Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Battle Brush Studios' little histories

Re: Battle Brush Studios' little histories

they look awsome mate that banner really makes the unit pop especially against the white.

kind of makes me sad that your going on to space marines would have loved to see those commandos
    http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=309966 random stuff warmachine,dystopian wars and malifaux updated 03/03/13

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showth...95#post6202095 historical log updated 24/09/13

@basher: Thanks very much! Well, September had a ton of historical stuff to do and October is also very much historicals dominated. Just five Marines and a tank for a change.

I took some WIP pictures of the Space Marines today and I had the camera out already, I took the chance to take a picture of the last few of my Cold War British I finished a few days ago:

Tonight they're going to get their baptism of fire, in a most probably fun game of Force on Force: Cold War Gone hot.

Commander

Fantastic brushwork!

We want photos and details of the FOF or it did not happen - lol

Keep up the great painting and photos

I'm back for a bit here. These days I'm really busy preparing stuff for VIVAT2013, the first historical wargaming show to the south of Vienna next Saturday. (drop by if you're in the area. )

As I said, it's a first and everybody's really excited about how it's going to work out. There will be some really cool demo and participation games (SAGA, something Napoleonic, WW2 dogfighty stuff, Bolt Action, Muskets&Tomahawk, Legends of the Old West, Wiener Planspielregeln [ww2 in this case. Very interesting stuff, it's been featured in the most recent issue of Miniature Wargames] and some 28mm Samurai fun if I remember correctly) and I'll be doing a painting workshop there!

There even is an event-only miniature which I think is a really cool thing. Last weekend I was asked to put some paint on it for display/promo/etc.

Hope you like her.

holy **** that is amazing mate
    http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=309966 random stuff warmachine,dystopian wars and malifaux updated 03/03/13

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showth...95#post6202095 historical log updated 24/09/13

sadly one weekend to early...promised the girlfriend a weekend in romantic vienna, but alas to late. But lovely Empress.

One weekend after VIVAT there's at least Modelbaumesse Wien (model.. building hobby stuff expo ). Loads of cool stuff there as well, albeit mostly rc cars/helicopters and some amazing train setups.

Really solid paintjob especially the freehand is off the charts man! Somehow the reflective plinth surface reminds me of a ballroom floor, which I guess wouldn't be that much of a stretch.

Maria looks breathtaking sigur ! I'm speechless.

@basher: Well, thank you.

@mrtn: She reigned from 1740 to 1780. I think technically she wasn't REALLY Empress but her husband was Emperor but effectively she ran the whole show, not just in the background even. Her father went to great lengths to get the other European powers to sign the Pragmatic Sanction which would confirm that his daughter could succeed him. All the other powers were paid, got trade rights, land and so on until they agreed. Of course they all (well, not all. Just France, Bavaria, the dirt-farming Prussian upstarts [ ] and lateron Spain) declared the Pragmatic Sanction null and void as soon as Maria Theresia took over and declared war on Austria. Great Britain only joined the war on the Habsburgs' side because they hated the French more than women on thrones. That all was called the War of Austrian Succession. Much to everybody's surprise she didn't do too badly, still Silesia fell to the Prussians. She also bore 16 kids, did a ton of social reforms (like introducing compulsory school education for boys and girls if my memory serves right and all kinds of other things).

@Corvussanctus: Did you enjoy Vienna then?

@Gargobot: Indeed, it's a very fitting little plinth.

@kublai: Thanks very much!

I'm a bad man and this is why there's no update on Space Marines on the Sci-Fi plog but instead we're back to this stuff:

Here we got British Commandos, still WIP, for an upcoming review. Yeah, bought those because they were lying around at my LGS and nobody ever pays attention to them. I also kind of want to maybe do - if possible but I'm not sure if it ever works out - something 28mm scale WW2-ish. Not Bolt Action, possibly not even anything platoon-level. Maybe something with squads? Maybe Flying Lead? Or NUTS even as a co-op thing? Who knows.

In other news, I'll finally get a game of Dux Britanniarum in tonight! Very much looking forward to that, I'm rather hyped about this one. Should be good old fun times.

I somehow dislike most warlord models, except Paul Hick's sculpts of course. That's a real shame, since warlord produces so many plastic kits. Your paintjob is superb though

Well this "dirt-farming Prussian upstart" likes these models, really characterful faces, but I get where you're coming from kublai. In any case the painting is beyond reproach.

dude wish i could paint faces like you do they look great,what am i on about they all look great.You seem to paint so quick and effortlessly your work rate is unbelievable

@kublai: Thanks very much and indeed, it's a bit problematic. If I were to do a "proper" WW2 thing in 28mm I'd probably go for other models than Warlord's but to be honest my 28s ww2 collection happened more out of a mix of very immature "ooh shiny, wanna have", situations of "okay, if I order one more thing I get free shipping... let's see..." and such. Actually, I'm planning for December to be a sort of WW2 themed month on the Battle Brush Studios site in terms of reviews, hopefully in terms of ruleset reviews as well.

@Gargobot: I was just kidding of course, playing on the thing that Friedrich once famously helped some fella plough a field, didn't he?

@basher: Well, thanks very much.

So today I did a bunch of terrain-making done. GW modular hill, three magnetic bases for forests as well as 20+ trees on washers and Renedra's Ramshackle Barn (released on Salute this year):

Terrain for gaming/making army shots prettier altogether mostly. Very simple but I hope effective. More pictures to follow. Oh, and my first few boxes of ACW stuff arrived but I think that warrants a full new project log.

Nice barn. Now i have to build and paint the one i have lying around. :-/ ;-)

The barn looks fantastic. I love those Renedra terrain kits.

can we have a pic with some minis for a size compare please

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast