Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Life in the Vault is about to change

Re: Life in the Vault is about to change

Having never played Fallout I don't really know what this is about, but the painting is nice. I especially like the glowy green ghoul.
    2012 Minis bought: 363 - - Minis painted: 373
    2013 Minis bought: 1060 - - Minis painted: 210
    2014 Minis bought: 651 - - Minis painted: 63
    2015 Minis bought: 1057 - - Minis painted: 105 - - Sold: 556
    2016 Minis bought: 386 - - Minis painted: 8 - - Sold: 332
    <

Good, now I can tell you how awesome I think this is!
    I'm looking to start on some Cursed Earth gangs for Judge Dredd soon, so seeing lots of post-apocalyptic minis is great. And speaking of Judge Dredd, any tips on good places to find that plastic street gang? I'd love to get some of those and have a play around with converting them.
    <

Real cool Gargobot. Your painting style has really improved. Its a nice mix of classic toy soldier painting and modern toy soldier painting.
    Without judgement
    Perception would increase a million times
    -Chuck

. Space Wolves Plog .

.;
    <

<

Brother Sergeant Warsmith_Kaile's Avatar

Nice stuff. I always like seeing minis re-purposed, especially for an independent projects.
    <

Important note: And I think I've said that before, if you know me in person and live in Duisburg, chances are I'm counting on you to be one of the players once this thing gets done. So you should probably stop following this log...

Quote Originally Posted by Breazer View Post
    Nice and blue good sir.

I like him, you should definitly include him somehow. He seems like he's blunt but has seen a lot. And he has a moustache. He'd almost remind us of someone we know and love if he were older.

Keep up the great work!
    Oh I'm gonna use him. I decided to make 3 of my 5 vault dwellers into the pre-made characters from Fallout, for two of them it's a close fit. This one not that much, but out of the bunch he's the closest fit and I think the backstory works well with his looks;

Albert Cole
    Albert is a charismatic leader of a small, vocal minority of the Vault population that is considering life on the outside world. Dedicated to the role of a negotiator, he is often able to communicate efficiently between different parties. His professed occupation is closest to what was once known as a "lawyer." Albert is often able to convince others that his ideas are correct.

Quote Originally Posted by emperorpenguin View Post
    Fantastic to see another Fallout project on here
    Really great work. I've played very little of the early games, my gaming hours and project are all centred on 3 and New Vegas
    Well your log was one of the inspirations for this one. It could use an update though.

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorNorton View Post
    Having never played Fallout I don't really know what this is about, but the painting is nice. I especially like the glowy green ghoul.
    Thanks, I'll try to throw in the occasional flavor text, so people who haven't played Fallout can get an idea of what it's about.

Quote Originally Posted by Dai-Mongar View Post
    Good, now I can tell you how awesome I think this is!
    I'm looking to start on some Cursed Earth gangs for Judge Dredd soon, so seeing lots of post-apocalyptic minis is great. And speaking of Judge Dredd, any tips on good places to find that plastic street gang? I'd love to get some of those and have a play around with converting them.
    Thanks buddy, hope the PM helped.

Quote Originally Posted by mdiscala View Post
    Real cool Gargobot. Your painting style has really improved. Its a nice mix of classic toy soldier painting and modern toy soldier painting.
    Thank you. Your reply came at a perfect time, reminded me to get something new painted.

Quote Originally Posted by Karak Norn Clansman View Post
    Nice work on those.
    Thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Warsmith_Kaile View Post
    Nice stuff. I always like seeing minis re-purposed, especially for an independent projects.
    Well stay tuned then, just got a large order of minis in.

So, update time:
    "For all you would-be bigots out there, ghouls are people too. You see children, ghouls are simply humans who have been exposed to an ungodly amount of radiation and haven't had the good fortune to die."

These will be my last exploits from the Street Gang set. I noticed earlier that GW heads are a little on the big side for these bodies, but since ghouls are essentially zombies I thought it would look alright. These dudes were once Men of the Empire, see if you can guess from which boxes they came. I mutilated them a bit since most ghouls have no nose nor ears.
    <

Good things. I really like those outfits on the ghouls and how you painted them very colourfully. The non-fancy bases work really well with them. Good stuff. If only they had a vault to dwell in.
    <

It's a good thing you commented on my new log. That way I could find your new log! And what a wonderful project it is. I can understand why you regret selling off your Necro stuff. Any specific game system you will use them with? May I recommend Wastelands 3 Meltdown? Free, and modular.

Keep up!
    Last edited by Daniel36; 23-10-2013 at 11:30. Reason: typo
    <

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2