Page 83 of 131 FirstFirst ... 33 73 81 82 83 84 85 93 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,660 of 2606

Thread: High Elf Rumours

Re: High Elf Rumours

The only thing that I think speaks for the credibility of EarlyBird is the simple fact that I can't imagine what kind of weird individual wastes his time and effort making up legitimate sounding rumours to troll the community a mere week before we find out for sure.

With the Chaos Marine codex, we had people making up stuff on the actual day of release, so you never know. At least it's less annoying than those who make up rumours about things years into the future.
    All Steadfast and no 9th edition makes Avian go play Hordes instead.
    Circle Orboros - Warpwolves FTW!
    (I'm not a rage quitter, I'm just ahead of the curve.)

Quote Originally Posted by Avian View Post

Please check next time.
    I did check, my search didn't turn up the previous comment for some reason. Only the one 4 weeks AFTER earlybird. It was a simple mistake Avian.

Please stop pompously assuming people don't check before posting.
    In battle, the armies of the High Elves are a glorious sight to behold. [...] With a mystical grace and agility that is incomparable to the lumpen, slothful gestures of lesser mortals, they cleave through the foe with spear and blade - their skill and speed a match for any foe.

Ahh... always brings a tear to my eye to dwell upon the poor misfortune of the other races of our world.

Quote Originally Posted by Nopuiiidorl View Post
    And Ogres. And Bretonia. And Imperial cavalry buses. And daemons. And other elves. Shall I continue?
    Pretty sure gnoblars, men at arms, state troopers and plague bearers have lower M than elf infantry and i said elfs not high elves there is no reason high elfs should move faster than wood elfs and dark elfs, in fact the skirmishing wood elfs and the raiding dark elfs should be faster.

Again their m is the highest for their lowest unit. which means that no armies (except maybe skaven) have their slowest moving infantry units with with as high M as the elf armies. elfs may not be the fastest over all but they are the fastest in meanvalue. They have no slow units.

So at this point the White Dwarf is likely done right? We're just waiting for someone to sneak into the basement with an old Nokia and send some grainy pictures our way?
    "An oyster has few prejudices in the field of astronomy. We may safely say it has none. Are we then to congratulate the oyster for his open-mindedness?" ~ Hugh Nibley

Quote Originally Posted by Laniston View Post
    So at this point the White Dwarf is likely done right? We're just waiting for someone to sneak into the basement with an old Nokia and send some grainy pictures our way?
    It has been done for 2 months. But you got the rest right
    We both read the rumour, day and night,
    but you read black where I read white.

Quote Originally Posted by Scryer in the Darkness View Post
    (After someone claimed he was Phill Kelly) The real Phil Kelly would know how to spell his first name correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    I personally think they are nonsense on account of not being able to see GW giving a flying chariot pulled by eagles with a bolt thrower on such a basic name as Saphery Chariot.
    The rumour source doesn't have to be an enthusiastic HE player remembering the exact official name of the new unit to be considered credible. The user named "Best_Pone" who posted about the details of the new Eagle Chariot and the new Phoenix having a fire&ice option before that picture leaked called the new Shadow Warriors "SHADOW SOLDIERS" and the new Archer unit with magic bows having something to do with "-Avalon?". He also joked "Spot the non-HE player!" to explain why he's not familiar with HE stuff. This guy got vindicated a few days after he dropped his rumours. People get to take a peek at May's WD promoting the new HE somewhere or see a list of sales concerning the new HE and try to tell us the news of what they saw as best as they can. The new unit may be named "Sky Talons of Saphery" or whatever but the guy may just care to remember it as "Saphery Chariot". Rumour sources don't always have to be autistically meticulous about giving the full and correct names of the units.
    Last edited by Crotchduster; 19-04-2013 at 14:17.

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Are people accepting it as fact? It's a plausible sounding rumour, it's being discussed. It doesn't particularly contradict anything else either so it seems reasonable to discuss. We will know how accurate they are in a week or so.

I
    But Eldargal, it's SOOOO much easier to just bash the rumormongers. I mean...that's apparently a hobby for some as well.

Regardless, I agree with you. Even if it's not quite right, it still seems reasonable, and it's not like we have more more to talk about any way.

Tuatha

Quote Originally Posted by Crotchduster View Post
    The rumour source doesn't have to be an enthusiastic HE player remembering the exact official name of the new unit to be considered credible. The user named "Best_Pone" who posted about the details of the new Eagle Chariot and the new Phoenix having a fire&ice option before that picture leaked called the new Shadow Warriors "SHADOW SOLDIERS" and the new Archer unit with magic bows having something to do with "-Avalon?". He also joked "Spot the non-HE player!" to explain why he's not familiar with HE stuff. This guy got vindicated a few days after he dropped his rumours. People get to take a peek at May's WD promoting the new HE somewhere or see a list of sales concerning the new HE and try to tell us the news of what they saw as best as they can. The new unit may be named "Sky Talons of Saphery" or whatever but the guy may just care to remember it as "Saphery Chariot". Rumour sources don't always have to be autistically meticulous about giving the full and correct names of the units.
    You do realise that was just a joke about GWs naming conventions, right?
    In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only British.
    Actual (alleged) girl. Alpha Female.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jes Goodwin
    They breed more anyway, its a pretty rough place, Commoragh, there's a lot of it going off.

Brother Sergeant

I'm wondering how many people will eat our hats next month...

I believe Harry and Hasting but remenber this is not Harryseer and Hastingseer. They`ve talked something about high elves but they didn't give something really accurate (real names of the units, all new models, rules... etc.). So other people is also welcomed in order to complete that task.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuatha Dar View Post
    But Eldargal, it's SOOOO much easier to just bash the rumormongers. I mean...that's apparently a hobby for some as well.

Regardless, I agree with you. Even if it's not quite right, it still seems reasonable, and it's not like we have more more to talk about any way.

Tuatha
    I was not bashing any rumourmonger, just asking why a particular rumour was being taken so seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by djhowitzer View Post
    we all play toy soldiers as a hobby. what on earth makes you think we can manage adult discussions?
    Quote Originally Posted by RandomThoughts View Post
    A good driver with a Volkswagon can beat a bad driver with a Ferrari if their race track is curvy and hard to maneuver, but will lose to another driver of equal skill with a better car. That's all I have to say on that issue.

Ah, so someone sent Faeit an identical list with the following appended:
    New Models:
    - Saphery Chariot (flying chariot)
    - Drake Riders (dragon princes)
    - Shadow Warriors
    - Phoenix
    - Guard of Avelorn (maiden guard or similar, not confirmed yet maybe extra option if you take Alarielle as well as 5th edition book)
    So Maiden Guard still on the table if early bird/faeits source is right.
    They breed more anyway, its a pretty rough place, Commoragh, there's a lot of it going off.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Hi i just want to share the new pics with you guys:
    Just saw them on /tg/. The sky of Ulthuan seems pretty crowded.

Wow, that flaming Phoenix looks much better than the last pictures. Quite liking the chunky new characters as well.

Dear god. I approve.

The Maiden Guard are fanastic, not sexualised, sensibly armoured and gorgeous. Ditto for Alarielle, I can forgive the bare thigh, it worked for the Romans...
    Last edited by eldargal; 19-04-2013 at 15:52.

Thanks for the pictures! No Drakes
    High Elves of Caledor up. 08.III.'14 (Caledor Peak Guard)| Bretonnians and Dark Elves up. 08.III.14 (Dreadspear Champion)
    Models Got... / Assembled /Painted / Based:
    2012: G. 41 / A.50 /P.28 (25 In, 2 Ca, 1 MB)/ B.19; 2013: G.47
    / A.60 / P.37 ( 32 In. 4 Ca, 1 WM )/ B. 32; 2014: G. 55 / A. 9 / P. 5 (In)/ B. 9
    New Year's Resolution for 2014: paint more Dragons!

Commander Hrogoff the Destructor's Avatar

Color me impressed! This stuff looks great!

I didn't think I'd every purchase more warhammer models, but I was wrong.
    What a horrible night to have a curse.

Thanks a whole bunch. Apart from the Warrior Mage guy everything looks great.
    All Steadfast and no 9th edition makes Avian go play Hordes instead.
    Circle Orboros - Warpwolves FTW!
    (I'm not a rage quitter, I'm just ahead of the curve.)

Quite the first post Aegon.

Good stuff - happy to see a release without the mandatory gargaunt beast and big **** cavalry.
    My hood is my castle...

thank you Aegon!!

Some really awesome minis in there, though I'm not keen on the oversized headdresses so many seem to have...

Glad to see the unridden Phoenix is officially an option!

I will reserve further judgment till I have time to pour over those pics some more! can't wait to get 'em in my hands!

Page 83 of 131 FirstFirst ... 33 73 81 82 83 84 85 93 ... LastLast