Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Resistance isn't futile: Danish resistance in WWII

Re: Resistance isn't futile: Danish resistance in WWII

Quote Originally Posted by sigur View Post
    Good stuff. I really like the lady gangster and the pose on Holding-Hat-Guy. He fits in well now.
    Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n Facebeard View Post
    They do look the part with paint on. I like the guy with the cigar, what a tough bugger.
    Thanks. There are actually two guys with cigars.

I played my first game of Bolt Action today and I'm happy to say that it was as fun as I hoped!
    A friend and I shared about 600 points of my resistance fighters and took on a third friend. As he hasn't painted his Americans yet he played a mix of Germans and Space Germans.

We played Hold Until Relieved which was a fun scenario. The objective we had to keep as the defenders were these casks of Danish Aquavit. We surrounded them with trip wires and booby traps.

This was a unit of inexperienced partisans mainly armed with pistols. They came on from reserve in the Fruit Truck and proceeded to blast away and charge most of the German right flank were he had most of his heavy weapons and support units. They worked brilliantly taking out three or four enemy units in close combat.

From left to right we have the British commando who have just called in the air strike, a big unit of partisans and our leader Butcher Hansen and his two bodyguards.

The curiously armed sniper...

The Germans were too scared of the bombs and didn't try to charge in until it was too late.
    We all thought it was a fun game and were inspired to build terrain and armies.

ahhh yes.

My first few games of 'rules of engagement' were Catachan/Cadians vs. Steel legion (We used rules for Canadian Infantry & Fallschirmjaeger)

Looks good! How do you like Bolt Action?? Who won?
    I have too many project armies to list...
    Check out my Painting Blog! Comments/Criticism welcome! Historicals, 40k, Fantasy and more! - 2016 Model Count: 68 Bought/10 Painted
    Tabletop Showcase A forum dedicated to wargaming project logs!
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
    In other words as a rock player I find that changes to scissors are fair, balanced and reasonable but that paper has been made too strong in this edition and should be nerfed.

Looks like fun. Is that the usual game size? I'm intrigued by any skirmishy game now.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigBadWolf View Post
    In the toilets?!

You dirty bugger!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kisanis View Post
    ahhh yes.

My first few games of 'rules of engagement' were Catachan/Cadians vs. Steel legion (We used rules for Canadian Infantry & Fallschirmjaeger)

Looks good! How do you like Bolt Action?? Who won?
    Thanks. We won, the German player tried a desperate run up to the objective in the last turn, but one of our booby traps exploded in his face. But even if it hadn't I think we would have been able to get him, we had many units left (started with bigger units than him).

Looks like fun. Is that the usual game size? I'm intrigued by any skirmishy game now.
    Thanks. The recommended game size is 1000 points, this was 600 odd, but it worked perfectly fine at this size too. A Regular rifleman costs 10 points, a Panzer III about 200 and a Tiger tank 500+.
    The Perry DAK and the Panzer III I bought gives an army of about 800-900 points.

Good stuff mrtn! Makes me wanna buy lots of models that won't get painted... Will have the check out the different factions available ruleswise.

Quote Originally Posted by folketsfiende View Post
    Good stuff mrtn! Makes me wanna buy lots of models that won't get painted... Will have the check out the different factions available ruleswise.
    Thanks! Of course you should buy models, you have to eat something don't you? We can talk about what's available later some time.

I finished my Panzer III Ausf J in just a few hours.

If you can guess why it's number 45 you win a virtual Danish.

Ooh, I know! It's an expiration date! "Best before '45". :P

I really like that loader figure. That's pretty clever. PzIIIJ looks cool. Good work!

Its the 45th model you've painted for this plog?

BTW it looks cool, can imagine it menacing the resistance fighters.
    In the toilets?!

You dirty bugger!!!

I thought it might be the tank number for Lt. Gruber's "Little Tank" in Allo, Allo. However, I haven't seen that show in so long, I have no idea if we ever even saw it's number or what type of tank it was.
    Do you like free wargames?
    http://bloodandspectacles.blogspot.com/

Ooh, I know! It's an expiration date! "Best before '45". :P

I really like that loader figure. That's pretty clever. PzIIIJ looks cool. Good work!
    Nope.
    Thanks.

Its the 45th model you've painted for this plog?

BTW it looks cool, can imagine it menacing the resistance fighters.
    It was 50-odd, now it's 60-odd. Thanks. I hope they get their bazooka soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Easy E View Post
    I thought it might be the tank number for Lt. Gruber's "Little Tank" in Allo, Allo. However, I haven't seen that show in so long, I have no idea if we ever even saw it's number or what type of tank it was.
    I haven't seen that in twenty years, and hardly remembers anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Karak Norn Clansman View Post
    I think Sigur picked the best guess. Nicely painted Germans and resistance fighters.
    Thank you.

The 45 shows where it's heading, +45 is the Danish telephone country code.

More Germans:

I've continued to experiment with Feldgrau variations, here's a new one that's even more grey than the rest.
    And I've magnetised the two helpers.

If someone had guessed that, they would deserve you sending them an actual Danish.

I still find it funny how when I look at historicals I think 'their hands and heads are too small'
    In the toilets?!

You dirty bugger!!!

I've converted and painted a unit of the Schalburg Korps, the local Danish branch of the SS. This was a unit of nazis and criminals working as guards and in counter-resistance operations. They were responsible for a lot of killings of resistance members, often made in revenge for a sabotage, and these killings were called a Schalburgtage.
    The conversions I did was the turned up trouser legs on the outside of the boots, this was a speciality of theirs.

They had a black SS uniform with a Danish royal (IIRC) shield on the left arm; three blue leopards and nine red hearts on a yellow field.

On the right side of the helmet they had a white sun cross (circular swastika).

The Schalburg Korps was very hated by most of the Danes, and many of them were liquidated by the resistance after the war.

That second to last batch of germans (more green) really pop. Looks good.

Very nice (and plentiful) additions to your German force there. Hadn't heard of the Schalburgers before. Interesting stuff. Good stuff as always!

Love the whole idea of danish resistance troops, might have to steal it from you one day

Quote Originally Posted by popisdead View Post
    That second to last batch of germans (more green) really pop. Looks good.
    Thanks mate. More green Germans below.

Very nice (and plentiful) additions to your German force there. Hadn't heard of the Schalburgers before. Interesting stuff. Good stuff as always!
    Thank you. I hadn't heard about them a year or so ago, so thought it'd be a good idea to write a bit about them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathbullar View Post
    Love the whole idea of danish resistance troops, might have to steal it from you one day
    Well, they're not my idea, they did exist in real life, so it isn't really stealing. Thank you.

A few more riflemen, I'm waiting to build the last few models until I get my WGF models in the post and see them in hand.

Nicely done again. That's a very interesting Feldgrau you got there. Looking forward to reading about your opinions on the WGF minis.

Thank you.

I got my loose sprue order from Warlord, and I've been cutting and gluing for a few days now.

From left to right we have: a SMG guy with arms from the Perry DAK set, head from British Commandos and a body from the Anglo-Zulu War British Infantry set (AZWBI from now on). Then we have a LMG guy with arms and weapons from Wargames Factory's late German set, head from commandos and a AZWBI body.
    Next we have a kneeling helper to the bazooka guy with head and hat from Pike & Shotte infantry, arms from the soviet infantry sprue, rockets from the US weapon sprue and a AZWBI body. Behind him we have the bazooka guy with head and arms from the commando sprue, weapon from the US weapon sprue and a AZWBI body.
    Next we have a kneeling sniper with arms from the commando sprue, weapon from the US weapon sprue and a AZWBI body. His head is also from the AZWBI sprue, but the tropical helmet has been cut and filed down into a flat cap. Behind him we have his pointing spotter with the pointing arm from the commando sprue, pistol arm from the Perry DAK, head and body from AZWBI . This head also has a flat cap treatment. This was actually a very easy conversion and I'm really happy about them.
    Then we have two commandos all made from the commando sprue, except the Thompsons from the US weapon sprue. These will be FOOs.
    Then we have a light mortar guy lying down, with head from the commando sprue, soviet infantry body and arms from the Perry DAK. Behind him we have his kneeling loader, with body and head from the AZWBI sprue, but the head has had a new woolen hat fitted, and that's from the Pike & Shotte infantry. His arms are from the Perry DAK.

That's seven different sets of models.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast