Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: RandomThoughts's Introduction Guide (Tactica Collection)

Re: RandomThoughts's Introduction Guide (Tactica Collection)

Quote Originally Posted by RandomThoughts View Post
    Kind words, thank you, just let me know when I start losing it, okay?
    While it is a good collection of articles (especially the first 1-10) I do feel that later articles have started to lose focus and contains more rambling and less advice.
    It's nice that you use anecdotes to back up the points you are trying to make, but the latest article (19) is pretty much all anecdotes and very little point.
    As I said, it's a great collection of articles, but at this point I think it's better if you take your time thinking about new entries instead of chugging them out in the same tempo, because they are starting to cross over heavily into what has been said earlier. I also feel that you're way past the "introduction" level, which seemed to be the goal of the first few articles.

This is in no way meant to rag on your articles (they are a great resource for new players) but hopefully some constructive criticism.
    - But I don't want to go among mad people.

- You can't help that, we're all mad here...

Warhammer Armies: Fishmen!
    Fanatical elves, a Retribution of Scyrah paint log!

Quote Originally Posted by Falkman View Post
    While it is a good collection of articles (especially the first 1-10) I do feel that later articles have started to lose focus and contains more rambling and less advice.
    It's nice that you use anecdotes to back up the points you are trying to make, but the latest article (19) is pretty much all anecdotes and very little point.
    As I said, it's a great collection of articles, but at this point I think it's better if you take your time thinking about new entries instead of chugging them out in the same tempo, because they are starting to cross over heavily into what has been said earlier. I also feel that you're way past the "introduction" level, which seemed to be the goal of the first few articles.

This is in no way meant to rag on your articles (they are a great resource for new players) but hopefully some constructive criticism.
    Thank you for the advice, you pretty much confirm what I already suspected. Yet sometimes we don't see the forest for all the trees.

I'll take a break, revisit the articles 10-19 in a while, and we'll see how it works out. Again, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing View Post
    (in Warmachine) Each model is part of a puzzle, which together makes a weapon that you use to break apart your opponent's puzzle.

My opinion is that the first bunch of episodes were a good introduction guide, and that the latter ones where quite good blog material, something I would read on a day-to-day basis as random thoughts and advices rather than as an introduction guide. Still interesting, but not to be consumed in the same way .

Angry, do you think I can salvage the whole thing by dividing the list of articles into two sections, part one the introduction guide, part two the "random thought's random musings on warmachine"? Any help appreciated.

(in Warmachine) Each model is part of a puzzle, which together makes a weapon that you use to break apart your opponent's puzzle.

Of course you can. I'll try to help tomorrow after work, but right now I need to go to sleep .

Quote Originally Posted by Angry SisterOfBattle Nerd View Post
    Of course you can. I'll try to help tomorrow after work, but right now I need to go to sleep .
    Thanks and don't sweat it. I took today off from work, but I'll mostly clean up the reminders of my big birthday party. I did get the Harbinger, 6 (out of ten) Boomhowlers (with the old MKI cards, how quaint, must have been at the store for a while...) and Lore Runewood. I guess I have to buy swordknights now... ^^

Quote Originally Posted by RandomThoughts View Post
    and Lore Runewood. I guess I have to buy swordknights now... ^^
    That guy tore me up in a game this past weekend.

Falkman, Angry, I did my best to restructure the whole series of articles in a better way. Please let me know what you think about the new order!

Regards
    Patrick

PS: Can anyone tell me how I can delete old threads, I'd really like to clean up after me, removing the mess I made!

Actually I'm not sure you need to delete them. Breaking the threads up into "Guides" and "Random thoughts" works just as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dan View Post
    Actually I'm not sure you need to delete them. Breaking the threads up into "Guides" and "Random thoughts" works just as well.
    I mean the old ones with the wrong numbers in the title. I've tried to change the titles of the treads, but that didn't work. So I ended up reposting them under the new names, and I feel it turned pretty spammy for a while. I think it'll be fine going forward, as the double and triple posts will slowly disappear in the backlog of the site, but right now the whole sub-forum is littered with my mess.

Anyway, the important thing going forward: Do you feel the current break up and the progression through the introduction guide threads works out?

Updated with a split between general tactics & gameplay and army composition.

thank you, this helped a ton!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2