Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ModernKiwi's Lizardmen

ModernKiwi's Lizardmen

Since all the cool kids are doing Lizardmen (or will be when the new book arrives), I thought I'd get a headstart and post mine. I'm gradually working my way through a couple of battalion boxes plus a couple of Stegadons and some Terradons. I've gone green with my Lizardmen as I've never seen a blue lizard in my life, but have seen plenty of green and brown ones...

Fluffy stuff, not really worked out yet, but this will be the army of Lord Kon Tiki, ruler of the city of Pou-Nam-o or The City of Jade - so named for the most common building material. Most of my Saurus Warriors etc I've tried to make the blades/armour look as though they're made of jade.

Anyway, less text, more pictures.

Skinks

Most of my bases have been given a couple of layers of water effects to make them look moist...

Saurus Warriors

Re: ModernKiwi's Lizardmen

More Saurus Warriors

Chameleon Skinks

I tried to paint these to look like they had tiger stripe cammo...

Cold One Cavalry

A Salamander

And Lord Kon-Tiki himself on the Jade Throne

Chapter Master Commodus Leitdorf's Avatar

Awesome Lizardmen! I Love the colour scheme!
    "The Breaking of the Averholme" -- League of the Lion (Empire - Retired)
    Commodus Leitdorf Paints all the Things!
    Warhammer Montreal

Thanks for the comment!

Temple Guard

I have another 10 of these awaiting assembly and painting. Plenty of bodyguards for Lord Kon-Tiki

Stegadon

WIP, haven't even begun the crew yet...

And a skink priest

I guess he'll act as scroll caddy for Lord Kon-Tiki

Great stuff here, Kiwi Nice colors, and the bases are great as well! Looking forward to see whats next
    My Ogre Marvel Heroes (Upd. Jul.28.15) , My O&Gs(Upd Aug.02.15), My Dwarfs,(Upd 3.26.16) My 40k plog () (Upd 3.26.16) , Paint-off , MichaelJames vs. Localicious
    Minies bought/painted-ratio 2014 - 149/70 .. am I the only one failing that ratio big time ? :P

The mighty Saurus Hero Na'te Ka-Ha

Naturally with the photo close ups I can now see several areas needing extra attention...

So I'll tidy him up while I work on the 10 Templeguard on my desk at the moment...

I've finished more Lizardmen. Well except for the bases, but I've run out of putty to fill the gaping holes that they leave in standard slotabases.

My spear Saurus warriors are up to 30 now.

And my Temple Guard are up to 20.

Here they are protecting the boss Slann....

Im confused why I havent seen this log! Im liking the colour scheme for these fella. (Very camo!)

I have 10 temple guard that I wont ever really be using some painting my scheme but I have an alternate model now for my temple guard so have no need for them. PM me if they sound appealing!

You got any of the new beasties yet?

Thanks for the comments. No new beasties yet, not even the new book as money is a bit on the tight side but I hope to purchase at least some of the flyers next payday.

PM sent about the Temple Guard. What are you doing as a TG substitute?

Also, can anyone suggest for me a good 1500-ish point mix vs Skaven?
    Last edited by ModernKiwi; 28-08-2013 at 06:02.

I hate it when I see a great army with a great scheme, makes me want it.

Great looking army

ps. there is nothing that can beat the rat-kin (but I played against some a few days ago and the ripterdactyl things are annoying as hell!)
    "Skaven society is a tyranny moderated by assassination"

My Rats!!
    Warlock Ratik's Army

Finished off a unit of 25 Lizardmen Saurus warriors with hand weapon and shield. This is the last of my Saurus warriors, so I now have two large blocks of them (30 spear-lizards and 25 with hand weapons).

Not sure what to work on next. I could try to finish the two Stegadons, or wait for some of the new fliers to turn up, or I have a dozen or so Skinks that I have no idea what to do with...

Looks glorious! A nice unique take on the stone and ornaments!
    Currently Focusing on: Armageddon Steel Legion
    If you have IG/AM tanks for Sale let me know!

Thanks. I saw the jade scheme in an old WD (perhaps the "Conquest of the New World" era) and decided to copy it.

Just picked up a cheap set of 4 of the old metal Terradons which gives me a total of six of them. So I guess I can run them as two units of three or the like and go around annoying war machines. Anyone know how vulnerable they are to Skaven ratling guns as I'm guessing that's what my opponent will use to counter them...

I finally got to take the Lizardmen out for a battle against the vile Skaven. And totally trousered the squeaky little b**tards in 3 turns plus some mopping up.

Only took a few pictures just before I crushed the verminous horde...

Here we can see the Temple Guard crushing his 30 strong unit of Storm Vermin (the vermin movement tray has been put to one side as the hill was very steep).

Near the front of the picture are some Saurus warriors who ended up going in completely the wrong direction (but would have been flank hitting in a turn or two if they were needed).

And on the edge of the river a Salamander and handlers are giving a unit of clan rats all the fight they want and more. It took his warlord to intervene to take down the salamander who didn't one get to flame anything.

Here you can see his Rat Ogres failing to charge into the flanks of the Temple Guard. Needed a 6, rolled 2 and 2.

And here the warp lightning canon continues to lose wounds to the chameleon skinks in the river. The skinks were my lizards of the match. One unit of blowpipe skirmishers destroyed a unit of slaves in close combat! And the chameleons were annoying.

Great looking army! Any chance of you adding to it? I'd love to see your take on some of the new models

All I can say is, out of all the Lizardmen armies I've seen, this one is probably my favourite! Love the colour scheme, and I'm going to steal your idea of using layers of water effect to make things look moist!

Can't wait to see what you add to these guys!
    Currently Painting: Judge Dredd Starter Set Minis
    Currently Playing: Destiny
    Currently Listening: Primus - Pork Soda

I AM THE LAW! - Judge Dredd miniatures game PLog (Updated: 15/09/2014)

Haven't done any painting this month at all. Just haven't felt inspired.

I really need to finish my Steggies and Terradon's, but I just need to get back into the swing of things.

No new models yet either - funds are tight at the moment and I need to make some Fimir for our WFRPG game...

OK, updates time.

I did another 10 Temple Guard which brings me up to 30 of them - perhaps a little excessive but they were going cheap 2nd hand so I grabbed while the grabbing was good. And 30 Temple Guard certainly puts a certain look on your opponents face when you plonk them down on the table.

And then I finally got around to finishing my first Stegadon - well the crew anyway, the Steggie himself had been finished since July but I had been lacking that sense of urgency to finish it up until now.

And with that finished, I've now assembled my second one. This one will get the giant blowpipes I think as they look rather cool.

The lands of the nether, where the dutch roam free in the fields of Holland

This is looking like it's underway nicely I like the colourscheme, and the jade ornaments and the way you do your gold work very well alongside it. I think some portions still need a bit of tidying up though, but you shouldn't let it stop you from getting units done. I think the slann might benefit from an extra wash of agrax earthshade or nuln oil in the crevaces of its throne and on its red skin, as it feels a bit like white basecoat shines through. Personally I love working with darkness (that's why I paint from black), especially in things like folds of skin and ornaments. Maybe my own slann might give you a bit of inspiration as to what I mean, where most of the depth comes from the contrast with the deep shades; http://www.warseer.com/forums/showth...=1#post6189019

Regardless, keep on rolling and smite your enemies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dan View Post
    TBO is the only person I know who can take an absurdly oversized and expensive model, give him bright purple armor and a turquoise codpiece, and leave me feeling like I have to have one.
    Painting logs: - Dwarfs -Lizardmen -Skaven -Beastmen -Tau -NMM knights of the white wolf - Commissions - BURNING WOOD ELVES (also NMM)
    ---> Newest: 15-11-2015; Flaming wood elves (burning treemen and dryads etc) - army complete! ---> New: 18-5-2014; 2 prizes at Throne of Skulls!!!!!

Thanks for your comment TBO. Your lizardman plog is one of the most inspirational in Warseer so I'm flattered that you'd look at mine.

I do agree that sometimes the white undercoat creeps through or is missed when painting. I've tried painting from black and I found that my eyes couldn't make out the details on the figures, hence the white.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast