Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Iyanden - A Codex: Eldar Supplement

Re: Iyanden - A Codex: Eldar Supplement

Preview and video up on he GW blog, physical and limited edition physical version confirmed.
    In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only British.
    Actual (alleged) girl. Alpha Female.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jes Goodwin
    They breed more anyway, its a pretty rough place, Commoragh, there's a lot of it going off.

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Preview and video up on he GW blog, physical and limited edition physical version confirmed.
    It says you can take a wraithknight as a warlord too, so there's definitely some force org shunting going on...

Quote Originally Posted by GW Blog
    Codex: Iyanden also features a host of new rules which, when combined with the army list in Codex: Eldar, allow you to create a dedicated Iyanden-themed collection. Using the rules in Codex Iyanden allows you, for example, to take a Wraithknight as your Warlord. If that's not a fearsome prospect for your opponents to face then I don't know what is. There are also Iyanden-specific Warlord traits and the option to take a council of Spiritseers, plus three new battle missions and five scenarios to fight with your army. There are even stratagems for Cities of Death and Planetstrike for you to use on an unsuspecting enemy.

"First in a series of codex supplements"

YES PLEASE! You Eldar players get out there and buy the hell out of this thing so I can get more things.

Also, the warlord traits, some new weapon upgrades and some modifications to the codex was shown, doesn't mean a lot to me.

Flicking through the video on pause seems to say You can make a Wraithlord or Wraithknight your warlord, even if they are not in the HQ slot, and take upto 5 Spirit Seers as a HQ slot instead of one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Col. Tartleton View Post
    But they aren't a Chapter of Marines so much as a fraternity of the most murderous lycanthropic savages in the galaxy...

Yes indeed. Iyanden allies with WK HQ will be fun. There is some beautiful art in the teaser video, including a picture of Iyanna Arienal which is gorgeous. Hoping they include rules for her.
    They breed more anyway, its a pretty rough place, Commoragh, there's a lot of it going off.

Is this some sort of elaborate joke? You'll have to buy both this and the codex in order to run Iyanden armies? The digital version of this costs the equivalent of 30 GBP. In Sweden you'd be shelling out 68 or 69 GBP just for the rules if you want to run an Iyanden army.
    Plog of Jericho - Wood Elves, Daemons, Beastmen, CSM and Whatnot.

MD: You got a christmas gift?
    House: Yeah, 'cause I worship Santa. Or wait, is that Satan? I always get them mixed up.

No you can run Iyanden armies perfectly well with the regular codex with a spiritseer. This just gives extra options, hence the term supplement. 32 pages of background for Iyanden is worth the price for me alone, that's almost as much as we get for the entire Eldar race in the regular codex.

Quote Originally Posted by Bold_or_Stupid View Post
    Flicking through the video on pause seems to say You can make a Wraithlord or Wraithknight your warlord, even if they are not in the HQ slot, and take upto 5 Spirit Seers as a HQ slot instead of one.
    It also changes the primaris psychic power for Spiritseers from the Runes of Battle list. Getting Voice of Twilight instead.
    Warhammer 40K: Tau, Eldar, Dark Eldar
    Warmachine: Convergence of Cyriss
    Hordes: Circle Orboros
    Malifaux: Ten Thunders
    Relic Knights (coming soon!): Cerci Speed Circuit, Doctrine

No you can run Iyanden armies perfectly well with the regular codex with a spiritseer. This just gives extra options, hence the term supplement. 32 pages of background for Iyanden is worth the price for me alone, that's almost as much as we get for the entire Eldar race in the regular codex.
    Oh, that's fine then. I understand that you're happy, but it's 32 pages they should've stuffed in the codex instead.
    Plog of Jericho - Wood Elves, Daemons, Beastmen, CSM and Whatnot.

MD: You got a christmas gift?
    House: Yeah, 'cause I worship Santa. Or wait, is that Satan? I always get them mixed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Satan View Post
    Oh, that's fine then. I understand that you're happy, but it's 32 pages they should've stuffed in the codex instead.
    Why? It's already the largest eldar codex since 2nd edition and 30% larger than the previous one. It was never going to be any larger and if it were it would have been more expensive which would have sparked even more nerdrage.

Quote Originally Posted by Satan View Post
    Ah yea? And then another 32 for Ulthwé, another 32 for Biel-Tan, for Saim-Hann and for Alaitoc? No, seriously. Just no.
    Eldar - Fear The Rainbow!

My Eldar Painting Log (including Revenant/Phantom/Super Heavies) or direct gallery
    - random selection of 16 years painting Eldar

Marble Theory - a PC game made by me!

Why? It's already the largest eldar codex since 2nd edition and 30% larger than the previous one. It was never going to be any larger and if it were it would have been more expensive which would have sparked even more nerdrage.
    Not to forget all the other craftworld people moaning about Iyanden getting all the love.

If this brings about codex black templars, codex white scars, codex flesh tearers, etc etc then I am all for it. Someone let me know asap if there's any special characters in there, that'd be simply too good to be true.

Quote Originally Posted by Hendarion View Post
    Ah yea? And then another 32 for Ulthwé, another 32 for Biel-Tan, for Saim-Hann and for Alaitoc? No, seriously. Just no.
    Exactly, it says explicitly this is the first in a series of supplements which could well mean we will see the other main craftworlds get supplements. There is no way they could cram it all in one book. Don't want to pay the money, fine, you don't have to. But arguing the contents should have been in the main book is absurd.

And know what? I'll even pay the money for the Limited Edition book, although it offers nothing special except the look and being limited.
    Eldar - Fear The Rainbow!

My Eldar Painting Log (including Revenant/Phantom/Super Heavies) or direct gallery
    - random selection of 16 years painting Eldar

Marble Theory - a PC game made by me!

As this is stated as the beginning of a series of supplements, it makes me very excited for what chaos could get! Similarly, I'd be very surprised if Black Templars don't end up getting their codex in this form when space marines get redone.

Agreed. I'm not an eldar player but I am considering getting this, as it'll be a focussed read on the fluff of a certain craftworld, and I want to encourage these kind of supplements. There's no obligation to run iyanden using this - the eldar codex would be fine.
    'Oh Roboute, I can always rely on you to sound like a giant pompous a*******. Come and get me. - Lorgar Aurelian p.199, Know No Fear.

Information from the video - it's all on the public domain so legally fair game? Mods, let me know if this is breaking any rules, but I've only typed up what's in the video for all to see.

---

Wargear:

Celestial Lance - 35pts

This crystal lance was once borne by Drastanta, Tempest of Starlight and Phoenix Lord of the Shining Spears. Alas, Drastanta was ever over-proud and much given to needless lone battles. Drastanta came late to Asurmen's final stand and found his mentor already fallen before the foul might of the Keeper of Secrets N'kari. Keening with rage and sorrow, Drastanta slew the Daemon, the energies of the lance shattering the creature's vile spirit. Drastanta emerged from the fires of Asure where his mentor had not, but he soon vanished into the tumult of the war-torn galaxy. In the centuries since his final recorded battle, the Celestial Lance has passed from shrine to shrine and craftworld to craftworld, the better to keep alive the tales...

The Wraithforge Stone - 30pts

This was once the waystone of the long dead Bonesinger Ivaril Brightshard. It was Ivaril who aided Mehlendri Silversoul in adapting the infinity circuit into a soul reservoir, and Iyanden has never known a more skilled shaper than he. Ivaril's soul has long since departed into the infinity circuit, but legend tells that the echo of it remains in the Wraithforge Stone and allows its bearer to manipulate wraithbone into new forms just as Ivavril once did.

During each of your Movement phases, nominate a single Wraithlord or Wraithknight within 6" of the bearer and roll a D6. On a roll of a 1 or 2 nothing happens. On a...

Warlords - When choosing an Iyanden army, you can choose one Wraithlord or Wraithknight to be your Warlord, even though it is not an HQ choice.

Shadow Council - Iyanden army may take up to 5 Spirit Seers as a single HQ choice, rather than 1.

Gifts of Asuryan - Any character in your army that may select Remants of Glory, may instead select from Gifts of Asuryan presented opposite, as the points cost shown. A character cannot choose items from both lists. Note the Wraithforge Stone and Guardian Helm of Xallathon do not replace a weapon.

Spiritseer Psychic Powers - Any Iyanden Spiritseer that generates his psychic powers from the Runes of Battle discipline treats Voice of Twilight (see below) as their Primaris Power, rather than Conceal/Reveal

Warlord Traits - An Iyanden Warlord may roll on the Warlord Traits table presented here, instead of those in the Warhammer 40,000 rulebook or Codex: Eldar.

1 A Hero For Ages Past and Future - This is a soul of peerless lineage, its every deed a redoubled echo of forebears long dead.

Roll a D3; the Warlord can make this many re-rolls over the course of the game. These re-rolls can be used for To Hit rolls, To Wound rolls, Armour Penetration rolls and saving throws.

Commander

Personally before I make any decisions I'd like to make sure that the quality of the background writing is acceptable.

32 pages sounds sweet, but with Ward I am extremely carefull when it comes to fluff.

As long as he takes more from old editions - Avatar's furious charge against Tyranids for example - and old White Dwarf articles I'll be happy.
    The main strenght of those supplements is supposed to be the background section, otherwise such books will not be so successful as they should be.
    I'm personally waiting for the Ulthwe supplement, so let's hope the Iyanden book will not fail the expectations.

Chapter Master

Quote Originally Posted by TheDungen View Post
    maybee they get to take wraithlords as hq and the wraithlord farseer from apocalypse?
    They have the rules for a Wraithseer in Imperial Armour 11 (though it would be nice if the Eldar list from IA11 were updated for the new codex - you'd think Wriathseers would be able to have their powers affect Wraithblades and Wraithlords too, not just Wraithguard and Wraithlords). I imagine that GW didn't want to step on Forge World's toes by including the Wraithseer in the Eldar Codex, and the same reasoning would apply to not putting it in Codex: Iyanden (if it were included there and not the main codex, there would probably be even more wailing and gnashing of teeth than there is now).

Quote Originally Posted by Kijamon View Post
    Not to forget all the other craftworld people moaning about Iyanden getting all the love.

If this brings about codex black templars, codex white scars, codex flesh tearers, etc etc then I am all for it. Someone let me know asap if there's any special characters in there, that'd be simply too good to be true.
    This might be part of GW's idea for accelerated codex releases - get some of the main ones out of the way, then put out different chapters/craftworlds/other variant army types. They could drop these codexes at a faster pace. It might also let them cycle in some of the other factions that had been rolled over into main codexes or just dropped - not just things like Codex Black Templar or Craftworld Saim-Hann, but things like an Ork Kult of Speed book, or the different Guard factions, a Harlequin codex, Genestealer cults and so on. I would imagine that it wouldn't require as much playtesting for just a few rules tweaks than it does for a major codex update, so that would help with doing these on an advanced schedule.

This is awesome. I don't play Iyanden Eldar, but I am going to buy this book just so they make money and keep doing this. This is what they should have been doing from the beginning. Codex for the basic rules, then supplements for Chaos Legions, Space Marine Chapters, Different Divisions of Guard, Different Kabals of Dark Eldar, Etc. The only thing is they should tone it down a little with the extra missions and stuff so it could be cheaper. If it was 30 instead of 50 I think people would buy the crap out of supplements.

PLEASE Eldar players, buy this up like candy. If there is anything I have hoped to succeed its these kinds of supplements! As a Chaos player, I BEG YOU to make this successful so we can finally get a Legion based supplement.
    Some men, just want to watch the world burn.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast