Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Inqu][sitor

Re: Inqu][sitor

Quote Originally Posted by Nasha View Post
    Yeah that sounds more feasible bud.
    My ordo xenos inquisitor has a kroot in his aresanal...although Kraoknar doesnt see any action since he was shot in the head by a witch hunting puritan uaing a bolt pistol...shame too as he was pretty handy in a scrap
    So wait a sec - an Ordo Xenos Inquisitor using a xenos? Obviously a Radical... I could switch this guy into my planned Ordo Xenos retinue instead maybe
    - the other idea that has come up is a servo-skull attached to him that controls his behavior but still allows him to operate effectively...

Yeah that sounds more feasible bud.
    My ordo xenos inquisitor has a kroot in his aresanal...although Kraoknar doesnt see any action since he was shot in the head by a witch hunting puritan uaing a bolt pistol...shame too as he was pretty handy in a scrap
    - Sounds like a nasty fight... will he ever recover?

Kroot basically blue-tacked into final positions.

Elbows resting on his chest-rig, relaxed but alert...

Large grey pouch to be replaced with a holstered IG pistol (waiting on bits...)

Space Wolf knife makes a good machete, will add extra GS strap underneath sheath, over shoulder and under chest-rig... and also fill in gap where left arm meets the body...

... and remove mould-line on underside of sheath.

Hunting for a target...

Cheers!

Very nice build. Works very well with the extra armour and more imperial pouches/ trophies. The SW knife is perfect. Aquilla grip, more feral scabbard.

The pose is cool too.

Quote Originally Posted by Hadriel Caine View Post
    Very nice build. Works very well with the extra armour and more imperial pouches/ trophies. The SW knife is perfect. Aquilla grip, more feral scabbard.

The pose is cool too.
    Hadriel Cane- Thanks!

So, the Kroot is now finished (no pics yet) awaiting paint and fluff... Fluff which is quickly getting out of control as the story of this Puritan-turned-Radical Ordo Malleus Inquisitor and his retinue are taking on a life of their own...

Chapter Master

Kroots lookin good mate
    As to mine...no i doubt he ever will tbh as we dont play inquisitor anymore...im trying to get my local group into it though.

And as for the ordos xenos using an actual.xenos...davlire freeds philosophy (thats the ordos xenos inq) is use xenos to fight xenos...he carries a slightly modified eldar shuriken pistol as a side arm and used to use a kroot war glaive as his combat weapon...until he had a run in with the afored mentioned witch hunter...qho promptly snapped te glaive in half with his power fist...although he did get shot in the nuts for his troubles haha

Kroots lookin good mate...
    Nasha - Thanks... and a very entertaining battle report!

Well, I officially detest Finecast - got hold of an Eldar ranger model - the cool one standing with his weapon across his waist, and proceeded with a complicated conversion to turn him into a her... but the quality of the cast was truly awful, and every time I touched the FC something fell off or a new bubble-hole appeared or the bit I just shaved off thinking it was a mold line turned out to be a detail bit... gak! So - fail... and back to plastic I go!

On a good note, the Inquisitor has received an undercoat and a name - the Brimstone Inquisitor Hugues de Ardens - more of his (increasingly complicated) story (and PIP pics) anon...

Some (admittedly not very exciting) PIPs:

Tallarn Flesh then Liche Purple on the face:

Tin Bitz base layer for the (to be bronze) armour:

Tan Brown pastel pre-shading on the (to be cream) cloak:

Cheers!

More (apparently unremarkable) PIPs:
    - Flesh layers on the face:

- Metallic base coats on arms:

- Gold Rub N Buff layer over Tin Bitz, desperately in need of a black oil wash to bring it back from gold and push out the details:

- Silver on the icons - wondering if a bright red is needed around the icons (front and back) instead of the bronze...
    - Still very PIP on the cloak, just a primer coat black/white and then the brown pastels into the drapery folds. I'll be adding a cream layer over the ridges, then probably brown oil wash:

this is looking very promising and will have to vote for the kroot's rifle to be down (but it looks like you've settled on that). What is 'rub n buff'? the cloak looks very promising I've struggled with cream myself as I always get it to look like dirty white rather than clean cream so I'm looking forward to picking up some tips.
    A sure cure for seasickness is to sit under a tree - Spike Milligan

Looking for folks who fancy playing necromunda in Walsall area. Drop me a PM if interested
    Necromunda Plog http://www.warseer.com/forums/showth...munda-goodness

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Aly View Post
    this is looking very promising and will have to vote for the kroot's rifle to be down (but it looks like you've settled on that). What is 'rub n buff'? the cloak looks very promising I've struggled with cream myself as I always get it to look like dirty white rather than clean cream so I'm looking forward to picking up some tips.
    Dark Aly - Thanks!
    - Rub N Buff is a metallic wax, you get it in tubes or tubs from craft shops, when you apply it you can polish sections of it to get highlight... sort of. To be honest, I'm still on the fence as to whether I like the effect on the armour here or not.

PIPs from last night:

So - Cream cloak=fail...
    No, it was truly awful, so I switched to red, which looks pretty good - it's deeper red and less purple than in these pics (after a second go at it this afternoon)

The tabard... awful too - Went all experimental and tried purple - which looked ok at this stage.. until (after these pics were taken) I over-worked it and now it's a dark horrible mess...
    So I used isopropyl alcohol to clean the purple back to a lighter horrible mess which I can hopefully re-do tonight...

O the joys of miniature painting...
    Last edited by Lamby; 13-07-2013 at 02:19.

shame about the cream- my attempts looked terrible too. that red is nice though and I like the effect on the armour too, I'll have to look out for that for when I get round to painting my empire knights.

Looking for folks who fancy playing necromunda in Walsall area. Drop me a PM if interested

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Aly View Post
    shame about the cream- my attempts looked terrible too. that red is nice though and I like the effect on the armour too, I'll have to look out for that for when I get round to painting my empire knights.
    Dark Aly - thanks!
    On with the show...

The Brimstone Inquisitor Hugues de Ardens:

The Brimstone Inquisitor Hugues de Ardens of the Ordo Malleus is pic-captured here in his bronzed plate-armour, wielding both his melta-pistol Infernus and the Relic-axe Sinslayer, just prior to the commencement of the final assault on the Cult of Skvorax.

The derogative name Brimstone was bestowed upon him early in his career thanks to his propensity for loudly preaching 'fire and brimstone' testaments as he rained furious vengeance upon his foes. Aware of the power of symbology, de Ardens adopted the name as a title, and often refers to himself on the third person as "Old Brimstone". It is also a reference to his use of his melta-pistol Infernus.

The Relic-axe Sinslayer is an ‘untouchable’ weapon that blunts psychic energy, and is thus a perfect match for de Ardens, who possess no psychic ability - a rareness for a Malleus Inquisitor - beyond an iron faith and force of will. Throughout most of his two hundred and three year career he had been an extrovert proponent of the Monodominants, having personally called down the cleansing fire of Exterminatus on thirteen worlds. However, twenty-five years ago - in the aftermath of the Xolomon Deviance, where ninety-nine Grey Knights of the one hundred and one of his strike force were killed by the daemonhost army of Quarrus Xolomon - de Ardens concluded that his strict adherence to Puritan methodology had contributed to the terrible loss, and perhaps if he had followed the more radical strategy of Inquisitor Kallatar, the victory over Xolomon may have been less hollow.

Practical and pragmatic, de Ardens has always been unconcerned by what others think of him, and while he may still despise mutants and aliens, he retains his puritanical faith but on his own terms, rather than those presented by the Monodominants, and he is now known to employ at least one Sanctioned xenos within his retinue.

Probably 97% complete - basing still required (obviously), not entirely happy with the tabard - done for now, moving on...

That's one damn fine lookin' Inquisitor you got there, Lamby, gratz.
    Yeah, we flew our space church across 500 light years to get to this planet taken over by the orks. Now we're going to drop from orbit in buckets and run out and shoot pistols and hit people in the head with chainsaws. Ultramarines!

I really like that kroot sniper. The more I think about it, the more I want one of these xenos mercenaries myself. Off to the BitzBox!

Your inquisitor also looks very good! Nice, smooth painting and a cool conversion.

Cheers,
    Monsterzonk :skull:

Quote Originally Posted by ashc View Post
    That's one damn fine lookin' Inquisitor you got there, Lamby, gratz.
    Ashc - Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterzonk View Post
    I really like that kroot sniper. The more I think about it, the more I want one of these xenos mercenaries myself. Off to the BitzBox!

Your inquisitor also looks very good! Nice, smooth painting and a cool conversion.

Cheers,
    Monsterzonk - Thanks! - I am moving on to painting the Kroot next, he was destined to be a lone soul in the retinue, but just between you, me and the Internet, I have a second one on the Bitz table... Modified of course!

Moving on...
    WIP - The Prosecutor

This pile of bits:

Turned into this:

Yes, it's the mandatory Inquisitor Nurgle Lord conversion...

I am liking that gun design!
    Yeah, we flew our space church across 500 light years to get to this planet taken over by the orks. Now we're going to drop from orbit in buckets and run out and shoot pistols and hit people in the head with chainsaws. Ultramarines!

Quote Originally Posted by Lamby View Post
    Monsterzonk - Thanks! - I am moving on to painting the Kroot next, he was destined to be a lone soul in the retinue, but just between you, me and the Internet, I have a second one on the Bitz table... Modified of course!
    Don't worry, your secret will be safe with me!

I really like that Nurgle Champion conversion so far. As ashc has said, the gun design looks awesome!

Cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by ashc View Post
    I am liking that gun design!
    ashc - Thanks - me too... mostly (see below.)

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterzonk View Post
    Don't worry, your secret will be safe with me!

I really like that Nurgle Champion conversion so far. As ashc has said, the gun design looks awesome!

Cheers,
    Monsterzonk - Thanks!

So, another evening of bits-mashing brings us to this:

or possibly:

There will be cables running from the power-plant device on his back to the weapon that will insert into the drum section alongside the wood, where it currently looks a little odd.
    And the missing arm will be gripping another cable that will also run to the gun.

Problems:
    Is the pose ok?
    Is gun simply too ma-hoosive up top?
    Which head?

Fixes:
    I could remove the drum half of the weapon and build something a little slimmer?
    Or I could bring the weapon down across the belly, supported on an Aliens smart-gun like rig?

In regards to the heads:
    Fill in the 3 holes and just make the helm smooth?
    Remove the hair from the 3-lens head and replace with cable-dreads?

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Lamby; 18-07-2013 at 07:37.

I like the three lens head myself and the cable dreds will look great when he has the other cables in place too.

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast