Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Zogoth's painting efforts (mainly different kinds of Chaos minis)

Re: Zogoth's painting efforts (mainly different kinds of Chaos minis)

Great PLog! From so many things I really like I'll mention:
    Manticore Wing membranes, excellent colour and highlights!
    Nurgle themed beastmen warriors, especially unit champion, made from Mordheim model, looks really cool.
    And of course Demonettes, really well painted, great colour combination and I really like their red pupils.

Overall You made a heap of great work. Keep it up!
    My Bretonnians , my AoS stuff, my other stuff, and my terrains

... and my blog: Nerdworkshop

Don't worry be Happy!

Wow, you've really got some stong themes in your army. Just awesome, I would love to play against this
    ToFP PLOG http://www.warseer.com/forums/showth...37#post7281537

Quote Originally Posted by Darnok View Post
    I... umm... will ban you!
    No wonder that you thought 2nd ed 40K sucked. You weren't even playing it.

Marine

Hey Yeah looks awesome . Im gutted I havent found your plog before. As a fellow chaos collector who has lots of segments to his army its really good to see all your individual units aswell as in one army.

You mentioned your slannesh lord you also had plans to have him mounted as you showed but also on a dragon etc. I am similar in that i have many models which represent my general etc.

Have you got any pictures of all the different models you use for him?

p.s. I really like your slaanesh armour colour: which paints is it?

Quote Originally Posted by LordSariour View Post
    I was going to ask this as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Grain Weevil View Post
    Great PLog! From so many things I really like I'll mention:
    Manticore Wing membranes, excellent colour and highlights!
    Nurgle themed beastmen warriors, especially unit champion, made from Mordheim model, looks really cool.
    And of course Demonettes, really well painted, great colour combination and I really like their red pupils.

Overall You made a heap of great work. Keep it up!
    Thanks, I'll do my best to keep going.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramius4 View Post
    Wow, you've really got some stong themes in your army. Just awesome, I would love to play against this
    Play? You can play with these?
    It's been a couple of years since I last played, I don't think I even remember the correct rules anymore, having a hard time keeping the editions apart.

Quote Originally Posted by LordSariour View Post
    Hey Yeah looks awesome . Im gutted I havent found your plog before. As a fellow chaos collector who has lots of segments to his army its really good to see all your individual units aswell as in one army.

You mentioned your slannesh lord you also had plans to have him mounted as you showed but also on a dragon etc. I am similar in that i have many models which represent my general etc.

Have you got any pictures of all the different models you use for him?

When it comes to my lord, yes I got the models, but they aren't painted yet, not even basecoated.
    It's more or less the same miniature as the one on deamonic steed, with a different set of legs and pets. Same torso, head and arms, in “all” three versions.
    But when the get painted they will end up here, hopefully.

The armour is painted with the old paints, Liche purple highlighted with Warlock purple.
    But I think I'm having to look into Vallejo colours now since at least the Warlock purple is no more, and nothing in the GW range is even close nowadays. Haven't tried the Xerus purple so I don't know how it stands up to Liche purple.
    But back on track, to finish it all off, I wash the armour with the old GW magenta ink, which has been out of production for years now sadly.
    For once I was a little bit on my toes and bought the rest of the pots my local shop had when I heard that the inks was discontinued so I still have a couple of pots left.

But that's pretty much it, a purple armour with a simple highlight and them an ink wash.

Really cool stuff you have there! I like how it all comes together.

Quote Originally Posted by Zogoth View Post
    But I think I'm having to look into Vallejo colours now since at least the Warlock purple is no more, and nothing in the GW range is even close nowadays. Haven't tried the Xerus purple so I don't know how it stands up to Liche purple.
    If Vallejo paints don't match, take a look at the P3 paints.

Update time.

Quote Originally Posted by mrtn View Post
    I had missed this thread, cool chaos armies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerevarine View Post
    Really cool stuff you have there! I like how it all comes together.
    Thank you, guys.

If Vallejo paints don't match, take a look at the P3 paints.
    I hope (and think) that Vallejo will work good enough, especially since it's much easier to get hold of where I'm located.

I have painted a little since my last update (surprise surprise, since that's the main point of an update)

Pretty much finished off my first unit of blunderbuses, just the eyes left to do, and I need a new pot of white paint to sort that out.
    The photos are not the best, to say the least, but I haven't found a good place to take pics at my new place yet, so until I do, these will have to satisfy.

And a small diversion, going to use it as a marker for my warriors. I have a few more of these old warmaster chaos characters laying around so there might be more of these in the future.

Last edited by Zogoth; 08-07-2017 at 18:04. Reason: Sorted out the Photobucket-shenanigans

Nice CD, a good take on the classic scheme. I really like that marker as well, he's like a Chaos sprite.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigBadWolf View Post
    In the toilets?!

You dirty bugger!!!

I have actually got some work done last week as well, so here's a small update.

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n Facebeard View Post
    Nice CD, a good take on the classic scheme. I really like that marker as well, he's like a Chaos sprite.
    Thanks.
    I fell for the chaos dwarfs for nostalgic reasons, I really didn't like them back in the 90's but now that has changed, so I guess my vision is “red era”-ish.

But I have bounced back to Nurgle and finished my unit of blightkings, or more or less anyway, I have Gutrot Spume as well, intent on using him as champion rather than as the named character.
    And as always, the pics are ruthless and shows everything you missed, so there is a few things I've seen already, mostly some Nurgle's rot and blood for the blood God that's missing in some sores. But also some spikes that need a coat of metal and so on.

Last edited by Zogoth; 08-07-2017 at 18:00. Reason: Sorted out the Photobucket-shenanigans

I will give up on this model for now and sort of call it finished, but every time I look at it I find something that is in need of a touch-up, but I can't really stand it anymore. It's been standing on my painting tables for years, literally. So this will have to do. And the pics turned out as crap as well, seems like a good day today.

I love the mini in itself, good-looking and fun to build, but a pain to paint, the amount of detail is ridiculous.

Last edited by Zogoth; 08-07-2017 at 17:57. Reason: Sorted out the Photobucket-shenanigans

That Ghorgon is looking properly cool anyway. I know what you mean about getting fed up of a model, but as soon as you shelf it, the weight of expectation becomes a bit lighter and you might find yourself wanting to revisit it sometime in the future. Personally, I think that skin tone and the greens works well together and I might steal it for the few beasties I'll have in my WoC units. You've got some cool looking CD blunderbuses too, good job!
    You even think that the Ghorgon is really just Hushut?
    Please have a look at my WoC models and give some CC. Thanks
    http://www.warseer.com/forums/showth...tuff-CC-please

Quote Originally Posted by Left Foot View Post
    That Ghorgon is looking properly cool anyway. I know what you mean about getting fed up of a model, but as soon as you shelf it, the weight of expectation becomes a bit lighter and you might find yourself wanting to revisit it sometime in the future. Personally, I think that skin tone and the greens works well together and I might steal it for the few beasties I'll have in my WoC units. You've got some cool looking CD blunderbuses too, good job!
    You even think that the Ghorgon is really just Hushut?
    Thanks!
    Well, who knows, I might get back to it one day.

A ghorgon as Hashut? Naaa, not really, maybe a simple-minded avatar .

I haven't really been doing that much hobby stuff the last couple of weeks, or not gaming related hobby-stuff at least. But a little bit have happened and this one is almost finished, a couple of touch-ups as always when you see the pics.

And a bit off topic, this is what strolen a lot of my time and interest the last couple of weeks.

Last edited by Zogoth; 08-07-2017 at 17:54. Reason: Sorted out the Photobucket-shenanigans

Awesome stuff here man. You've got a really nice and crisp painting technique.

Quote Originally Posted by Zogoth View Post
    And a bit off topic, this is what strolen a lot of my time and interest the last couple of weeks.

A photo of an aquarium?

Well, it's been a while now since I did any real painting (or any painting for that matter).

I must say that all the rumours of the new 9th edition somewhat put a damper on my already meagre motivation. Not that I felt the need to rage-quit, but I at least wanted to see the rules before I went on. And sadly, I can't say that I'm impressed by AoS, it's probably a nice game, but I feel that it's a bit bland, I really loved the rich universe that is no more.
    But as I rarely play anyway nowadays, it's not really a problem, since all of my friends will stay with 8th . So after coming to terms with all this I actually picked up my brushes again and finished a few things that been half-done for ages.

First up, an exalted hero of Slaanesh.
    Or at least that's his rank on paper, in reality he's more likely to end up as a champion in a unit of knights.

Second, another campion, this time for my blightkings (I never use “pre-named” characters).

And to finish off, a small sneak peak of a work in progress...

Awesome stuff here man. You've got a really nice and crisp painting technique.

A photo of an aquarium?
    Thank you.
    Yepp, I moved earlier this year and that meant that I had to dismantle my marine aquarium, and putting it back together again restarted my interest in a big way.
    Last edited by Zogoth; 08-07-2017 at 17:49. Reason: Sorted out the Photobucket-shenanigans

I have managed to get a bit work done, but not the things I planned/hoped. Went through a box looking for something completely different, which I eventually found, but I also found these, and started to paint one as a test to find a paintscheme.

And I enjoyed painting it so I continued. The one in the back isn't finished yet, still quite a bit to do one that one.

The first one.

And the rest.

Last edited by Zogoth; 08-07-2017 at 17:39. Reason: Sorted out the Photobucket-shenanigans

Time for another update.

The plaguebearers I started a while ago sort of sparked my interest again, so I have now more or less finished the unit apart from basing. There is a few other small things as making a banner (or two in this case) and such but that is in the future.

But this isn't all, I finished of another project that I've been working on for quite some time. It is another one of those models that I never seem to be able to finish, there is always some more things to touch up, but it's now at a level that I can let that pass and If I ever find the motivation later on, I can always go back and work more on it if I want.
    So here is my Nurgle warshrine.

So with these two units done, I've moved on to something else, some more filthy goats.

Last edited by Zogoth; 08-07-2017 at 17:35. Reason: Sorted out the Photobucket-shenanigans

I've done a bit of painting lately since I actually have a game or two lined up in a not to distant future. It's literally years since my last game/games, but now it's time again. Not really sure what army to use, hell not even sure what edition of the game to use, but most likely “8-ish”.

Never the less, after more or less finishing my plaugebearers seen above, I stayed in father Nurgles service and I have been working on my unit of pestigors, which now are more or less finished, the champion is still on my painting desk and there is still some work to do on the bases, some patches of static grass and some leaf-littering, but other than that, this is it.

And while I was at it, I took a couple pics of my huge chaosdwarf horde, or at least the painted parts of it.

Warriors / infernal guard

Hellcannon / earthshaker crew & loader

Commander in chief on fashionable ride

Last edited by Zogoth; 08-07-2017 at 17:26. Reason: Sorted out the Photobucket-shenanigans

lovely stuff! my favorites are the cannon loading oger and not-Gutrot Spume (creepy slimy tentacles).

Good luck in your upcoming game, maybe snap a few pictures for us. cheers.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast