Thread: Our 40k 1000pt Painting Challenge

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Our 40k 1000pt Painting Challenge

Hello fellow Generals, Warlords, Seers and Gribbly Monsters,

My close gaming group have recently aquired a very nice looking and well painted gaming table (I'll post some pictures later) and following the success of a recent 4-way carnage battle the other day, we thought now would be as good a time as any to kick off a new painting challenge! After all, the only thing that looks better than 4 armies fighting over awesome scenery is 4 fully painted and based armies fighting over awesome scenery.

To this end, I proposed the following challenge to my friends - to fully paint and base a 1000 point army by the end of 2013.

In order to be successful at this challenge, each person must paint no less than 250 points a month. That's 250 points in September, October, November and December. To put this in perspective, 250 points is a 10 man Space Marine squad and a Rhino transport, or 12 Firewarriors and a 3 man Stealth Suit team - as you can see this should be easily achievable.

In order to keep each other motivated and give us an opportunity to share our work with others, I've setup a new Warseer project where it is expected each person taking part in the challenge will update their progress (with pics) at least once a fortnight. This is important, as last time we started a project (The tale of 4 or 5 painters), only myself and DrTarsus ever updated the thing.

So to summarise, each participant will be painting 250 points a month, and updating this log at least once a fortnight with their progress.

As a little incentive to help ensure everybody completes the challenge, I have proposed that the cost of pizza on gaming nights is shared between those poeple who have not completed their 250 points that month

I expect everybody taking part (about 5 or 6 of us in total) will be along at some point to introduce themselves and their project, but I'll kick off myself in the next post.
    Last edited by Fle; 27-08-2013 at 12:50.