Page 28 of 131 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 78 128 ... LastLast

Thread: High Elf Rumours

Chapter Master

Re: High Elf Rumours

Quote Originally Posted by TheDungen View Post
    As long as the flying chariot isn't some magic shrine I'm fine with it. I'm already thinking how one could convert a flying chariot flying by an array of sails instead of eagles or magic. I really like the idea of high elfs doing engineering as long as it isn't about combustion or steam.

I still disagree yeah there might be a shadow warrior unit in the area at all times there might be a reaver knight unit at all times, but there certainly are spearmen archers and silverhelms everywhere, and those other units would be one there at the time while any high elf kingdom could field a full fighting force of spearmen and archers (the only reason seaguard are core is because eataine use them instead of those troops). And as someone said if they make more core we're never going to see spearmen used again, its like eldar in 40k if aspect warriors was troops no one would use guardians, well unless they received a massive buff.
    So OK more core but only if spearmen are made the go to choice for core and the other core units are made into units meant to support spearmen. if you don't like the concept of spearmen i might suggest you've chosen the wrong army. because that' what the glittering have always been described as, glittering mail and gleaming sharp spear points. You want fast cavalry and scouts as core go dark elfs or wood elfs. high elfs are all about order and discipline. oh and a fair bit of magic to i suppose i just don't want that side overdone =)

That armies like chaos have a whole slew of core option is because chaos is chaotic it can either be a warrior army or a marauder army or a this army or that army.
    High elfs on the other hand have a system for how armies are made, not professional soldiers perhaps but more trained than the professionals of most other realms in the warhammer world. tell me why would a high elf lord leave his spearmen archers and silverhelms at home when going to war? (you have to realise from a fluff perspective that the general inst thinking, oh I can only bring a certain amount of points to the battlefield) Why bring only a fraction of his forces? (sure in a battle now and then I could see him doing something where skill counts more than numbers but that's what custom scenarios are for).

Silver helms make sense if the general needs to move to fast to bring infantery then he bring his silver helms and any elite units that can support him. But no lord or any other realm than ellyrion or tiranoc would be able to field forces of only chariots or reavers. (and i'm not sure about that either, i think they may field silver helms as well, and again why leave without your silver helms?)
    Whilst I agree that the army is meant to be about citizen levy supported by other units, I don't want an army book that makes one core choice better than every other one. That ISN'T good army book design, regardless of personal opinions. Yes I want new rules to make spearmen worth taking, but I would happily take only a points decrease if it got me chariots and silver helms in core.

Also, although each region contributes to the levy, it is said in the current book that different areas contributed more or less. I would especially think that Tiranoc (apologies for spelling) would contribute a little less spearmen and more chariots. Think of it as like the Empire, who have Nuln (more guns), Stirland (more scouts) etc.

I think that 5-6 core options will be a great thing. Chariots and Silver Helms would be enough.
    <

And someone can make a tiranocii army or allcvalry brigade - reavers, chrriots shs in core and other fast units in other slots
    Henric Kemmler and Krell will be banished by my sword! I ll revenge my fathers death by His blessed weapons!
    Ave dame du Lac! Ave Notre Dame de Batallie!
    The arrows are clinging off your armor, but one is enough to your throat. And even if you are born a great fighter, you shall not come back home! (from a brettonnian chanson)
    <

Having access to most elements of traditional warfare in core does not seem too far fetched for high elves.

Ranks(spears), long range combat (archers), light cavalry (reavers), heavy cavalry (silver helms). Even scouts (shadow warriors), chariots (tiranoc) and warmachined (rbts) with some restrictions could be reasonable.
    <

Banned

I don't know about rbts, warmachines in core seem a little far-fetched to me,
    but everything else mentioned, needs some upgrade, or to be into the core category or a reduce in points cost.
    I don't think there is ANY other way for shadow warriors or elyrian reavers to be worth their points in any decent list.
    Current core came out when HE had to chose 2 core units instead of 3, no points restrictions.
    The time the book was made in a 2400 points army you fielded 220 points of core units.
    Times have changed and i personally hope for more core choises for HE..and a good reason to buy the new plastics
    <

Core should be things that doesn't look odd if a player takes a full army of and a single lord.

a full army of only tiranoc chariots? a full army of shadow warriors? a full a army of reaver knights?

No i don't think so. Silverhalms Spearmen Archers and Seaguard is enough core if you ask me.
    Because that's what core is things you could build an entire army of, things that you probably can get a single unit of is special, units that you maybe can get a unit of is rare.

Being a little stiff on protocol is the high elf way.
    <

Brother Sergeant

There is a picture with the new Phoenix minis on the Denver GW store page:
    https://www.facebook.com/GWSquareOneDenver?ref=stream
    I have the picture, but don't care to get yelled at for posting it.
    <

Chapter Master

It looks okay, didn't expect that it could serve as mount option. The crew of the flying chariot looks good!
    <

Good find infadel, the Phoenix mounts and what we can see of chariot look great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    A bit of soap gets you a long way in life.
    <

Someone is going to get yelled at over this...

But they look lovely. Absolutely lovely. And you can make out part of the flying chariot as well. Second image in that album seems to be the Army Book cover. Looks ace!
    Twitter : @BDimetrius
    <

Chapter Master

Also new reavers? Upper right corner?
    <

Banned

Thanks for the pic,!

Is that wing at the bottom with the rider the eagle chariot??
    <

Brother Sergeant

Thank you, it looks great.

Maybe a new Lord level character with Phoenix mount option? Look at his armor....

Looking forward to see HE!

Unfotunately, no new core... (
    Last edited by aJmes; 30-03-2013 at 14:36.
    <

In the middle of the pic under the chariot some unidentified spearmen or seaguard? At the same time old spearmen on the pic - any clue?
    nd only red colored dragons...
    Henric Kemmler and Krell will be banished by my sword! I ll revenge my fathers death by His blessed weapons!
    The arrows are clinging off your armor, but one is enough to your throat. And even if you are born a great fighter, you shall not come back home! (from a brettonnian chanson)
    <

Looks like phoenix guards mount
    <

Brother Sergeant

No worries, I just got lucky. I asked what is that up for and they replied that it might be what's coming. And now it is gone.
    <

Banned

<

The Flying Chariot thing at the bottom seems like they are all IoB LSG style elves. It almost looks like its a huge platform thats divided up instead of 1 model being in front of the other. At the front of it a guy has a huge bow-I'm guessing this is the RBT part of the rumor. I can't figure out what the red wings are behind the second guy.

Also noticed the Phoenixes has even different wings for fire/ice. Kinda pumped about this. But now cursed knowing I have a month to wait.
    <

Love it. The 'eavy metal paintjob actually seems to be doing it justice for a change too. What we can see of the chariot seems nice too.
    In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only British.
    Actual (alleged) girl. Alpha Female.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jes Goodwin
    They breed more anyway, its a pretty rough place, Commoragh, there's a lot of it going off.
    <

Veteran Sergeant

Thanks for the pic looks great!!!
    <

it seems red and magneta coloured update is truth,what about yellow and orange parts?

And thank you, poster
    <

Page 28 of 131 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 78 128 ... LastLast