Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Resistance isn't futile: Danish resistance in WWII

Re: Resistance isn't futile: Danish resistance in WWII

Quote Originally Posted by Solun Decius View Post
    Hey, excellent progress here. Already a sizable force of riflemen and the truck is great. Very thematic.
    Is that a specific greengrocer you're referring to?
    Thank you! No, it's not a specific greengrocer, it's just a short name that fit on the sign.

Quote Originally Posted by popisdead View Post
    These look good. The Never Surrender model is quite nice eh?
    Thanks mate, and yes, it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by sigur View Post
    Very, very pretty. Now that I see it, I think that the hand-painted sign actually works better than something printed out. Also very gladly surprised how darned well the 1/48th vehicle scales with the 28mm. I shall keep that in mind. Good grime on the windows too!
    Thanks! However, the grime on the windows isn't, it's just me smegging up the model while building and painting...

I finished this one quickly, all painted in a day:

And you can remove one guy if it gets shot:

It's a Vickers machinegun from Musketeer's VBCW model line. There were some flash, but all in all it's a nice model.

Gee, I've missed some updates whilst my internet was stuffed. Your project is coming along well, I like how the greys and blues make the models look unified without being too uniformed. The truck is excellent too, I can almost hear the engine chugging.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigBadWolf View Post
    In the toilets?!

You dirty bugger!!!

Chapter Master

Quote Originally Posted by mrtn View Post
    Thank you!

The Partisan list needs three bomb markers, I've made two of them:

They're both made from 40K bits as well as "natural materials".
    For the third you really need a piece of railroad track with a bomb underneath. That would be pretty iconic for the Danish resistance. Well, for most resistance movements really, but...

The problem is that the marker would need to fit on a 20 mm base. That's a tiny railroad. I did paint a small chest, it'll do for the time being.

Italeri sent the missing wheel as fast as possible, so I'm happy with them. Thus I could finish the truck by adding the missing wheels, as well as some of the invisible stuff on the underside. Added a bit more weathering as well.

Maybe a little more dust in the rear wheel? Looks suspiciously clean atm.

Does the truck have a role in the rules you're using, or is it just scenery?
    In the toilets?!

You dirty bugger!!!

You may be right, I'll see about adding a wash or so.

Trucks do have a role as transport, from comments they seem quite good too. Here's a little "first month of the project" pic:

Great group picture! Where do you have those little bushes/flowers from? The add a nice piece of color!

Great group shot. I really like the bits of colour you put throughout the gang.

Man, you've made fantastic progress!

A machinegun and its crew in a day? You're quick!

The truck looks fantastic (love the freehand sign) and that is quite a few riflemen you've painted over a short period of time!

How many models are required for a typical game?
    "Alea Iacta Est"
    Seutonius

Great output for a single month.
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty
    What the Modsticker said.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvussanctus View Post
    Great group picture! Where do you have those little bushes/flowers from? The add a nice piece of color!
    Thank you! They're from Army Painter, I bought mine from Warlord Games when they had that free postage drive this summer.

Great group shot. I really like the bits of colour you put throughout the gang.
    Thanks mate.

Quote Originally Posted by juicytomatoes View Post
    Man, you've made fantastic progress!

A machinegun and its crew in a day? You're quick!

The truck looks fantastic (love the freehand sign) and that is quite a few riflemen you've painted over a short period of time!

How many models are required for a typical game?
    Thank you! The required amount of models depends on if you have inexperienced or veteran men, and how many tanks and toys you take. Since these are partisans I'll use a lot of inexperienced guys, and thus I'll need quite a few models. Adding the 16 Dixon Miniatures models I just received as inexperienced pistolmen (which makes them even cheaper points-wise) I'll have a army of 600ish points. The recommended army size is 1000 points, and a regular rifleman costs 10 points.
    The 38 model DAK box and Panzer III I bought from the Perrys will give a 900ish point army.

Quote Originally Posted by Codsticker View Post
    Great output for a single month.
    Thank you.

I painted my first batch of Perry DAK minis. Here are four riflemen, a Leutnant with a SMG friend, a radioman (forward observer) with a friend with a SMG and binoculars, and a light mortar with loader (the two prone guys). I used two slightly different colours for their uniforms, maybe most clearly seen on the guy standing to the right with a rifle.

Next up is some gangsters I bought from Dixon Miniatures. Unfortunately they are more heroic scale. I'll just have to use most of them in their own unit and hope for the best.

Here is a comparison picture:

From left to right we have a Perry DAK, Musketeer Miniatures, Warlord Games and three gangsters from Dixon. Not only do they vary in size between the different blisters, most of them are also quite big. The head of the "holding his hat" man is at least double the size of the Perry head.

Chaplain

Nice! And the germans looks great!
    Hertz

I have to agree with hertz on the germans. Great painting there! They look great.
    "Alea Iacta Est"
    Seutonius

Yup, those Germans look really great. Nice work there, man.

Wow, the head on Mr."holding his hat" really is something. Maybe he just uses his hand to support the weight of his head, so it doesn't fall to the side and snap his neck. In the end though, I think that they'll blend in with the rest of the guys rather well once they're painted and everything. Especially with irregular forces, it's fun to have some variety in shape and size amongst the ranks.

Nice first months production! They look suitably irregular, which makes the monthly output even more interesting.
    Do you like free wargames?
    http://bloodandspectacles.blogspot.com/

The Germans look good, it'll be good to see them alongside the resistance to compare their uniform / non-uniform appearance. You've also managed to make the German uniforms look nicely lived in, they look a little grubby without being dirty.

The gangsters look good apart from the holding head guy, he seems to suffer from gigantism...
    In the toilets?!

You dirty bugger!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hertz View Post
    Nice! And the germans looks great!
    Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by juicytomatoes View Post
    I have to agree with hertz on the germans. Great painting there! They look great.
    Thanks mate.
    Yup, those Germans look really great. Nice work there, man.

Wow, the head on Mr."holding his hat" really is something. Maybe he just uses his hand to support the weight of his head, so it doesn't fall to the side and snap his neck. In the end though, I think that they'll blend in with the rest of the guys rather well once they're painted and everything. Especially with irregular forces, it's fun to have some variety in shape and size amongst the ranks.
    Thank you. Yeah, since most of these have pistols and not rifles I hope I can sorta fudge it so that they're not directly compared to smaller minis.

Quote Originally Posted by Easy E View Post
    Nice first months production! They look suitably irregular, which makes the monthly output even more interesting.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n Facebeard View Post
    The Germans look good, it'll be good to see them alongside the resistance to compare their uniform / non-uniform appearance. You've also managed to make the German uniforms look nicely lived in, they look a little grubby without being dirty.

The gangsters look good apart from the holding head guy, he seems to suffer from gigantism...
    Thank you.

The gangsters are all finished which is good since I have my first game scheduled for this Saturday. I went for mostly natural colours on these guys, so they're mainly grey and brown.

Some of the models looks like they'd fit quite well as yakuzas, or maybe as part of some Asian militia type unit.

Good stuff. I really like the lady gangster and the pose on Holding-Hat-Guy. He fits in well now.

They do look the part with paint on. I like the guy with the cigar, what a tough bugger.
    In the toilets?!

You dirty bugger!!!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast