Page 33 of 101 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 83 ... LastLast

Thread: New Lizardmen Rumours

Veteran Sergeant

Re: New Lizardmen Rumours

I don't really follow GW's release schedule, so are pre-orders and such meant to be up at midnight saturday (ie 40m from now) or midnight sunday?

Quote Originally Posted by Spiney Norman View Post
    The same reason we go out every night pinky, its the old ones plan init bruv!

Pretty much. They are really being hyped as being the true opponents of Chaos, which I think was a pretty cool twist to their background and I'm glad that they are playing it up more. There's also a really nice peice of artwork with Lizardmen fighting Warriors in a ruined temple.

Quote Originally Posted by The bearded one View Post
    They also at times go out to protect an important nexus of the geomantic web. You don't even need to build special terrain to represent the nexus, it could simply be a general 'area' where various lines of the web intersect.
    I think that in most cases a "general area where various lines of the web intersect" is called a temple city at least on the map in the 7E book there is only one point of intersection that does not contain a temple city or monument of some other kind, and that is just south of Xahutec.

There were some excellent articles on the Gw site in days gone by for making Lizardmen themed terrain, I'm pretty sure I have the print outs somewhere. I remember making some jungle patches and a spawning pool from the arcane ruins base.

Do they still sell those metal Lizardmen glyph plates and the old plastic Saurus shields, they we great for decorating terrain.
    Last edited by Spiney Norman; 26-07-2013 at 22:28.
    Proud Owner of Warhammer Armies: Lizardmen Ltd Edition no. 0865

Quote Originally Posted by Muad'Dib View Post
    'Cinematic' is an..euphemism* for "made so because teenagers enjoy it" or "dumbed down for teenagers".

Yup http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/ca...atGameStyle=wh

Speaking of Lizardmen terrain, does anybody know of any good retaliers for Lizardmen themed scenery, bases, movement trays and flying bases? Obviously there's base-x-of-war but they don't have any flying bases/unit fillers for Lizardmen as of yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
    Yup http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/ca...atGameStyle=wh

Speaking of Lizardmen terrain, does anybody know of any good retaliers for Lizardmen themed scenery, bases, movement trays and flying bases? Obviously there's base-x-of-war but they don't have any flying bases/unit fillers for Lizardmen as of yet.
    Wow, I'd not seen those old blood shields before, though they pretty much just look like metal versions of the plastic TG shields.
    Proud Owner of Warhammer Armies: Lizardmen Ltd Edition no. 0865

Quote Originally Posted by Muad'Dib View Post
    'Cinematic' is an..euphemism* for "made so because teenagers enjoy it" or "dumbed down for teenagers".

Woo-hoo! 01:00 where I am at, and I am downloading the WD on my ipad.
    My hood is my castle...

And up go the pre-orders...!

Chapter Master

Quote Originally Posted by Niezck View Post
    I don't really follow GW's release schedule, so are pre-orders and such meant to be up at midnight saturday (ie 40m from now) or midnight sunday?
    Usually some time friday to early saturday. They haven't been all that consistent lately, beyond those two days (which is always a little annoying since the ipad version is listed as 'up for preorder now' and usually isn't for 5 or 6 hours.

Edit: But they're up now.

And I really like the colour scheme for the 360 carnosaur. Simple, but effective.
    Last edited by Voss; 26-07-2013 at 23:21.
    Science achieved! And now... more science!

Prodding robed midgets with pointy sticks in the Rock.

Gor-Rok is still a little iffy, but I love that shield. Definitely capable of stopping a puny elf chariot.
    Repent! For tomorrow you die!
    [Placeholder for Lizardmen quote]
    ++Nothing else is of consequence.++ Dreadnought up. 16/09/12
    Loveless-The bit about Asmodai going "Laughter? Okay, no talking - one year." is pretty much "win" in my book. Now I know that his model is pointing and shouting "Shut the ---- up!" at his target - right before unleashing a barrage of hatred-filled concussive blows. Ah, warms my heart.

Gor-Rok won for me. That might be my first FC purchase. Overall a very nice release, with one exception. The Bastiladon just gets worse the better the pics are. No Pokemon for me...

That Limited edition hardback is pricey, but really nice... :/

I couldn't help but think "Exodite Fire Prism" when I saw the Bastiladon. Those new models looks AWESOME though.
    Nemesis Doom Thumb - Castigator
    Eldar Runes of Cheating - Cheeslord

A single candle that shows the way... RIP Brimstone.

I'm painting some Eldar again!
    Models bought in 2013: 77; painted in 2013: 54

Veteran Sergeant

I like how we now have less core than e had before, in theory if not in practice. Seems to go against the trend a bit...

some really cool looking stuff. i like the bastiladon.

the armys theyve put together are really expensive tho!

I have to say, Kroq-Gar has probably the most badass Saurus crest i've ever seen, absolutely love how fierce he looks along with the new Carnosaur. Only thing I have to say though.. where the heck is the Troglodon's eyes..? It can't be the little heavily sunken in, eyeless looking holes just behind it's "Horns"? That thing must be basically blind and heavily stricken with tunnel vision if so.. lucky for it that Oracles ride it then.

Prodding robed midgets with pointy sticks in the Rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Gen.RifulasDykes View Post
    I have to say, Kroq-Gar has probably the most badass Saurus crest i've ever seen, absolutely love how fierce he looks along with the new Carnosaur. Only thing I have to say though.. where the heck is the Troglodon's eyes..? It can't be the little heavily sunken in, eyeless looking holes just behind it's "Horns"? That thing must be basically blind and heavily stricken with tunnel vision if so.. lucky for it that Oracles ride it then.
    I think it is blind. Perhaps some kind of cave dwelling beast. The trog in it's name suggests it.
    Repent! For tomorrow you die!
    [Placeholder for Lizardmen quote]
    ++Nothing else is of consequence.++ Dreadnought up. 16/09/12
    Loveless-The bit about Asmodai going "Laughter? Okay, no talking - one year." is pretty much "win" in my book. Now I know that his model is pointing and shouting "Shut the ---- up!" at his target - right before unleashing a barrage of hatred-filled concussive blows. Ah, warms my heart.

Sigh, and as expected we don't learn anything more from the descriptions than we already know.

Librarian

The Bastilodon is awful. As with the Tzeentch flaming chariot is a real victim of the production process. The shell is far to geometrical and uniform in shape. Could probably make it look ok with some greenstuff work, but for 35 I would expect a lot better.

The rest is ok. The Carnosaur looks good, maybe the gob is a bit too small, but so long as I pretend not to see the price it looks ok.

The rest is so so.

GW did a good job of taking pictures of the older models.

The Terradon riders have bolas made of flaming screaming leeches is hilarious and awesome at the same time!

Page 33 of 101 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 83 ... LastLast