Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Zogoth's painting efforts (mainly different kinds of Chaos minis)

Re: Zogoth's painting efforts (mainly different kinds of Chaos minis)

I like the clean color look of your painted miniatures!
    Warseer Project Log - The Four Heroes Project Log
    General Hobby Blog - Four Heroes Project Blog

Time for another update, on the small side but an update never the less.

Quote Originally Posted by Naitsabes View Post
    lovely stuff! my favorites are the cannon loading oger and not-Gutrot Spume (creepy slimy tentacles).

Good luck in your upcoming game, maybe snap a few pictures for us. cheers.
    Thank you.
    I'm pretty sure I will take a couple of pictures, since it's such a rare occasion. And since I have a phone with a decent camera, it's even more likely.

Quote Originally Posted by akai View Post
    I like the clean color look of your painted miniatures!
    Thanks.
    I'm really crap at painting grime and dirt. And this is probably going to be a really big challenge in the future, since I'm probably going to migrate over to Bolt Action now, at least when it comes to new purchases.

I'm still feeding of the energy of the fact that I have a gaming weekend coming up.

So I finished my pestigors, or at least almost, still need a bit of static grass, but that is still not unpacked since my last move (that I made in February, so I really don't have any excuse ).

And the whole unit.

And I managed to make the banners for my plauebearers as well, a bit crude but it will do for now.

And to finish off this post, one of my all-time favourite miniatures. It really captures the essence of Nurgle, or at least that's how I see it.
    And as usual, macro pictures is a ruthless way of showing of what you missed, so there is a couple of things I will touch-up.

Last edited by Zogoth; 08-07-2017 at 17:17. Reason: Sorted out the Photobucket-shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by mrtn View Post
    Nice ones. As to Bolt Action, where do you live? We have a Facebook group called Bolt Action Stockholm if that's interesting and close enough to you.
    Thanks for the offer, but I'm located on the west-coast so it's a bit far away to be practical.

Played my first game in 2 years this weekend.

It was kind of a strange experience. We also played a couple of games of Bolt Action during the weekend, and there is a distinct difference in game-flow between the 2 games. Still enjoyable though. And in the end we probably played a kind of 5th-8,5th ed version of the game most likely.

The game itself was 1500 pts, me playing a chaos force, chosen from the End of times list, or kind of from that list and with some additions from the Thamurkan book as well.
    My really cunning plan I had when I made my army-list was to use models that I have painted but never used before. This made a really focused and efficient list....

Luckily my opponent got a bit inspired from playing BA, and just went with a mantra of troops, troops, troops... His whole army was more or less troops, and two hero-lvl characters, no magic, not even magic items.

In the end, several of my choices was utterly stupid, such as a chaos sorcerer and no “human” chaos unit to put him in. That got him dive bombed by some lizard stukas... And a lord on a manticore when your opponent has skinks with poisonous blowpipes...but my lord go a chance to work on his running skills at least.
    And he still more or less saved his and my honour in the end. In my 5th turn he charged a unit of saurus spears in the flank, and started chipping away. In the following phase, the lizard 6th he in turn got charged by a stegadon, but the combo of chaos armour and shield and talisman of protection, together with some excellent dice-rolls, such as saving all the 5 thunder-stomps ended up in his steg losing his nerve and he ran away, since the lord killed a few saurus each turn, and enough to win the combats. And he then followed it up with breaking the sauruses in the next phase, and what on my turn 5 looked like a massacre in the favour of the lizards actually ended up in a 125 ish point difference in the end. Still a loss, but much closer than I thought was possible.

My battle line at the start of the game.
    The gor unit backed up by the mark of Nurgle and Ld of a chaoslord was another surprise for both me and my opponent, proving to be an fantastic speed bump.

Last edited by Zogoth; 08-07-2017 at 16:42. Reason: Sorted out the Photobucket-shenanigans

It's been a very long time since I have done anything related to warhammer, I more or less gave up on it with the destruction of the old world as I knew it.
    But this summer me and a good friend buckled up and did something we have been talking about for ages, and that was to try to get our old group from our university days back together. And for about a month ago we actually got together and played a small “tournament” of 6th ed. Warhammer fantasy battle again, with old gaming friends, some of which I had not seen in the flesh for some 15 years.
    We ended up on 10 people in the end and we had a blast, and immediately decided to try to get this done again next year, also be “demand” from about as many others who couldn't make it this time.

We had the possibility to lend/rent a gaming clubs facility over the weekend, thanks to the fact that one of us are part of that club, so we had access to all kinds of tables and terrain.

And this have given me some inspiration, so my goal for next time (hopefully sooner than another 15 years ) is to field my (ravening hordes) chaos dwarfs. So I need ti finish at least 1500 pts of chaos dwarfs and their slave orcs.
    And going though my bits box I found enough to build 10 black orcs, and I've built most of them by now and even started to get some paint on to a couple.
    This pic is pretty washed out, the red is much more red in RL, and the highlights a orangy kind of red not pink, but that is what you get when you live in an basement apartment in the winter in Norway

I have made a bit of progress during the holidays, or at least I've finished a couple of minis.

This is my chaos dwarf black orc slaves as they look today, all four of them.

And I guess this one will end up as the unit champion. This pose and head is probably one of my all time favourites of all GW minis. It was actually one of the two main reasons I got the black orc kit way back. I wanted their standard for a unit of chaoswarriors and I wanted to build and paint this model. That it then took more than 10 years to get around to dig them out of my bits box and do just that....
    But now it's done.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4