Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Zogoth's painting efforts (mainly different kinds of Chaos minis)

Re: Zogoth's painting efforts (mainly different kinds of Chaos minis)

Really like your sigvalid (sp?) model mate, really well painted, one of my favourite models too.

The rest of it awesomely painted too but that one stood out the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n Facebeard View Post
    Wow, great army! I like too many things to list them all, just great conversions and model use all round. Must especially mention the warrior champion's great hat, it really made me smile!
    Thank you.
    I don't just see all chaoswarriors as barbarians from Norsca, but all sorts of people fall for the lure of the chaosgods. And since these ones originally was planned to go along with my Sigvald mini, i wanted a little more vain and fancy look than that of the more "normal" warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by quina2525 View Post
    Really like your sigvalid (sp?) model mate, really well painted, one of my favourite models too.
    The rest of it awesomely painted too but that one stood out the most.
    Thanks.
    Just a lovely miniature, plain and simple.

I haven't been that productive as life in general takes up most of what could have been hobby-time.

The little I have done is to work on my second unit of knights. They are still a little work in progress, eyes, some parts still needs a wash or two and so on, but they are still getting there, slowly.

Here is something else that's on the way. His ride is still unpainted, and I'm not at all found of painting large minis, since I feel that I tend to if not screw them up at least not doing them justice. But I think I simply must bit the bullet one of these days and start regardless of my hesitation.

Took a couple of quick shoots of some of my daemons, I don't have a lot of them and even fewer are painted. But I have a couple of units of daemonettes and at least one of them are more or less finished.

These daemonettes are my favorite versions, the current ones aren't at all bad, but they still can't compare to these ones.

And as I said, these aren't all bad sculpts either. Still a bit of work left on these.

And while I was turning some boxes inside out in search of some misplaced shields for my chaosdwarfs I stumbled over these, haven't seen or thought of them for years, but now I have promoted them and put them alongside some other bits and pieces in my "miniatures cabinet".

Last edited by Zogoth; 08-07-2017 at 19:23. Reason: Sorted out the Photobucket-shenanigans

I guess its time for another post, since it's a little more than a year since the last one.
    I haven't had much time for hobby-stuff, but some small things gets a drop or two of paint once in a a while...or once in a blue moon if you will.

And as usual I haven't been as structured as I probably should have been to be more efficient, jumping in and out of various projects.

First we have Festus, which I'm using as a Nurgle sorcerer for my warriors. Really enjoyable miniature in the end, wasn't 100% sold on it to start with but it grew on me during the painting.

After Festus I jumped to some of my beasts, mainly my Slaangors, but I also been working on my unit of Slaaneshi gors, but in a very slow pace. But when it comes to the Slaangors the 10 I got is more or less finished, bar basing, and I think I will wait with that until I get around to get another 10 painted for a full unit of 20. Plain lovely minis, even though not as characterful as the old Pestigors.

The Gouge-horn

I have more or less also finished this unit, a few touch-ups and the eyes remain.
    This is yet again minis that I didn't really like when I first saw them, but that actually was a joy to model and paint, and I'm pretty pleased with how they turned out in the end.

And to finish of this post, a WIP pic of what I'm working on (still, I literally have had this model built for years).

Now, just lets hope that it doesn't takes a year until I update again.
    Last edited by Zogoth; 08-07-2017 at 19:09. Reason: Sorted out the Photobucket-shenanigans

Hehe , I remember this stuff Rly like it. Great update. I like the flames on the skull - looks rly magical. Have you ever experimented with OSL - light effect-thing?
    My Ogre Marvel Heroes (Upd. Jul.28.15) , My O&Gs(Upd Aug.02.15), My Dwarfs,(Upd 3.26.16) My 40k plog () (Upd 3.26.16) , Paint-off , MichaelJames vs. Localicious
    Minies bought/painted-ratio 2014 - 149/70 .. am I the only one failing that ratio big time ? :P

Back again, not even a week since last time.

Quote Originally Posted by LocaLicious View Post
    Hehe , I remember this stuff Rly like it. Great update. I like the flames on the skull - looks rly magical. Have you ever experimented with OSL - light effect-thing?
    Thank you. When it comes to OSL, hell no , I'm right now trying to resurrect my painting abilities, and I never really got the hang of OSL earlier, but who knows what future brings.

As I have mentioned before I really don’t like painting large miniatures, since I never seem to feel satisfied with my results. But with this one I just went for it and soldiered on through it. There is still a few touch-ups (taking these macro-pics is really ruthless when it comes to point out the mistakes) and eyes to do along with the base, but never the less its good progress. And even though I'm not totally happy with how it turned out, I’m quite happy with the fact that I finished it.

I also took a couple of pics of the WoC stuff I have painted while I was at it, but they didn’t turn out very good but I put them up regardless.
    First out my Slaanesh stuff.

Nurgle detachment.

And to finish it all off, both fractions together.

Last edited by Zogoth; 08-07-2017 at 18:59. Reason: Sorted out the Photobucket-shenanigans

Trying to stick to my guns this time and keep the log active, so here's another update.
    In truth I haven’t really had any time to paint, as I have been using some of my vacation-days to do some volunteer work at a rock-festival.

But I have made a bit of progress on my Nurgle chariot, and here's a couple of work in progress pics of it.

Last edited by Zogoth; 08-07-2017 at 18:52. Reason: Sorted out the Photobucket-shenanigans

Update time again, small but never the less a second time this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Karak Norn Clansman View Post
    Really nice Chaos army!
    Thank you very much.

Managed to finish my Nurgle chariot this weekend.
    Quite pleased with the chariot itself, steeds and driver, but the Wulfrik model was just a chore to paint. Don't really know why, I normally like to paint that kind of minis, but with this one I just had to force myself to finish. And I think it shows, that I didn't enjoy to paint it, so hopefully I might go back and give it a bit of TLC some other time, but for now it will have to do.
    I'm also considering to put a couple of shields on the saddles of the steeds sometime in the future, since they look a bit naked right now.

Last edited by Zogoth; 08-07-2017 at 18:50. Reason: Sorted out the Photobucket-shenanigans

Commander

Great blog. Really love your stuff has some fantastic character!

Look forward to seeing more

I'm going to follow this plog, it is great!
    Yeah, we flew our space church across 500 light years to get to this planet taken over by the orks. Now we're going to drop from orbit in buckets and run out and shoot pistols and hit people in the head with chainsaws. Ultramarines!

I'd date that sigvald mini!
    A paintloggy thingamajig : http://www.warseer.com/forums/showth...m-Extravaganza!!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1201307 View Post
    Have any of you seen how women react to Oprah? Basically, thats what Primarchs are to Space Marines...

I haven't been totally idle this week eighter, these last few of weeks been the most productive in a long time, even though I can't compare to the pace of many other posters here.

Quote Originally Posted by plantagenet View Post
    Great blog. Really love your stuff has some fantastic character!

Look forward to seeing more
    Quote Originally Posted by ashc View Post
    I'm going to follow this plog, it is great!
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel_kex View Post
    I'd date that sigvald mini!
    Thanks a lot guys.

So this last week I have mainly focused on finishing a first bullcentaur for my chaos dwarfs.

And now I have moved on to trying to finish some other models that I have had assembled and even a bit partially painted for a long time. They also gives me a pretty different colour scheme to work with compared to my mainly green and purple warriors. Here is a couple of wip-pics.

Last edited by Zogoth; 08-07-2017 at 18:47. Reason: Sorted out the Photobucket-shenanigans

This week I've been quite active, and done a bit of everything.

To start of, I've based a few miniatures, such as the chaos lord on manticore, the nurgle chariot, slaanesh marauder horsemen and a few other loose ends.

Then I finished the deamonettes that I started to finish of last week. They are now pretty much done, just basing remaining.

Then I turned my (short) attention to a few minis that I more or less had given up. I started to make some forsaken from some dark eldar wyches an edition or so ago, but with the new book my initial thoughts were that they don’t really fit anymore.
    And fluff vise I'm still in doubt, but rules vise the seems to fit pretty good. Since the minis have an element of speed to them they live up to the M6 and all have two hand weapons which can explain the “****-load” of attacks that the may get with a lucky roll. So after some thought I took them back and even painted a tester as well as finishing of the build of a couple more for a unit of 5 to start with. One is missing from the pics as it was still waiting for the glue to cure when I took the pics.

But when I was rumbling though my boxes to finish the forsaken I also found another old project, or parts for one at least. So while inspiration was flowing I built and painted a first harpy for my beastmen army.

And I've started on another one as well.

Last edited by Zogoth; 08-07-2017 at 18:43. Reason: Sorted out the Photobucket-shenanigans

Time for an update.

This last week I've switched my focus to some of my beastmen.
    I more or less finished a unit of ungor raiders, just a few small things left such as some leaves and static grass on the bases.

I've also kept working on the harpies, three are in the same state as the raiders and the last two are on their way, a bit at least.

Last edited by Zogoth; 08-07-2017 at 18:36. Reason: Sorted out the Photobucket-shenanigans

Another week, another update, I decided to aim at making an update each week, to give myself a small goal.

