Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tau codex no longer available to retailers

Tau codex no longer available to retailers

Just stopped in my local nerd store to get some what-nots and the lad in charge of orders said that the Tau codex is no longer available as well as the Hammerhead, crisis suit and one other unit (I forget which one). He said when that happens to a codex "it is just a few weeks out, so expect to see it by April." This was some good news to me!
    Jesus Ate My Toothpaste!
    <

Re: Tau codex no longer available to retailers

That just shows that all the Tau players (me) will have a empty wallet by the end of April!!!! Finally, the Tau return. This also means High Elves and Eldar are next yay!!
    <

Really interesting. Haven't seen a single picture of the upcoming tau release.
    <

We didn't see any pictures of daemons either untill the release was just a few weeks away and those were from White Dwarf. As it is currently the only pictures leaking out from GWs future releases seem to come when next White Dwarf is printed and distributed, so expect pictures to be two weeks from now.
    Order. Unity. Obedience.
    <

And this, mylords, myladies, confirms what I have spread on other sites (which I am glad to hear, otherwise I would have been embarassed! )! So maybe, really, Tau look good to me. I actually hope for a Vespid kit like CSM Raptor one. Would be nice to see dynamic, flying Vespids etc., eh?
    Greetz
    Thorin
    <

Quote Originally Posted by rjmatseer View Post
    That just shows that all the Tau players (me) will have a empty wallet by the end of April!!!! Finally, the Tau return. This also means High Elves and Eldar are next yay!!
    Actually lizarzmen gets a go before Eldar does.
    Still, it's nice to see that the release rumour has remained true so far and looking forward to see how the tau will turn out and enjoy the artwork.
    <

Veteran Sergeant

Yeah baby ! Bring on the boys in blue & their spikey friends ! Hi karumbha! !! ! !
    <

Interesting. I'm hopefully going to be in the US during March/April (where GW is cheap! cheap! cheap!) Might be coming home several kilos heavier.....
    Young lady, I am an expert on humans. Now pick a mouth, open it and say "brglgrglgrrr"!

<

Maybe they're just being discontinued?
    Quote Originally Posted by x-esiv-4c View Post
    Remember, Neck-bearded Howlers have to be dealt with like misbehaving dogs or feral hobos. Wack 'em with a rolled up newspaper and shout "NO. WE DON'T DO THAT INSIDE. NOOOOO"
    The big frog leading the lizardmen is called a "Slann" not a "Slaan", the big bird in the Empire is called a "Griffon" not a "Gryphon". The Bretonnian bird is, unfortunately, called a hippogryph.
    <

Chapter Master VERITAS/AEQUITAS's Avatar

I can still order them on the German GW site. Aren't they pulled from all stores if the release of a new one is close?
    <

So, new (probably dual-build) flyer, new supersuit, new crisis suits and new Farsight (possibly as a variant build in a commander box). Maybe new Broadsides. Probably a couple of resin somethings. That sounds like a release wave to me.
    As a long-time Goblin player, I can reliably inform you that failure is ALWAYS an option.

Painting Log - Circle Orboros - Warpwolves FTW!
    Terrain Log - Circle Orboros themed terrain for Hordes
    <

If i like the codex i may get an allied detachment for my Eldar.
    Seems to get an expensive year
    <

The only mystery is why it took them so long to yoink the hammerhead box. The skyray has the same sprues (+ EXTRA ones for the skyray) for the same price. It's like buying a rhino when a razorback is the same price.
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia800 using my microwave as a proxy server.

That is not dead which can eternal lie
    And yet, with strange aeons, even death may die.

I am the guy who thought the LoTR movies were crap and liked Judge Dredd.
    <

Chapter Master

Quote Originally Posted by VERITAS/AEQUITAS View Post
    I can still order them on the German GW site. Aren't they pulled from all stores if the release of a new one is close?
    Nope, GW will keep it on the shelves until preorders go up on their site. They just aren't selling them to independants any more
    7th ed 40k W/L/D: Space Wolves 1/0/0
    8th ed WHFB W/L/D: High Elves 1/0/0
    <

Quote Originally Posted by VERITAS/AEQUITAS View Post
    GW tends to have them up until the day the pre-orders are up so that's no indication.
    Local stores however get word earlier to either to clear up their stocks or that they can't order it anymore.
    <

April seems unlikely: we usually don't get more than 3 codices spread out over the year. I think the Daemon codex counts as our "mid year" release, which means Tau would be closer to August.
    "Despair all ye nations, there's no hope for us now,
    For we made this monster, placed a crown on his brow.
    He fed on our apathy; our pain made him swell.
    We gave him dominion, he gives us his Hell."

- Liber Chaotica Nurgle
    <

Quote Originally Posted by Azulthar View Post
    April seems unlikely: we usually don't get more than 3 codices spread out over the year. I think the Daemon codex counts as our "mid year" release, which means Tau would be closer to August.
    That was sooo.. 2012 planning
    Now with a codex/army book every month, they seem to have doubled their annual production output. Hell, WH Chaos release or codex DA seem still new, but have already been displaced by daemons (double book) and all these will be surpassed by the greater good's forthcoming!
    A codex/army book per month seems more accurate these days
    <

Well Cruddance did state that they were upping the rate of releases.
    And if rumours are true that stores are unable to get the tau codex(which this thred isn't the first I have seen claiming it) then august is very unlikely since no way would GW miss out on Tau sales for that long.
    Have to consider that these are 4e books being updated, armies that hasn't gotten anything new in a while, their players will be eager to buy.
    <

Chapter Master

The rumour I hear Is every army to get a codex in 3 years of the edition coming out, I do wonder what 6th ed greyknight and crons will like in 3 years time...
    so tau in april/May not a shock
    Note : unthinking mixes of allies may make the game less fun for both sides... Use with Care...
    2013 win/loss Nids 0w/5l Necrons 9w/0l Grey Knights 2w/4l CSM 3w/2d/3l Tau 4W/1L (tau was vs codex marines who just melt to 2x plasma suits)
    <

Eh, since when were Lizards bumped up the schedule? Interesting development if true...

The release schedule has been accurate since we got it late last summer. Every month people say they think it's probably not correct and suggest something different ('suggest', based on assumption not information), then every month Hastings has to say "er, I gave you the schedule months ago". To his credit, every month so far it has been correct.

Rumoured schedule, to date (in given order):
    Dark Vengeance
    CSM
    WoC
    Hobbit
    DA
    CD / DoC

Rumoured schedule, remaining (in given order):
    Tau
    High Elves
    Eldar
    Lizards

The only error (if it's even an error) was that the WoC month after CSM was a wave month when we expected a book. But it was still a WoC month. We got another WoC month inserted between DA and Daemons for the book release - but it didn't disrupt the order in which DA & Daemons arrived.

It's definitely fair to say that just because this rumour was right so far, doesn't mean it will continue to be right (and is more likely to be wrong the further ahead we look), but there's been no other sources of information contradicting it (the few rumours we do have are just tidbits which fit within the existing schedule).

Regardless, it's looking more certain by the day that Hastings' list will prove correct again. Tau are in business by the looks of things!!

But where did 'Lizards before Eldar' come from??
    <

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast