Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cult of Golden Tears

Cult of Golden Tears

An escalation league has kicked off which Slaanesh and I are tackling hand-in-claw. I'm not competitive or anything but I want this event to be the motivator to build and paint and entire army. *I'm one of those guys who starts and never finishes a project...there are a few of us out there

The force I am going to bring to bear will consist of Chaos Marines and Daemons, namely Noise Marines and Daemonettes with some back up. This will be an Emperor's Children war-host roaming the galaxy and putting "laughter" into Slaughter.

What I am hoping to go for in terms of looks comes from this piece of art. What we have is a 'fading/blemished" purple, a lot of black, and some gold. I want this faded purple to look sickly compared to the rich purple the Emperor's Children once had. This reflects something along the lines that they are dead inside (not the Nurgle-y kind), so numb from their new lifestyle of decadence.

This is the start of my painting attempts:

This is the purple I am going for...minus the highlight. I am also thinking blue eyes will look good on these marines instead of green.

I am also hoping to add something along the lines of Slaaneshi and Dark Eldar/Elves to give them a more alien appearance. This is a minor conversion but one that I like very much:

A nice blade gifted by a Daemon of Slaanesh to a Palatine Blade? Maybe?

Last but not least, meet Posidious the Blase:

This is my Huron Bladkheart count-as. I'm happy with the guy except the smoke stacks on the back back. I glued them to the back pack and let it dry before I tried to GS it together (to make it look like the armor was growing over the base of them) and I think the glue softened the hell out of the resin. I don't know but the resin broke as I started to put on the GS. It was weird.

I have a champ to build and the first 500pts to paint...so I need to get busy on that! Thanks for taking a look!

Chaplain

Re: Cult of Golden Tears

pretty cool so far. If you can get that blue highlite from the painted guy that would look awesome.

That's a really nice start you've made, I'm looking forward to seeing what's next

I noticed you've done some work on the bases, will this be a running theme for the whole army, or is that just to make certain models stand out a bit?

@Dark Magos Gillam: I'm hoping they'll look good with that purple, a flashy highlight, and with very little metallic paint.

@system-syn: Only fancy marines will get corpses on the bases . I have two noise champs to build and they may get similar bases.

My hope with Posidious is to make a display akin to Forge Worlds' Loken v. Abaddon. I am starting up an Eldar Corsair army and made a Dream Weaver (Farseer) using the new plastic one. I want those two in a showdown among Eldar ruins and dotted with the broken bodies of corsairs and traitor astartes. A big dream that may take a few years

It's been a few days so time to dust this off a bit

This last Saturday was the end of the first tier of our escalation league and I I missed the painting deadline. I'm working on catching up while starting to build the next 500pts. I'm just trying to keep myself busy.

A few weeks ago I got this guy built up, my recent Noise Champion:

This build is from Steve Bowerman's Night Lords shown in Octobers White Dwarf magazine. I stole it... the champ's pose was too irresistible for me. Also, if you are wondering why he has an Eldar Power sword that's being drummed up in the fluff I am making.

The Golden Tears have long ago grown bored with the Long War itself. It is difficult for such souls to remain focused on such grand tasks when so many temptations beckon them. Among such diversions are their hunts of the Eldar. To them, Eldar provided a rare delicacy of slaves who experience everything at heightened senses...which the Emperor's Children enjoy oh so much.

In their somewhat recent past the Golden Tears, in their entirety, learned of and stalked an Eldar Craftworld. With little time and great glee they struck. I do not want to go into detail yet an spoil the fun but what the Golden Tears left behind was pain and misery for the now doomed craftworld. The survivors, mostly females with their wraith forces (whose spirit stones are those of the many males who died fighting the Golden Tears), now roam the galaxy as corsair waiting to exact their revenge. They are led by the Dream Weaver (Farseer) Talia.

So this is one part of their background that ties in the future Eldar force I will be building up with my Emperor's Children. I am also thinking of a way to add an Inquisitor and his/her warband into this mix. One other project that will be growing will be the Carnival of Chaos, mortal worshipers and practitioners.

The Cult are the Astartes, the sword and shield of Slaanesh that take to the battlefield. The Carnival are the mortals, the hidden dagger and honeyed words of betrayal and temptation. It poses as an illusive Carnival/circus troupe that wanders the Imperium putting on grand shows, succulent banquets, and tempting souls with all manners of desires and pervesions. I really want to make this force happen. This will be a female force of dancers armed with blades led by a yet to be named Ring Master (think Moxxi...but evil). I just have to find female/feminine parts to build up this group.

Lastly, I am starting to build the next 500pts of my force. I already have Posidious (Count-As Huron) ready to go and started building my obliterators. This is one of two:

I hate finecast...but at least it is easier to chop up. I have this guy in a striding pose instead of his "teabaggin' ya" pose. There was a tutorial I saw on B&C long ago about upright/standing obliterators and I tried to copy it best I could.

Well, that's it for now folks! Going to do some more painting before getting much needed sleep. Thanks for stopping by!

I love to read all the big plans youve got and how the stories are connected. A good story is what my army is missing...

I like the repose of the oblit. Makes it look a bit more aggressive Id say.

Noise champ looks pretty awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Doi View Post
    Knowing MOMUS I would guess something dirty and/or depraved.
    Or conning you into making a giant-sized Slann.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Inquisitor View Post
    That was pretty epic, MOMUS.

So, it's been awhile BUT I'm finally getting back on the 40k saddle.

A quick recap involves the Escalation League I was in died a few months back and along with a few other diversion my attention wandered elsewhere. Recently though I have built an Eldar Corsair army (with whom my Emperor's Children leer at across the shelf) and starting up a Drop Pod Astral Claws army (trying to revive another army I once started on). I also tried a 5 Slaaneshi Daemon Prince army too but did not like it. The army was more of a book-keeping simulator when trying to keep track of spells and rewards. With another rush of interest I had to get back to the boys. Thanks to the thread Making Noise Marines Scream by another hobbyist, Bonzi on the B&C, I found the basis to restart the Emperor's Children.

HQ:
    Lord
    -Mark of Slaanesh
    -Aura of Dark Glory
    -Power Sword
    -Bike

Troops:
    Noise Marines
    -10 Astartes squad
    -Add 9 CCW
    -Icon of Excess
    *I've taken to calling these guys the Dancers because they are going to have to rely on fancy footwork when running across the battlefield without a transport.

Noise Marines
    -Blast Master

Noise Marines
    -Blast Masters

Noise Marines
    -Blast Masters

Fast Attack
    Bikers
    -5 Bikes
    -Swap 2 TL Boltguns for 2 Melta guns
    -Mark of Nurgle
    *Cannot attach to the Lord but he wouldn't want to ride with them anyways. They're too icky. The Lord just uses them as a rot shield when applicable.

Raptors
    -Flamer *"Cook it before you eat it" is their motto.
    -Mark of Khorne

Heavy Suppor
    Obliterators
    -2 Daemon/Man/Bear/Pig team
    -Mark of Nurgle

Obliterators
    -2 Daemon/Man/Bear/Pig team
    -Mark of Nurgle

Forgefiend
    *Because I have one and I am going to get my moneys worth out of him.

A fun List with a Bit of bite...and almost every Chaos God mark out there too. :whistling:

During my latest game my Raptor Champ rolled 65 on the boom table (Renamed because it actually brought the BOOM for a change). Twas awesome but it was also the first time I didn't bother to bring a daemon prince to swap out. Because of my mistake the guy shown below missed out on a fight!

Chapter Master Inquisitor Engel's Avatar

Nice move with the Noise Champion. I like the use of different blades, implying his skill and arrogance.

Thanks Inquisitor Engel! The champs have been my favorite thing of this army.

Speaking of which I tried to get to work on another one.

I came across a drawn pic of Sevatar while randomly browsing the web and liked his chainsword-halbred and wanted to try and make one. Above is the result.
    I like it but I'm not sold on it. I am going to have to try again later.

Any chance we can get a picture of the back of the farseer? Thanks.

A Noise Champ appeared.

Put this lil fella together awhile ago.

Quote Originally Posted by duffybear1988 View Post
    Any chance we can get a picture of the back of the farseer? Thanks.
    Yep Yep!

I didn't noticed this mini needed more fixing up until after I took this pic.

Any recommendation for a clay shaper? I want to make the cloak look like it is attached to the back pack and could use some pointers.

Also, there was a hated foe with a similar pose glaring outside the frame of the previous pic. What followed was an epic duel.... of THUMB WARS 40K!

Before first blood was drawn...

A double post but I have some updates.

I haven't been digging my paint scheme as of late. I have my fluffy reasons for running with it but I disliked how it didn't pop when on the battlefield. Well, I met a fellow hobbyist at my LGS with great painting skills who was willing to show me a thing or two. The marine on the right is a test bed for new painting techniques which I need to practice more.

I'll admit that I am lovin' the classic Purple and Gold combo.

Here are a few guys I tried making for my CCW Noise Marine Squad that will accompany my lord in his rockin' Storm Eagle (on my to-buy list). I want a squad of marines armed with CCW of varying types. They will strike first, strike hard, no mercy! 14 of them will assault with my lord to bring 43 or so attacks upon an unlucky enemy unit (that is, after a doom siren and burning brand kill a few things).

The guy in the back with the possessed head might not make the band though...

Well, I've got a few things to build. As stated some Noise Marines and some Heavy Weapons teams in lieu of getting more Obliterators.

Thanks for taking a peep!

Commander

The head of the guy with the lightning claw...where is it from?

Purple and gold scheme - huge step up! It will really do justice to your awesome conversions. Looking forward to more paint!

Cheers,
    BTB

Loving the new colour scheme, but I think you should still keep the silver helpmate’s, they just look too cool!

Quote Originally Posted by horacus View Post
    The head of the guy with the lightning claw...where is it from?
    I'm also curious about that models head, it looks really nice. Did you convert it, or is from an actual kit?

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by system-syn View Post
    Loving the new colour scheme, but I think you should still keep the silver helpmate’s, they just look too cool!

I'm also curious about that models head, it looks really nice. Did you convert it, or is from an actual kit?
    Looks like the respirator head from the new Tactical Squad kit.

Looking very nice. I love the look you've got from mixing these kits
    :: The Spear of Light ::
    :: Eldar in Sixth ::
    :: Burn With Me ::
    :: The Pyre : Orange Chaos ::

Thanks everybody for the kind words.

The helmet with the respirator is from the new space marine tactical box. That head is one of my new faves. I like to thinks smoke exhales from it after the Noise Marine puffs out the residue of some hallucinogen.

As for the silver, I'm going to keep that for swordsman similar to the Palatine Blades. I think I'll paint their helms and the entire arms and shoulder pad of their primary blade arm.

Thanks again everybody!

Quote Originally Posted by Hushrong View Post
    Thanks everybody for the kind words.

The helmet with the respirator is from the new space marine tactical box. That head is one of my new faves. I like to thinks smoke exhales from it after the Noise Marine puffs out the residue of some hallucinogen.
    Thanks, I've gone and bought one for my army now!

Banned

Wow really nice stuff, simple scheme as well which is very important!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast