Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15

Thread: A Tale of Five Legions...

Re: A Tale of Five Legions...

A most impressive amount of Heresy-Era goodness, from all participants! The black Omnissiah are very nice, variations on the traditional red is always a welcome sight, and those Alpha Legion Assault Marines are just wonderful.
    Broterhood of the Shattered Spear - Heresy-Era White Scars of the 189. Explorator-Fleet!

Heroes of Armageddon - Unwanted paints 21 different Chapters for fun and profit (No actual profit involved)

Unwanted Forays into Mordheim! Orcs in da ruins!

Veteran Sergeant

Thanks UNWANTED and INQUISITOR ENGLE, Its taken a while to do them but Both VIII Legion and Mechanicum were worth it. My gold is a easy one to do.

NIGHT LORDS = Gheners Gold - Windsor and Newton Peat Brown Ink then a Highlight with the Liberator gold.
    MECHANICUM = Brass Scorpion -Peat Brown Ink then Liberator Gold.
    Really simple technique but looks very striking. Oh and a coat of anti-shine matt varnish too, for good measure.
    Keep an eye out for more stuff from the dark forge, maybe a bit more hunched and rotor cannony...

Veteran Sergeant

Hello VIII legion fans! Looks like a new dreadnought on the block, got this guy at the Heresy Weekender. I know he's been out a while and its not unique to have a legion dreadnought but... Have not got a name for him yet, was thinking something claw related or skull perhaps. Gave him the big Volkite because my famous inner night lord said it would be funny. Its been a while since any of us has posted but rest assured all of the gang still play heresy and have been hard at work painting and playing.

Well, that's all folks will post more stuff soon! AVE DOMINUS NOX!

Nice. Though, the base is a bit flat and uninteresting perhaps?

Is that scythes from WHFB zombies making up the claw?
    Last edited by Zywus; 27-03-2016 at 12:20.
    Quote Originally Posted by Holier Than Thou View Post
    Is it a good game design feature that a goblin is considered equal to a Dragon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaric View Post
    Yes under the circumstance the tribe could be of dragon hunters is a device capture/bring down a dragon a impossibility?
    [Heresy Era 30k] The Eaters of Worlds Children of a savage messiah, Waagh K.F.O.R.K - My Orks, The log on my ever growing undead horde

Veteran Sergeant

Hey Zywus, the claws are from Bretonnian men at arms halberds. The basing is the same through out my army, it goes with our Istvaan table at the local club, didn't want to distract from the model with overdoing the base... hahahaha

Nice Choomtemptor there, and the Claws are quite perfect
    Broterhood of the Shattered Spear - Heresy-Era White Scars of the 189. Explorator-Fleet!

Heroes of Armageddon - Unwanted paints 21 different Chapters for fun and profit (No actual profit involved)

Veteran Sergeant

Hello VIII legion fans, "The Dark Apparition" Assault squad, known for their ghostly helms and disconcerting howls during the darkened terror assaults on loyalist cities. I thought a very pail blue would just set these guys off nice as a stark contrast with the very dark armour. Hope you enjoy.

Well until next time, Ave Dominus Nox!

They look very good, the blue tint on the helmets is very subtle, like it alot.

Those Night Lords are looking good.
    Especially like the serg with lightning claws!

Chapter Master Inquisitor Engel's Avatar

Love the white helms on those assault astartes. I might have to steal that for my own.

Chaplain

So...where have I been? Why no painting? Well.....

Turns out I'm just rubbish at taking photos. Painting has continued at pace. In fact, another two Heresy armies since my last post. Including a couple of additions to my other armies, anyway, without further ado, to stop Dave propping up the thread....

Very nice, subtle black is nicely done.

Chaplain

Ok, some more Ravenguard, this time a tactical squad. The army is designed as a drop pod army, so this veteran squad has flamers and the sniper veteran skill. I went with transfers for most of the army as I've improved my technique with them using a decal fixer.

Basing is in an urban style using cork and sand. I'll post the method for the marines at some stage as it's very quick and you can do lots of infantry really quickly.

Chaplain

More veterans, similarly armed to the last squad, these guys are supposed to turn up in drop pods and burn stuff...

Chaplain

Just a brief update, I will add to this thread in time, however for now take a look at my new blog:

http://magnusfolly.blogspot.co.uk

Chaplain

I've been waitin to do the Thousand Sons for a long time now and made a start before Inferno came out recently, my army selection will stay as close to the background as I can. The army has been done in Prosperan Ruby, which has taken a bit of doing! I'll explain my methods as we go, please ask any questions in the comments.

So first post, tactical marines will be the bulk of the army and will be in landraider as suggested in inferno.

Last edited by stonedrose; 15-04-2017 at 21:33.

Chaplain

I've painted a lot of Thousand Sons now, I haven't posted many but believe it or not over eighty are done. The reason I haven't posted any is due to my decision to paint the bolter casings white. This has lead to a problem as the multiple clear layers of red have leeched into the white when the model is varnished.

I have been able to remedy this with subsequent coats of ulthuan grey and white but it means a redo of the casings essentially after the model is finished, a little frustrating to say the least.

I had a think about this and tried sealing the figures with varnish before painting the bolter casings, I tried his with both matt and gloss varnish with no success. It looks like the long way round is the only way, I will continue to post as the bolter casings are redone, for now here are a few more marines, I intend to have two squads of ten rotagun marines as the Thousand Sons seem to make best use of them and they look cool.

Chaplain

For those still following I've post a bit more on the blog and also have several eBay auctions up including a unique spire Guard Astra miliatrum army, check it out!

http://magnusfolly.blogspot.co.uk

https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/302465210621

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15