Thread: Arduhn carves out a barony in Commorragh

Arduhn carves out a barony in Commorragh

So after a blitz of assembling in order to get ready for a game last night, I am up to 1850+ assembled. Here is a look at the army, and a work in progress of my Baron Sathonyx conversion.

I am notoriously bad for keeping these plogs updated, and I tend to paint slowly, so please don't get your hopes up. I will do my best though.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	deldar1.jpg 
Views:	269 
Size:	266.5 KB 
ID:	173042

Name:	the baron.jpg 
Views:	244 
Size:	331.6 KB 
ID:	173043

You may notice that the army is in various stages of paint, primer, etc. I traded to get this army, so the majority of the painting was done by my friend, who had the army first. I have done up a test model, which I will post pictures of soon. Then you can see what colour scheme I will be using.

For the Baron, I plan to add bones to the inside of the cloak, and cut off the top of the cloak, and sculpt some fur on there, similar to the look of the Archon.
    Bitz used are: 1 complete hellion, rudder pieces from a raider - cut to fit, dark elf cold one knight head, pistol arm from wyches (I think), cloak from high elf mage from starter set.

Feel free to ask questions, or give me suggestions. I can post the army list if anyone wants...?

The game yesterday was against an all foot Eldar list. I did fairly well, although sadly the Baron and his unit of 14 hellions were pinned turn 1, and wiped out turn 2. This is only my 2nd game of 40k since probably 4th edition, so I'm still learning. After that bad first turn, I managed to dominate most of the game, and it was a draw in the end. I was playing the former owner of the army too, haha.

Anyway, hope you like my stuff, and I'll try to update with some painted stuff soon.
    Long Live Leitdorf!

Also, I have some Samurai

And some late war Germans for Flames of War

And Dark Eldar

Re: Arduhn carves out a barony in Commorragh

Perfect little army you've got to start, got the heavy supports, got the troops, just perfect, I'm guessing you already asked people for advice or you're a smart guy.

I'd add some bigger scythes on the baron board, add a skeleton in his back and conversion is good to me, though maybe some long hair too . ahaha asking a lot, but it's not that hard to make a Baron like in the artwork you know.
    Dark Moon Kabal

The biggest Dark Eldar Kabal ever! Don't hesitate to take a look.

My Eldar Facebook Page, feel free to join. All Eldar factions allowed!

I'll post some better pictures when I get home, but the Baron's board is already substantially larger. Thanks, I'm glad you like my army. Since the picture is blurry, I will post what's in there. As you suspected, I did have some help making the list, but it's also all the stuff I really like. It doesn't have jetbikes, which is a shame, but I have other potential lists which do include bikes. Anyway, here's the list:

Baron Sathonyx
    14 Hellions with Helliarch (pistol and power lance)
    8 Incubi in a Raider (shock prow)
    10 Wyches (2 shardnet and impalers, haywire grenades) with a Hecatrix (venom blade) in a Raider
    5 Wyches (haywire grenades) in a Venom (cannon upgrade)
    10 Warriors (splinter cannon and blaster) in a Raider
    5 Warriors (blaster) in a Venom (cannon upgrade)
    5 Scourges (2 haywire blasters)
    5 Scourges (2 haywire blasters)
    Ravager
    Ravager (3 disintigrators)
    Razorwing (flickerfield)
    Long Live Leitdorf!

And Dark Eldar

Here is a picture so you can see how much bigger the Baron's skyboard is.

Name:	baron comparison.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	157.4 KB 
ID:	173166
    Long Live Leitdorf!

And Dark Eldar