Thread: Going Green - 15mm Orcs

Going Green - 15mm Orcs

I've always loved orcs of all kinds: fantasy, space, big, small - anything goes so long as they are green! I recently downloaded an old album I used to listen to as a kid (Status Quo - courtesy of my dad!). This is besides the point, however, it conjured up lots of memories of when I painted the old GW orcs and used to pour over back issues of White Dwarf. Orcs had so much character in those days!

Anyway, partly inspired by this, and just generally on the lookout for a new project, I picked up some 15mm Demonworld orcs from Ral Partha Europe. These for me really capture that nostalgic essence of my old school orcs, so I have set to work!

Warriors with swords and shields

Wolf riders with spears

Spearmen

Standard bearer

Ok...so not green, but still love the model - an ogre!

I'm currently writing a skirmish game for these guys, so I'd love any thoughts on rules as well as models.
    For more info and bigger pics/workbench check out: www.scaleneutral.blogspot.co.uk

Re: Going Green - 15mm Orcs

I love these! Such characterful minis. Are they based on coins? The wolves are cute how do these minis compare size wise with GW figures. Obviously smaller but they're so cleanly painted- impressive!

Very cool! I'm definitely a 28mm fantasy guy myself, but there are some very nice 6,10,15, and 20mm minis about.

Do you have more to do?
    Quote Originally Posted by Litcheur View Post
    Note to 40k players : switching to historicals will get you laid.
    \m/ Metalheads of WarSeer \m/ <- click

Please visit my random project log!

@Hadriel - Thanks! Having put one of the sword orcs and ogre up to a 40k Ork boy, here is a pic to show size diff. Infantry are on 1p coins whilst cavalry and ogre are on 2p coins!

Yep, I have more to do! Here are a few of the things on my to do list.

Some bigger, meaner orcs

Archers

A giant scorpion!

Also have a shaman and a few models from other races.
    Last edited by Artoris; 21-07-2013 at 22:21.

Looking good. I got a bunch of Demonworld Orcs myself, I have based them for Hordes of the Things.

The models look great themselves, I just wish they had a few more poses for the rank n file.
    My Custom Warhammer Army Book. WHFB Stygian - Last updated. 04.05.2014.

Currently painting neglected Rohan for LotR.

Yeh, the variety is a little limited but it works well enough for skirmish. I'd love to see how you've done your Orcs StygianBeach, a friend of mine is ranking some fantasy up!

Quote Originally Posted by Artoris View Post
    Yeh, the variety is a little limited but it works well enough for skirmish. I'd love to see how you've done your Orcs StygianBeach, a friend of mine is ranking some fantasy up!
    Sadly none of my Orcs are complete, just have base colours of Green, Blue, and Yellow. They still need a wash and highlights. I will post one up after its done though.
    My Custom Warhammer Army Book. WHFB Stygian - Last updated. 04.05.2014.

Currently painting neglected Rohan for LotR.

Very nice work for 15mm figures!!!

Subscribed

A quick update, I've given 4 of my RPE Savage Orcs a lick of paint! I wanted these guys to look a bit more of an elite feel so gave them a few lashings of gold and differentiated the shields by adding stripes. Not sure how I feel about how they turned out but on balance I'm pleased.

And so you should be! Very nice work. Great to see 15mm fantasy getting some love here. It's a very under-rated scale for fantasy battles.

R.