This time I have finished my unit of harpies, and I'm quite pleased with the result myself, at least the later ones, which are a bit more animated and “alive” than the first ones, that ended up a bit static.

And last my personal favourite of the group.

And to to it all off, I started to paint my unit of Slaaneshi beastmen. I paint them in the same colours as my Slaanesh warrior to link them together, and also to make them to stand out from the main body of my beastmen force which is Nurgle worshippers.
    I built these a long time ago, and it is about time I get some paint on them.
    The models themselves are more or less plain gors, with weapons swapped for warrior/marauder weapons, favouring swords as I see them as more sophisticated, and thus more appealing to Slaanesh. As an comparison my Nurgle warriors and marauders wields axes, cleavers and clubs, which is a bit less elegant.
    I have also favoured the old kits armoured heads and the more “kinky” ones from the newer kit with bridles, piercings as such.
    When it comes to shields I've picked the warrior ones, which I like a lot, but some sits pretty badly on a couple of my beasts if you look a bit closer, but I'm going for the bigger picture in this case at least.

So let me present the back rank, the poor doomed souls (or whatever they might be called) who will be the first to fall in battle...
    Was in a bit of a hurry when I took these pictures but they will have to do for a back rank.

Last edited by Zogoth; 08-07-2017 at 18:32. Reason: Sorted out the Photobucket-shenanigans

Well that worked out well...as soon as I said I'd try to update weekly I failed at once.
    But I blame the weather and work for that. It's been really hot here the last couple of weeks which made it pretty much impossible for me to concentrate enough to get anything done.

But I haven't been totally idle, I've finished another rank for my slaanesh gors. With these five, I've passed the halfway mark for this unit.

Last edited by Zogoth; 08-07-2017 at 18:26. Reason: Sorted out the Photobucket-shenanigans

Time flies, and the paint dries out in their pots...
    Well that's not totally true, but there haven't been to many painting possibilities the last few months, but I have managed to get a little bit done at least.

The pictures are pretty bad, but the sun is a rare sight here this time of year so I have to get by with the artificial lighting I have to my disposal.

I have finished (except basing) my unit of Slaanesh worshipping gors, 20 strong.

A couple of pics of the command group. I tried to tie this unit to the Slaangors by using the same yellow/green flame on the “standard” of this unit as I used on the Slaangor champions flaming skull. I also used a spare bestigor head for the champion, to make him stand out a bit more and gave him a whip which I think is suitably Saaneshi.
    The musician got a drum instead of the more typical war-horn, used by more or less all other units in my beast army.

And now for something completely different, still not 100% done, there is a couple of small touch-ups left to be done.
    It have been challenging to resist all the new Nurgle models, and I guess I'm bound to get a few more over time.

Last edited by Zogoth; 08-07-2017 at 18:22. Reason: Sorted out the Photobucket-shenanigans

Time for an small update.

Quote Originally Posted by Karak Norn Clansman View Post
    Nice and crisp painting!
    Thanks.

I haven't been to productive this last weeks (yet again ), but what can you expect when you work in retail during Christmas?

Never the less, I've managed to finish a few bits and pieces, and its been my beastmen that have been the focus of my attention lately.

Most of these have been painted for years literally, but I have added a few extra for a total of 25 for the unit to replace to ungors that was a part of the unit when it was originally painted.

The champion is an old mordheim model, really full of character.

I have also finished the head goat of my beasts slaaneshi parts, and here he is with an shaman I painted a long time ago, but haven't shown here before.

He is supposed to be the low level shaman in the army, I have another shaman laying around waiting for some paint.

And while I had my camera out I took a couple of snapshots of my beasts. First my Nurgle devotees.

And all together now.

Last edited by Zogoth; 08-07-2017 at 18:17. Reason: Sorted out the Photobucket-shenanigans

Time for an update, at last.

Life has been full, spent most of last month moving, and most of my stuff is still in boxes, but the last couple of days I've had a little time to relax and then I actually painted a bit.

To start off, I put some paint on an project I've been toying with a while, a loader ogre slave for one of my earth shaker cannons, so that I can use it as an dread quake mortar if I need to.
    There is still a couple of smaller things to do, like the eyes and there is also going to be an chain between his manacles, but my bits are still not unboxed, and to be honest I don't really know where to put it. :confused:

This guy also happened to be placed handily so I decided to do a test and see where they might end up. And in the end I'm pretty pleased with the end result. Fun model to paint in all its simplicity.

Last edited by Zogoth; 08-07-2017 at 18:08. Reason: Sorted out the Photobucket-shenanigans

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast