Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Inqu][sitor

Re: Inqu][sitor

The three-lens head is very cool, would be a good look for a Necromunda bounty hunter.

The big gun is an interesting design (where did you get the drum bit from?), but the stock just looks too long and weedy for it. Have you considered giving it a more conventional stock or even integrating it onto his arm? An Aliens-style smart-gun rig sounds great, but would probably be an immense faff to build.

The inquisitor looks cracking, by the way :chrome:

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Aly View Post
    I like the three lens head myself and the cable dreds will look great when he has the other cables in place too.
    Dark Aly - Thanks for the input!
    - I've decided that head is going to go on another model - there's so much skin on the Nurglii already and I like the look of the small head.
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxSigmund View Post
    The three-lens head is very cool, would be a good look for a Necromunda bounty hunter.
    The big gun is an interesting design (where did you get the drum bit from?), but the stock just looks too long and weedy for it. Have you considered giving it a more conventional stock or even integrating it onto his arm? An Aliens-style smart-gun rig sounds great, but would probably be an immense faff to build.
    The inquisitor looks cracking, by the way :chrome:
    MaxSigmund - Thanks for the input!
    - Reference the head, yes - and that's where it will (at a later stage) go... just not on the Prosecutor.
    - The drum bit is from an Ork killa-kan gun-arm - those orky walkers have great big gun bits!
    - Definitely considered bringing the drum closer to the fist, which will lower the centre of gravity - I'm going to do some mods and post pics later
    - I'm keeping the gun-on-hip pose, across the belly is too GW conventional, especially from right to left (I think GW think left-handers are all Chaos
    - And concerning the Inquisitor - Thanks!

So, narrowed it down to 3:

1 - 3 Eyes:

2 - Mono-optic:

3 - Tri-optics:

Recommendations?

Inquisitor Hugues looks fantastic and this Nurgle-y fella is already looking top notch.

My vote for the helmet is pic 1 with the three eye-holes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hushrong View Post
    Inquisitor Hugues looks fantastic and this Nurgle-y fella is already looking top notch.

My vote for the helmet is pic 1 with the three eye-holes.
    Hushrong - Thanks! - 3-eyes is coming in 2nd place in the voting atm

Quote Originally Posted by cpl_hicks View Post
    I vote for pic two - mono
    cpl_hicks - Thanks - Mono-optic is now 1st place in the voting on 3 forums!

Some small progress:
    Front strap of the chest rig, pistol in place - and belly wound filled in:

Back strap for the chest-rig - the gun strap (as suggested by Jeff Vader over at Ammobunker) will join to this - and note the additional mask-strap on the back of the head - going to stud this, I think:

Gun mod - removed the rail that was going to be part of a servo-arm rig, replaced it with a hand-grip:

So, here's the strap for the weapon in place:

Still haven't worked out a way to actually connect the strap to the shoulder/back strap:

Is this working?

My other idea is to have an under-slung strap hanging from the weapon and an exo-skeleton-type support mechanism running from the spine mount, across the back of the shoulder and down the arm... Elysium exo-suit style.

Triple post - tough crowd at Warseer...

More WIPs:
    - Mono-optic done - looking good, I reckon...
    - front cable and left arm in place, some extra 'power-nodes' on the armour (just seeing what they look like...)

Some possible mods:
    - Name-plate on armour pad instead of power-nodes (it's an old Black Templar brass-etch - I could flip it over, but I like the ambiguity of the random word):

- Right arm mod 1 - strap only, imagine another cable exiting the spine-module and inserting into the right forearm as the support-rig:

- Right arm mod 2 - strap and exo-skeleton arm - imagine a small diameter cable exiting the spine-module and connecting to the exo-arm:

I'm glad I saw a pick with the cable I as a bit worried about his gut shape. I would go with the eco arm, it adds something different to the model

I'm glad I saw a pick with the cable I as a bit worried about his gut shape. I would go with the eco arm, it adds something different to the model
    Cpl_hicks - Thanks
    - so on another forum we (collectively, not the Royal 'We') have decided the belly and cable isn't working, but the exo-arm is...

So here's my list of things to do:
    - Cut cable and make connector plugs - see how that looks, like he's about to plug the cable back into the gun...
    - GS in the belly
    - Find something to cover the Nurgle symbol
    - Add fine cable to exo-arm (and watch Elysium when it comes out!)
    - Add something to the back of the model under the spine-mount - it looks a little empty perhaps?

I'm hoping to get some of this done before Friday, as after that I'm away for 3 weeks cruising the deserts of Arizona and Utah...
    Cheers!

I like the belly cable , the only thing I would do would be to tighten up the cable between the belly and the backpack, at the moment it seems to loose to pull into his belly, but if it was shorter/tighter it look better

I like the belly cable , the only thing I would do would be to tighten up the cable between the belly and the backpack, at the moment it seems to loose to pull into his belly, but if it was shorter/tighter it look better
    Thanks for commenting - I was starting to think Warseer hated me
    So I tried shortening/tightening the cable (also suggested on another forum) but it doesn't look right to me... so - 'smiley' tum filled in, test of purity seals - yes/no?

The seals look nice and more appropriate.
    Yeah, we flew our space church across 500 light years to get to this planet taken over by the orks. Now we're going to drop from orbit in buckets and run out and shoot pistols and hit people in the head with chainsaws. Ultramarines!

Quote Originally Posted by ashc View Post
    The seals look nice and more appropriate.
    ashc - Thanks!

WIP work list:
    - Cut the cable and made a connector-plug (not yet detailed) at the gun and in his hand - hopefully this looks like he has yet to plug in...
    - Cut the tails off those ugly purity seals and glued some straighter/shorter ones on - two looks best, tried 3, too busy...
    - Readjusted the cable from the hand to the spine-mount so it hangs more - though it looks like the Dragonforge cable has split (near the hand), so I may end up making a GS cable...
    (Note the strap has dropped off the shoulder - it will be fixed in place back up on top of the shoulder soon...)

He is looking really imposing, excellent work. I'm glad you went for the mono head and the right exoskeleton arm is brilliant. I wasn't too sure on the cable in the gut but it looks great now. I wouldn't add too much under the spine mount except maybe some pouches or grenades, but I am confident you will come up with something. Now time to practice my own greenstuff skills.

Sorry I've not posted for a while but I haven't been on warseer, too busy converting some Cawdor gangers.

EDIT: the cable looks really cool, it looks as though it is the coolant system for such a mighty gun.
    Last edited by Dark Aly; 26-07-2013 at 08:45.
    A sure cure for seasickness is to sit under a tree - Spike Milligan

Looking for folks who fancy playing necromunda in Walsall area. Drop me a PM if interested
    Necromunda Plog http://www.warseer.com/forums/showth...munda-goodness

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Aly View Post
    He is looking really imposing, excellent work. I'm glad you went for the mono head and the right exoskeleton arm is brilliant. I wasn't too sure on the cable in the gut but it looks great now. I wouldn't add too much under the spine mount except maybe some pouches or grenades, but I am confident you will come up with something. Now time to practice my own greenstuff skills.

Sorry I've not posted for a while but I haven't been on warseer, too busy converting some Cawdor gangers.

EDIT: the cable looks really cool, it looks as though it is the coolant system for such a mighty gun.
    Dark Ally - Thanks for the comments and the input.
    - I've done the front (see below) and decided to add some vents to the spine mount and maybe a knife somewhere on the rear - there's plenty going on already at the back

Ok, Nurglii discs covered, front detail complete - the shield thingy is another Black Templars brass etch piece cut down a little, glued over the shaved down Nurglii discs, and an attempt to recreate the cloth hanging under his belly with GS.

- the brass bit might be a good place for some freehand... maybe an ][...

Done, moving on...

Unfortunately, this will be my last WIP for approx 3 weeks, off on holidays.

Cheers all!

Anyway...

I should be sleeping (have to get up in 5 hours to go see the Crossfit Games) but... here's a WIP of a side-line character that's kind of grown organically without much thought - he's where my excess GS from the Nurglii has been going, mainly as sculpting practice piece... I think he's some kind of Eclessiarchy Redeemer or Chaplain or... I don't know, I had the arms lying around from the High Elf Dragon (I think), the head from a DA Terminator, chopped up body from a Cultist - whacked him together a few weeks back - not sure where he fits into the story, maybe just an NPC...

Trying my hand at GS hold-making...

Been at the Crossfit Games all weekend, came home and had 5 minutes to pop this first mold attempt open... no time to try it out, off again in the morning.

Cheers!

I hope this works out for you, it will save you a lot on bits!

I really like the cultist/priest by the way, or Cawdor/Redemptionist ganger!
    Yeah, we flew our space church across 500 light years to get to this planet taken over by the orks. Now we're going to drop from orbit in buckets and run out and shoot pistols and hit people in the head with chainsaws. Ultramarines!

Quote Originally Posted by ashc View Post
    I hope this works out for you, it will save you a lot on bits!
    I really like the cultist/priest by the way, or Cawdor/Redemptionist ganger!
    ashc - that's what I'm hoping... though I think I might have to invest in that blue goo stuff, the GS doesn't really get into the detail...

I'm thinking of the priest dude holding an Aquila on a staff, though a different forum user has suggested a flaming torch... I have the torch bit from the Corpse Cart, I might try that.

Of course, I'm still on holidays away from home, so it will be a week or two before I get to any of this.

Thanks for looking!

Cheers!
    Last edited by Lamby; 07-08-2013 at 05:59.

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast