gaming fun with them...

Chaplain

Sorry for the Threadomancing here, but this thread has slipped way down.
    I kinda need an answer to my question in the post above...

So, if anyone has some experience with painted/painting Zombicide models or maybe other "bendy-plastic" models, Pretty please? *puppy-eyes*

You just need a good primer. apply your paints, then seal with a couple of coats of matt varnish to make sure all the paint is properly stuck on.

Spray cans of Car Primer is good.

Chapter Master

Hi decayed, sorry, your question totally slipped me by there! ViolentDrunk hit the nail on the head. Give the figures a good scrub in soapy water, I use an old brush and one of those soap dispenser things but washing up liquid does the job too, rinse with clean water then leave to dry overnight. Prime with car auto spray, couple of thin coats better than one thick one. generally the auto stuff is cheaper than dedicated modellers spray and just as good. Just standard acrylics from there-on and your sorted, I varnish with gloss then matt.

Yes, I play with them, painted minis add a lot of fun to a game, plastic is much more forgiving too, takes a lot of punishment where metal would chip, you seriously wouldn't believe how I just throw these back into the figure case and store them a few piled together. I will get a picture, would make the connoisseurs out there spit their cornflakes out :P

I have just received the final batch of heroes from the second wave of the season 2 KS and you know, I am seriously zombied out, don't know if I can even be arsed to paint these, half tempted to just throw them on ebay but I would probably regret it in a few months time when I have nothing to paint...there is also a certain element of awesomeness being able to fight off a zombie horde as Basil Faulty :OP

Chaplain

Awesome. Thanks for the detailed explanation!
    Seems like I'm gonna seek out a shop selling car spray primers.
    I've already found cheapo brand acryllic primers that work pretty well on hard plastic, but so far, spray paints have just appeared to crack and flake off when soft plastic surfaces get bent.
    I'll definately not spray them with GW or Army Painter primers then.

Is car spray primer some form of acryllic too, or something else entirely?
    There's gotta be some magical chemical in it that says it's the stuff I'm looking for.

Like the word "cyanoacrylate" on a glue bottle, if I want to be sure I'm buying super-glue.

Are there any such magic words on car spray primers?
    So far, I've never seen spray paints for sale, specifically for use on cars...

Chapter Master

Started work on the final wave of season two heroes, some famous faces in there!

Chapter Master

Last of the Heroes finally finished! That's yer lot, season two all done and dusted...huzzaaa!

Uncle Honk :P

Chapter Master

Wasn't originally going to paint any of the season 3 minis up for a while but then I saw the VIP miniatures which included, zombie hotdogs, Elvis and Leia, oh who am I kidding, you got me at zombie hotdogs! Anyhow, not sure I will paint up the core stuff yet but the VIP, companions and crows all add to gameplay so they are defo getting done.
    these should add even more fun to the game. VIP's work like this; shuffle in the spawn cards into the spawn deck, when drawn spawn a random VIP miniature, soon as a player collects and kills 5 different VIP zombies they get to choose a Pimp weapon from the stack! Companions are shuffled into the search pile, they offer various different extra actions such as sniper shot, extra fire power, the ability to open doors, extra search, etc. well, from never wanting to see or paint another zombie again I seem to have added nearly 50 new bods to the game! Damn you Guillotine games..DAMN YOU!

Chapter Master

Well, I went into the workshop to grab some SDE minis to paint....came out with more zombies, how did that happen!

A few skinners, fatties and aboms done

Slightly different skin tone on these chaps as they are supposed to be 'veteran' zombies so I used the official zombie flesh from the CMON set for a less 'juicy' look

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast