Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Modular Gaming Board Construction Log - Sci-Fi Industrial Necromunda - Inc. Timelapse

Re: Modular Gaming Board Construction Log - Sci-Fi Industrial Necromunda - Inc. Timel

@ mrtn - Cheers, stick around there should be more to come!

@ matelloco - Not sure about that but I am happy you like it!

Right well work continues but a little slower than I had hoped because I am waiting on my order of styrene to carry on with the other sections. In the mean time I have continued work on the first section with a little detailing, still more to go but it at least looks a little more dirty and underhive-y now:

Also even though it is not in the plan to get them done by the party I thought I would try out one of the buildings. It is just one of those laser cut wood jobs from fleebay that I detailed up a little bit. Still needs shading and detailing but they should work out pretty well:

For your convenience:The spikedog all-in-wonder-log! 40K, Fantasy, Necromunda, Scenery, its all there!

The Attic Gaming Club Podcast - Just in case you wanted to hear me chat rubbish with other gamers...

Chaplain

Re: Modular Gaming Board Construction Log - Sci-Fi Industrial Necromunda - Inc. Timel

This is awesomeness.

@Lateksimajava - Thank you very much

Well progress has slowed because I am still waiting on my order of styrene to carry on with the other boards however I was able to continue detailing the one I have close to finished:

Also I started work on a second structure:

Nothing special but slowly making progress.
    For your convenience:The spikedog all-in-wonder-log! 40K, Fantasy, Necromunda, Scenery, its all there!

The Attic Gaming Club Podcast - Just in case you wanted to hear me chat rubbish with other gamers...

Well, I know one thing! If I ever get the opportunity to play Necromunda and want an awesome board to play it on, this is the place I am heading to for inspiration. ps. brilliant idea for the piping, to use plasticard tubes. Can you please tell me why I didn't think of that myself?

TELL ME!!
    The Tabletop Showcase - A new forum dedicated solely to Project Logs and Showcases - Join us now!

The Daniel36 Chronicles - My Project Log
    My Warseer Heroes : JuicyTomatoes - Emperor Norton - Harry - Lord Dan - Ramius4 - Naitsabes - Little Joe - Boreas_NL
    (in no particular order)

Chapter Master

Wow man, this is amazing, keep it up!

Best of luck in getting time to work on it.

ZP
    Zombie P's Imaginative PLog of Stuff, and Things - Updated 30.4.16
    Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n Facebeard View Post
    "Sighs, farts, and leaves : the Malorne story"

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Malorne View Post
    An uplifting tale of discovering oneself while overcoming grave peril and class stereotyping in a hostile world.

Veteran Sergeant

Nice Nice ! Moorrreeeeee

Just discovered this. Consider me subscribed!

Veteran Sergeant

the small posters lying arround are coming from yaktribe ? Or you have some other source ?

Chapter Master Garanaul the Black's Avatar
    In the not too distant future, next Sunday A.D.....

Brilliant work! I especially like your sparing use of the Pegasus Chemical Plant kit, skillfully executed without being overbearing.

Keep it coming!
    We saved Mystery Science Theater 3000! Season 11 is on Netflix NOW!

SEASON 12 WAS CONFIRMED AT THE VERY END OF THE TURKEY DAY MARATHON! *swoon*

It's on Random: A mostly CSM PLOG

Those structures need more rivets and such if you want them to truly fit with the rest of the table.
    Bits Blitz - the place to be for all your bits needs!

Space ship design project

Troll Forged Miniatures

Sciror

@Daniel36 - I was the first person ever to do this so that is why you didn't think of it, I am also the most humble person ON EARTH /sarcasm :P

@Zombie P - Thanks! Although now it is not time I need but the bloody styrene I order two weeks ago!!

@matelloco - With pleasure!

@Alex_H - Cheers, glad you like it!

@matelloco - All over the place to be honest, some came from YT, others from here. I just searched the mighty google for "Warhammer scale posters" I think it was.

@Garanaul the Black - Thanks to be honest though I was planning to use it a little bit more but I only have the one set and can't find any others for sale...

@malika - Yea they have more but it doesn't really come over in the pictures. The wood parts have them cut into the texture and the beams I have added have them on. I may chuck a few more around though. Thanks for the observation!

Well work has almost ground to a halt now as I am still waiting for my styrene angles to do the edging, I have progressed as far as I can with the board now until they arrive:

So I started working on another building:

All together:

Well, well, well.
    It is not just the execution .... which is impressive .... it is the vision. Blown away,
    I had read the thread and was about to post before I even spotted it was you.
    Yours was one of the first threads to inspire me and you continue to do so.
    Last edited by Harry; 26-01-2015 at 21:37.
    Founding father of J.A.D.E.D. Jerks Against Directors Extraordinary Decisions.
    My Project Log "This week I have mostly been painting ...."
    My other log of Vintage stuff: "A Blast from the Past"
    You might also like: "'Ere be Giants"

Very impressive board, look forward to seeing it progress.

The building with the hole in the centre reminds me of the old card stock buildings that came with the Necromunda outlanders expansion, nice nod to the past while vastly improving the look with all the detail.

I was thinking of using the Necromunda bulkheads as the walls of a canal in a city fight board I'm planning, how many did you use for your board? I have a lot, but looking at your board maybe not enough!

Keep up the great work...inspiring

Veteran Sergeant

Oh god, brilliant !

I love your gaming table. I wish I could do the same for my local gaming club, but, I need to do something easier to tidy. Still please continue your work, it is awsome.

Those buildings are wargametournaments ones ?

Great looking board, one question tho... how modular do you intend it to be?

Ohh and another question, how big are the sections? 1' x 1'?

looking at the number of bulkhead tiles he's used on the straight trench, and knowing the sizes of the Necro tiles, I'd say those board sections are most likely 2' x 2'

This is brilliant, Necromunda is next on my list so this is great inspiration. I'd love to be able to do something like this but not sure I could store it.

Anyway, great job

@Harry - Always very kind with your words. Your threads far eclipse anything I am doing or have done in the past but I am happy I may have led, even in part to your awesome figures.

@Elaith - Thanks! I think the buildings are very much inspired by those original buildings. I wanted the board to feel like an upgraded Necromunda set so if that is what you saw when you looked at it then mission accomplished! As for the bulkheads, I think I mentioned it earlier in the thread but the ones I have used have all been cast myself from moulds I made of the originals. I think there are about 100ish on there so using the originals would be extremely expensive. While I do have about 50 of them this was a better (cheaper) way.

@matelloco - Yes indeed they are the wargaming tournament ones, I ordered a few more recently but should now have enough to cover the board. I also have some Warmill stuff and a couple of bits from other, smaller makers. While I am not going to say they are easy to store it might be easier than you think. They have nothing that sticks up over the edge of the metal surround so they can all stack on top of each other.

@Samuran - Well I'm not sure how much more modular they can be! Each piece can be rotated or fit in most ways. I have another four of these wood boxes that I was planning on using to make a mordheim board as well but I may make more Necromunda ones, not sure yet. Oh and they are 2'x2' each.

@elaric - Bing bong! Correct.

@Struggle Within - Thank you, I am lucky to have a converted attic all to myself.

Well my styrene angles arrived! and I had ordered the wrong size.... so I am now waiting for another order....

In the mean time I carried on working on the buildings and am getting close to finishing the basic set. I have two buildings complete:

and I built up another two you guys haven't seen yet:

I also worked on some walkways:

All together the set currently looks like this:

Next up on the list will be some of the very excellent Warmill Street Wars terrain, starting with the Foodbooth:

It looks quite bright now but the plan is to dirty it up a lot so it will certainly have more colour than your regular Necromunda scenery but not so much that it stands out too much.

this tread is epic onso many levels! wonderful work!

I have been looking at that same terrain set myself and it's great to see one painted.
    The additions you made really add to it.

It looks great and captures the necromunda theme.

Awesome!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast