Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Ka`Thokt dynasty 10,975 points and counting...

Chapter Master colonel kane trine's Avatar

The Ka`Thokt dynasty 10,975 points and counting...

Hey warseer!

I have done a few project logs before but none for my favourite army! After selling up my fantasy i dedicated my time to starting my 40k love-Necrons. I started them with a warlord and a box of warriors then after getting 3 awesome trades in a week i found myself at around 9k of them. I bought more and am now at around 11ks worth! With lots more planned!

Heres the armys rough fluff and background that i will expand as i go.

The Ka`Thokt dynasty

The ka`thokt dynasty is a offshot of the Nihilakh dynasty,not fully aligned with them but sharing the same ideals and domain.The dynasty takes refuge below the planet of Kaskad where they have remained dormant until now.
    Kaskad has changed over the millenia from a necron world to a vast expanse of nothing until humans settled upon its surface.
    Imperial explorers claimed the planet and turned its surface into a huge forgeworld pumping out weapons for the imperial guard. Smoke belches to the skies every hour of every day as mile long conveyor belts churn out tank upon tank in a huge procession of metal wheeled death.

Human slaves toil non stop making thousands of guns and ammunition to arm the imperial guards huge forces.Imperial techno scribes have begun digging below the surface of the planet to mine valuable mineral veins and ore deposits.Enormous drills gouge through the planets surface sending tremors and vbrations deep through the planet.Above the surface the imperial forgemasters are oblivious to how these vibrations are affecting the hidden threat underneath their very feet.
    Constant shaking and vibrations have begun shifting the tomb complex`s buried deep within the surface,straining the entire structures.As a result of this glitches and protocol errors are starting to form in the tombs master programmes.

Orks have begun sending small scale attacks upon the planet and although stopped so far they are slowly getting bigger in size and more frequent.A few ork roks have landed upon the planet creating a foothold for the orks upon the surface.The huge shuddering impacts of the roks hasnt done anything to help the situation among the tomb complex`s below.

A failsafe within the tomb worlds defenses has activated but in a severely glitched state due to the shifting planet disrupting the protocols.Originally the fail safe was intended to react as soon as the tomb world was attacked.A phase gate opens drawing all dormant necrons into a pocket dimension while simltaneously activating the awakening programmes.This allows the dynasty to awaken then teleport onto the planet en masse to swamp the attackers suddenly and with deadly precision. The phase gate was Raseptras crowning glory and his method of keeping his dynasty safe. Little did he know that his dynastys salvation was to become their damnation.

The failsafe has activated but the glitch has trapped the dynasty half in and half out of reality.The gate is under great pressure as the glitch keeps them half phased in and out and this has distorted reality around the entire tomb world. Reality twists and forms around the necrons shifting them from physical to barely visible,gravity warps around them and tendrils of electric spark and lash out all around them.

The failsafe has correctly awoken all the tomb worlds occupants but in this warped state and Raseptra has found himself to be the centrepoint of the glitch. The greatest distortion and glitching is located around him and he has found that he is able to flick tendrils and bolts of distortion with merely a gesture.Although wildly unpredictable he uses this new found weapon to his advantage and can find it doing anything from obliterating a landraider to merely warming up an opponent slightly!

His legions now awaken and prepare to reclaim the surface of the planet.Great clouds of distortion flicker arund his legions taking them in and out of reality for mere moments to seconds at a time. Firepower bounces off them or just goes straight through them as the advance upon the battlefield.His warriors are invigorated while flickered out of reality and this seems to make their reanimation protocols more efficient as they rise again and again in an unstoppable wave.

Vehicles of the dynasty are anohter matter entirely.The distortion around Raseptra and his legions affects his vehicles gravity thrusters on most of the necron vehicles.Wildly unpredictable and uncontrollable his vehicles are as liable to corkscrew madly at the enemy as they are to just stay still and unmoving. The only vehicles he finds unaffected by the distortion are the doom and nightscythes which can effectively fly above and cope with the bulk of the distortion.They arent totally safe however....

Raseptras legions are now arrayed in battle formations and with all vehicles practically abandoned the dynasty marches to war.Attacked from above by orks and now from below by a totally new threat the imperial defenders find themselves fighting for their lives from all sides

The war for Kaskad has begun...

To start heres Raseptra himself,supreme overlord of the Ka`Thokt dynasty.

Heres the first units of a planned 50 immortals

Destroyer lord Syldron

The half completed units syldron usually accompanies

Raseptras personal assassins

A few of the dynastys pets (i have 30 bases of these i think and 3 spyders)

the 1st monolith

The 1st awakenings (40 warriors of 140 done)

oh yeah and heres what i currently own (apart from the planned additions)
    Heres the full army list

imotekh
    zahndrekh and obyron
    szeras
    orikan
    anrakyr
    trazyn
    overlord raseptra
    2 destroyer lords

5 court lords
    5 court crypteks

8x20 warriors with 4 arks
    30 immortals

10 deatharks in scythe
    10 lychguard
    10 praetorians
    2 ctan
    4 triarch stalkers

2x6 wraiths
    30 scarab swarms
    2x5 tomb blades
    2x5 destroyers
    3 heavy destroyers

doomsday ark
    3 annihilation barges
    3 monoliths
    2 doomscythes
    3 spyders

Planned additions
    nightshroud bomber
    9 acanthrites
    pylon
    2 sentry pylons
    tesseract ark
    tomb stalker
    Last edited by colonel kane trine; 30-06-2013 at 02:15.
    <

Re: The Ka`Thokt dynasty 1,975 points and counting...

Heres what im currently working on
    5 praetorians

Ctan shard

More planned as soon as my copy of imperial armour 12 turns up!

few random whats to come pics

Last edited by colonel kane trine; 18-05-2013 at 16:03.
    <

Re: The Ka`Thokt dynasty 10,975 points and counting...

So bit of an update i have managed to get quite abit done over the past few days

Here are the finished praetorians

Im also working on these

And i got this

The dark harvest list in orpheus is great so im starting a maynarkh force and fancied abit of converting so made 10 flayed oes

I played a few games recently and have found that immortals are rubbish and deathmarks are brilliant so 10 of my immortals went to the workshop for a refit...

I now have 20 deathmarks and will be trying all 20 in a 2500 game vs tau on monday
    <

Looks massive, by the way how is IA 12?
    <

IA12 is awesome! The list isnt too far off the usual codex list except it has all the new forgeworld goodies in it. The pylons are awesome and absoloutely deadly against flyers. Theres 2 new characters and most hq units cause fear and have a weird flayer rule that you have to roll a d6 for if you win an assault or lose a morale test. If a 6 is rolled the character gets rage and fearless.If you roll a 1 he attacks his own unit in fury..

I have decided to make a maynarkh army thats around 3k and heres the humble start of it.

Heres my counts as Kutlakh until he gets a model

Kutlakh is awesome and i cant wait to use him in a battle especially with his ws removing power in challenges. His 4 attacks ws5 and instant death dont hurt either!

I also made a small start on the dynasties troops..

Next up will be me actually dividing all the models i have up into my main Nihilakh army and the Maynarkh alliance army. Im currently planning on buying nothing until my birthday in february when i plan to do a 500+ forgeworld order.
    Last edited by colonel kane trine; 26-05-2013 at 18:05.
    <

Looking massive indeed! You don't do anything on a small scale, do you I remember your Empire army as being huge, but this project might just be bigger... Nice work, keep it up! Must be nice to look forward to abig order from Forgeworld, especially with all the new Necron stuff they're releasing...
    Check out my Mordheim scenery! NOW! I mean... Please... Only if you want to of course...
    Get your ale while it's still hot! And discover why Stirland should rule The Empire...

Quote Originally Posted by minitrol View Post
    Words cannot describe how I feel about your gamers room soooo Best... Feedback... Ever!!!
    My new personal hobby blog: Toy Soldiers off to War
    <

The end of ka'thokt
    Raseptra lifted his hand up to his face and flicked his fingers. Tendrils of distortion danced infront of him before dissipating into nothing.
    Something wasnt right in his kingdom.
    Arch despairtek valross hobbled into the ornate chamber with his head bowed.
    "My eminence,great lord Raseptra we have more reports of the frenzy spreading through the dynasty. Great sire you must make a choice. Why do you keep the lost ones alive in our kingdom?"
    A loud bang echoed around the chamber as Raseptra smashed his hand into the throne armrest.
    "How dare you question me? You do not know what i have seen! Our great dynasty will prevail. Do you suggest we extinguish our own soldiers or are you questioning my rule?"
    Valruss knew he was trapped by his lords great rhetoric. Any answer was the wrong answer.
    "Oh great lord i do not question your rule but..."
    Raseptras eyes lit up in a glow of orange anger and he leapt to his feet with rage on his lips.
    His hand flicked out and tendrils of power wrapped around valross lifting him high in the air.
    Screaming with rage Raseptra tore the cryptek into pieces with merely a gesture. His dismembered body clunked to the ground.
    The words had gotten to Raseptra and he didnt want to admit it. Something was wrong in the protocol matrix. Reports of his minions rampaging and reanimating into new forms were increasing.
    Hushed whispers of blood rituals were being heard around his kingdom.
    He felt the rage building up in himself and an appetite he couldn't suppress was getting harder to resist.
    The glitch in the failsafe has condemned his dynasty and he knew it. If he had an emotion integration chip set for fear he would inititialise it now.
    The rage,the cravings,the darkness it was only the beginning...
    <

Wow! and I thought my 10k Dynasty was an epic undertaking!! I may add a few more units in time but with 7k points still to paint we have our work cut out as it is! I look forward to following a fellow Cron's progress!
    :chrome::chrome:BlazingBrushStudio Paints Necrons:chrome::chrome:
    <

thanks mate i have alot of stuff to paint but i have only bee collecting necrons a year so guess i have an excuse to only have 2k of it painted :P

I have been getting into the maynarkh dynastys story in ia12 and i love it so much.My old necron army was very aggressive and used tons upon tons of warriors and as ive been getting back into 40k my regular list is literally 60+ warriors and 3 flyers.The maynarkh dynasty is eactly how i wanted my army to be so ive kind of falen out with the nihilakh scheme.

The maynarkh scheme is this

My new scheme is this..

Im not 100% happy with the orange yet and a few areas look abit thick because its a repaint over a repaint of a repaint and im not going to strip them unless i have to. But doing the orange this way means its super easy to convert my entire army to the scheme without basically starting from scratch.

Im currently using my favourite fantasy model to count as Kutlakh the world killer

shes kind of wysiwyg with her obsidax claw and staff of light

So grand warlord raseptra of the ka'thokt dynasty bends his knee to kutlakh the world killer and fully accepts the downfall of his subjects to the flayer virus. 60 warriors of the 150 i own have already succumbed to the flayer virus and are changing form as we speak :P
    I guess the glitch in his failsafe created quite the irony..
    Last edited by colonel kane trine; 29-05-2013 at 19:53.
    <

Wow you don't make life easy on yourself do you!? Lol I look forward to seeing the fallen.... I only have 5 flayed ones.... Kept well away from the pure program's lol
    <

Bit of an update for the growing army.

I had a game against space wolves yesterday and proxied the nightshroud bomber. It was quite awesome and took down a unit of thunderwolves and the warlord on thunderwolf in 1 bomb! I did lose sadly though 11-10 but it showed me quite a few good things. Tomb blades with particle beamers are great and can take down drop pods and marines alike.
    I gave 5 destroyers and 3 heavy destroyers a try and they werent quite as good as i hoped but im going to give destroyers another go sometime.
    Next up i need to paint Zahndrekh and Obyron as i reckon they could be quite cool in my maynarkh list accompanying 20 flayers each...
    <

Tiny update on the army (all wip)

23 more scarab bases

1st annihilation barge

1st nightscythe

2 lords and 2 crypteks

1st of 3 spyders

Currently im abit sidetracked with starting eldar but im going to keep updating this plog as much as i can.
    <

The other 23 scarab swarms are finished
    Pics tomorrow

And got a battle Sunday at 1500 points and cant decide between playing pure maynarkh or not
    <

I managed to finish all 33 scarab swarms.I used 10 of them today in a battle and they were brutal,eating a tervigon in one round of combat!

I glued my 2nd box of praetorians and will hopefully use them next week

I finished a few things too

I also started to convert another pile of flayed ones for when i field my pure maynarkh army
    <

managed to finish the flayers. from warriors to fully painted flayers in a week so quite happy with them

All 40 in there bloody glory

I also started work on the following guys

u

I had a game last sunday against tyranids and wiped them out by turn 3 scarabs with shred and rending on the charge are damn brutal!
    <

Im planning on entering a local tournament soon with the following list

2 destroyer lords mss weave scythe
    2x10 warriors in scythes
    10 charnal scarabs
    2x5 wraiths 3 coils each
    2 barges
    Doomscythe

Got to get it all painted by the end of August

Also got a commission on that should net me a Tesseract vault as payment!!
    Cant wait
    <

Im planning on entering a local tournament soon with the following list

2 destroyer lords mss weave scythe
    2x10 warriors in scythes
    10 charnal scarabs
    2x5 wraiths 3 coils each
    2 barges
    Doomscythe

Got to get it all painted by the end of August

Also got a commission on that should net me a Tesseract vault as payment!!
    Cant wait
    <

Raseptra turned to the sky to survey the horizon and the newly rising sun. Smoke rose like plumes of blackness inbetween the orange glow of the sun. Next to him stood Kutlakh herself,beautiful yet deadly with an unwavering hatred of all life. She turned her head and raised her staff to the skyline.
    Raseptras gaze followed the staff to where it was pointing. 3 huge basilisk barrels could be just made out behind a building to the centre of the battlefield.
    The flayers around him began to snip claws and bound about like eager children until Kutlakhs staff whipped across the air towards them with a gesture of order. With a mix of fear and utter obedience they stood back in formation.
    Kutlakh turned to Raseptra and began to speak
    "The humans that have pursued us before have returned. Signal the advance,maybe the weakness of mercy you showed last time was ill advised. Dont make the same mistake again. For maynarkh!!"
    Raseptra's staff smashed to the ground with a clunk and a barely visible orange wave rippled outwards from it.
    12 wraiths to his left began initialising and activating kill on sight protocols.
    A buzzing noise broke the silence as thousands of metal wings began flapping in perfect unison. Annihilation barges hummed as their anti grav engines fired them into the skys.
    War was joined.

The artillery started 1st,loud whistles piercing the sky as artillery shells smashed into the rapidly advancing necrons.
    Kutlakh and Raseptra were running towards the newly visible cadian advance. A swarm of flayers closely bounding behind them.
    Syldron the destroyer lord,cleaver of eternities advanced to the left flank with all the wraiths speeding alongside him.
    Arks of orange lightning flew through the sky as the 3 barges took potshots at the now advancing chimeras blowing up one. Shaken men stumbled from the wreckage but 2 of there number were speared on debris.
    A huge carpet of black chittering death rose to the right and began swarming forwards towards the guardsmen.
    Whistles pierced the sky again as another bombardment hit. A shell exploded right in the middle of the scarabs swarms obliterating hundreds of them in a giant fireball. Seconds later another shell hit eliminating even more in the conflagration.
    Kutlakhs fury spread like a disease through the flayers as they bound ever faster towards the enemy. 0 or so guardsmen had formed a firing line and were aiming at the crazed banshee running at them.
    Another whistle broke the sky this time landing in the middle of the flayers mere feet behind Kutlakh and Raseptra.
    A vicious explosion tore the flayers apart before fire enveloped Kutlakh and her lieutenant.
    A shortlived cheer erupted from the men until the sight of 2 frenzied glowing red metal omens of death met their gaze.
    A chimera raced forward and hurriedly deployed 5 huge ogryns and a commissar.
    Syldron and his wraiths advanced with a few of their number going down due to the huge amounts of fire being aimed at them.
    The small swarms of scarabs charged the guardsmen infront of Kutlakh and began tearing away at flesh and eyes,the guardsmen hit back taking a few scarabs down to the ground.
    The newly bolstered guardsmen centre ogryns discharged their ripper guns in a deadly fusillade taking down more of syldrons wraiths.
    More orange lightning flew out from the barges taking down a few ogryns and a pile of guardsmen. Their bones blackening as the orange lightning enveloped them.
    The scarabs had managed to take down a good few guardsmen but the fight was turning against them as the guardsmen stood there ground.
    That was until Kutlakh and Raseptra charged. A stream of mites erupted from the maynarkh glyph in raseptras chest. Tiny golden insects flew towards the nearest guardsman and burrowed through his eyes.
    Moments later he pulled out a knife and plunged it through the throat of the man next to him before cutting his own throat. The golden insects flew out the gash and returned to Raseptras chest glyph. Shots rang out and began pinging of Kutlakh and raseptra causing nothing but mere annoyance. 5 or 6 men pounced on the lords hitting,stabbing and cutting at them. Kutlakh raised her staff in a gesture of challenge towards the burly leader of the men.
    He stepped forward almost laughing at the slim metal ladies challenge.
    Before he had even raised his weapon Kutlakh swung her deadly claw. The kill was so precise and quick it took a few seconds to realise what had happened. Raseptras blade arced round cleaving 3 heads away from panicked bodies.
    They turned to run from the metallic death that awaited them but Kutlakhs frenzy was too much. All were run down as cowards.
    Syldron flew towards a leman russ that had just appeared from the side of a building. He just reached it as its battlecannon fired. The unit of wraiths flying towards the ogryns took the brunt of the blast.
    Moments later syldron had cleaved the barrel in 2 and was stabbing his scythe straight through the hull.
    The remaining wraiths charged at the ogryns,whip coils flailing madly

One ogryn went down his insides speared multiple times. The ogryns began bashing away at the wraiths as furious combat erupted in the centre of the battlefield. More chimeras drove up from the right delivering reinforcements exactly where they were needed. Syldron flew forward puncturing a chimeras fuel tank as he went towards his prey.
    The light around the newly disembarked guardsmen seemed to dim and become shadow just before the shape of vicious clawed killers began to form.
    A pocket dimension had opened and more of Kutlakhs pets had joined the fun.
    A barge flew through the air before crashing into a tree with a large explosion.
    The familiar shape of the necron nightscythes appeared in the air as support finally arrived. Two of them zoomed towards the basilisks and began beaming in warriors and the techno wizards of the storm discipline.
    Orange beams shot out from his unit blowing away one of the tanks as if it was made of paper.
    The 3rd jet had a large crystalline gun mounted under it. It swivelled and fired towards the men below. An orange beam ploughed a huge furrow through the ground below. Anything in its path was cut perfectly in half be it man,tank or building.
    Guardsmen on the right flank charged at the Flayers that just appeared infront of them.
    Shouts rang out as they began to panic and the command structure breaks down. A few flayers went down under a flurry of clubbing lasguns and bayonets. In return 6 men went down as triple dagger claws disembowelled and punctured them. To add insult to this the Flayers they just clubbed to death began to get up ready to fight again.
    Kutlakh surveyed the battlefield now his hatred was quenched. The side he was on was a massacre. Dismembered bodied and burning tanks littered the field.
    To the centre the last 2 ogryns were bravely fighting the remaining wraiths. Multiple wounds could be seen all over the ogryns body. The commissar fired his pistol just as a spiked tail pierced straight through his torso before flinging his torn body to the ground. A rain of claws finished off the remaining 2.
    On the right flank syldron was cleaving through tanks and men alike as one loyal wraith followed his every move. The flayers were diving on the back of the running guardsmen. Claws pierced and stabbed frenziedly as bloodlust took them over.
    All but one guardsman was killed. The Flayers pushed the victim towards Kutlakh and Raseptra like cats playing with a rat.
    Raseptra recognised the last remaining guardsmen. It was the leader he had given mercy to last battle.
    "I give you mercy and all you do is show that your race deserves none. You should be thanking us for eternity for giving you the chance to be slaves of the maynarkh dynasty!"
    The bloodied guardsman spat a gobbet of blood at the ground in defiance.
    "I wont make the same mistake again consider our offer of life as slaves withdrawn. You have brought about your own oblivion and gained a most powerful enemy"
    Raseptras scythe tore into the mans stomach slowly but surely killing him.
    "Just be grateful that you have escaped seeing your races extermination. You should be thankful of that"
    The flayers leapt on the man tearing and biting at him as Raseptra turned away.
    Kutlakh spoke "i am proven right i presume? Mercy is something they dont deserve"
    Raseptra flung his cloak over his shoulder then spoke
    "Eliminate on sight. The true war of maynarkh has begun.awaken all remaining tombs upload eliminate on sight protocols to the entire tomb world"
    Kutlakh flexed her claw.
    "Il take that as a yes then..."
    Last edited by colonel kane trine; 12-07-2013 at 00:18.
    <

Been abit busy with a new deathguard army but my necrons havent been forgotten!
    Expect to see
    Apocalypse infinite phalanx (130+ warriors)
    Apocalypse acquisition phalanx (30 lychguard and trazyn)
    Tesseract vault
    Forgeworld pylon
    Forgeworld nightscythe
    17 more scarab swarms ( 50 total now)
    More wraiths

Got alot to be getting on with but watch this space...
    <

Tiny (huge stuff) update

with the release of apocalypse i thought screw it ill finally get the forgeworld stuff ive always wanted starting with a nightshroud and a pylon.

that thing is huge

thats not a tiny flyer either!

Currently im trying to get my tournament army done for the end of the month then ill start my pylon and these chaps will get friends
    <

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast