Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Forge World Newsletter #340

Veteran Sergeant WarmasterPainting's Avatar

Forge World Newsletter #340

Hi there,
    Following its successful debut at the Forge World Open Day, the new Imperial Armour Volume Twelve: The Fall of Orpheus book is now available to pre-order. As well as this, we’ve also got details in this week’s newsletter of the new Forge World catalogue and a reminder of our forthcoming events.

Imperial Armour Volume Twelve: The Fall of Orpheus
    http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/FW/IA12covernl.jpgOn the edge of the Segmentum Tempestus, the Orpheus Sector has stood as a bulwark against the outer darkness for millennia. Forged in war and preserved by the blood of the Imperium’s soldiers, it has stood against the privations of the Orks from without and the treachery of the Ruinous Powers from within, but now a new terror has risen that is beyond anything it has faced before.
    From their cold tombs beneath forbidden and dead worlds rise the Necrons of the ancient Maynarkh Dynasty. Tainted by madness and abominable hunger, undying warrior-legions and the fearsome war engines of a lost age strike without warning, seeking to exterminate the humans that now infest their former domains. Hundreds of worlds have fallen already, billions lie dead, and the fate of the sector hangs in the balance, but the Imperium has not been slow to react. The Space Marines of the Minotaurs Chapter and the relentless armies of the Death Korps of Krieg stand ready to defend the sector, but can even these forces hold before the nightmare that has come to Orpheus?
    Imperial Armour Volume Twelve: The Fall of Orpheus, written by Alan Bligh, is a mighty 232-page, full colour tome, packed with lavish maps, colour profiles and photographs. The horrors of the Orphean War are recounted in detail, alongside a new variant Necron army list – the Dark Harvest – which represents the tainted Maynarkh Dynasty, and full rules for new Necron units such as the Night Shroud Bomber, the Canoptek Acanthrites and the mighty Tomb Citadel.
    The book also contains a new Death Korps of Krieg army list – the Assault Brigade – updated background, units and characters for the Minotaurs Space Marine Chapter, as well as rules for numerous Warhammer 40,000 Space Marine units such as the Spartan, the Predator Infernus and the Damocles Rhino.
    Imperial Armour Volume Twelve: The Fall of Orpheus is available to pre-order now, for despatch from Friday 3rd May. Our YouTube channel contains an interview with Alan Bligh, in which he discusses the contents of the new book. We will also have copies available on our sales stands at Salute in London and AdeptiCon in Chicago.
    New Forge World Catalogue Now Available
    The 2013 Forge World catalogue is now ready to be sent out. So if you’d like a free copy, please send your name and postal address in an e-mail entitled ‘2013 Catalogue Request’ to forgeworld@gwplc.com. A pdf version of the catalogue is also available here.
    Forge World Events News
    Salute and the Horus Heresy Weekender 2013

We are still accepting reservation orders for Salute and the Horus Heresy Weekender. This is the best way to ensure we have the exact product you want, packed up and waiting for you at the event. As with all our UK shows, Salute and the Horus Heresy Weekender reservation orders are pre-paid to make the collection process quicker and easier, leaving you with more time to enjoy the rest of the event.
    Please telephone the Customer Service team on 0115 900 4995 to place a reservation order. We will require your name, a contact telephone number and e-mail address, along with the list of products you wish to reserve and for which event, and you will also need your card details to hand too. We’ll process the payment while you are on the phone, and in the week before the event you’ll receive a confirmation e-mail containing your order number. This is your proof of payment and youmust bring this e-mail with you to claim your order. We must receive Salute reservations by Monday 15th April and Horus Heresy Weekender reservations by Monday 13th May.
    Thanks,
    Ead Brown
    Customer Service Manager
    Forge World

Re: Forge World Newsletter #340

Oops to all those that bought their copies to sell on ebay and even bigger oops to those fools that bought them.

It's nice of them to say basically nothing about what the Dark Harvest list actually is, or how it differs from the standard Necron list

Quote Originally Posted by Kijamon View Post
    Oops to all those that bought their copies to sell on ebay and even bigger oops to those fools that bought them.
    Those who bought their books at Forge World Open Day: 1) had an opportunity to have them signed by Alan Bligh 2) received their books without damage which occurs 99.99% of the time when Forge world ships them. So in short, books from the Forge World Open Day do have a collector value.

99.99%? Considering I have bought about a dozen books from FW and not a single one was damaged so far (and that even outside the UK!), that means I am the one lucky guy in 1.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000 (yes, that is 24 zeroes). Nice!
    Last edited by Hendarion; 09-04-2013 at 19:10.
    Eldar - Fear The Rainbow!

My Eldar Painting Log (including Revenant/Phantom/Super Heavies) or direct gallery
    - random selection of 16 years painting Eldar

Marble Theory - a PC game made by me!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Damocles View Post
    It's nice of them to say basically nothing about what the Dark Harvest list actually is, or how it differs from the standard Necron list
    And so? They never do that.

But the name of the list sounds awesome. Add in the fact that the tomb world in question is described as tainted made me hugely excited :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Hendarion View Post
    99.99%? Considering I have bought about a dozen books from FW and not a single one was damaged so far (and that even outside the UK!), that means I am the one lucky guy in 1.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000 (yes, that is 24 zeroes). Nice!
    Same here. 12 books and counting and no damages.

Plus i bet the books sent from the ebay sellers will be just ad likely to get damaged.

I live outside of UK too and I have all books from Imperial Armour series. All are damaged from shipping in more or less severe way. All bought directly from FW.

Sounds like you have to blame your local UPS then. I would refuse a damaged package and would not sign the delivery when the UPS-man tried to hand me out such stuff.
    Eldar - Fear The Rainbow!

My Eldar Painting Log (including Revenant/Phantom/Super Heavies) or direct gallery
    - random selection of 16 years painting Eldar

Marble Theory - a PC game made by me!

Veteran Sergeant

Can anyone with the book tell me if the rules for the Tomb stalker are in IA 12

Sent from my NecronBerry 8520 using faster than light travel.

According to the picture of the 'contents' page, they're on page 116.

Quote Originally Posted by ant1clock View Post
    Can anyone with the book tell me if the rules for the Tomb stalker are in IA 12

Yes rules for both of the Tomb Stalkers are in iA12.

Veteran Sergeant

Thanks for that, the TS model was going to be the first of my FW purchases but I was concerned I'd need another IA book for the rules

Veteran Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Naulaen View Post
    I live outside of UK too and I have all books from Imperial Armour series. All are damaged from shipping in more or less severe way. All bought directly from FW.
    So do I and don't share your experience. I guess you've just been unlucky.

I did have one volume, Betrayal, turned up with the front image upside down, but otherwise all have been in a good condition. They, of course, sent a replacement copy of Betrayal straight away

Quote Originally Posted by Durfast View Post
    So do I and don't share your experience. I guess you've just been unlucky.

I did have one volume, Betrayal, turned up with the front image upside down, but otherwise all have been in a good condition. They, of course, sent a replacement copy of Betrayal straight away

You must have got the Australian edition by mistake

I just watched the Video on FW:s webpage and noticed something in it:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Necronstuff.JPG 
Views:	1202 
Size:	17.8 KB 
ID:	168464

It looks like a Tomb Stalker, but it isn't... I have a Tomb Stalker myself, and the head, tail and spine are different in it. Like this:

Name:	ts13.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	64.7 KB 
ID:	168465
    Order. Unity. Obedience.

Quote Originally Posted by Polaria View Post
    I just watched the Video on FW:s webpage and noticed something in it:

Name:	Necronstuff.JPG 
Views:	1202 
Size:	17.8 KB 
ID:	168464

It looks like a Tomb Stalker, but it isn't... I have a Tomb Stalker myself, and the head, tail and spine are different in it. Like this:

Name:	ts13.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	64.7 KB 
ID:	168465
    Yes its a new variant with rules in IA 12,

Its called the tomb sentinel and I believe its a fast attack option and the tomb stalker has moved to elites

So thats the elusive Tomb Sentinel.
    Order. Unity. Obedience.

It's a truly pathetic alternative to the Tomb Stalker. 2 attacks base unless DOC got that wrong too, otherwise the same stats/rules wise. All for this ridiculous thing:

Armed with and Exile Cannon
    Rg 12" Str X AP - Heavy 1 Blast
    The number of models hit under the template have to take a strength test or be removed no saves allowed. It is random which models are hit.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast