Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: A Tale of Five Legions...

Chaplain

Re: A Tale of Five Legions...

Oh, one other pic. I took one of Daveco's praetor as I thought the other one didn't show the detail up too well.

That is definitely a better picture i really like it, especially the pale face, it fit NL a lot.

PS : the pose is like "bitch I don't even need to look at you to shoot you down!" :P

Veteran Sergeant

This month, The Nightlords 7th Company Storm Eagle 'Korvash Uhll'. See you next month folks. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20131110_113025.jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	384.9 KB 
ID:	181391Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20131110_112933.jpg 
Views:	241 
Size:	421.2 KB 
ID:	181388Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20131110_112953.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	385.9 KB 
ID:	181389Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20131110_113011.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	405.4 KB 
ID:	181390
    Last edited by daveco2100; 11-11-2013 at 19:55.

Veteran Sergeant

So as Stonedrose mentioned I've been hard at work on my Storm Raven, for some reason I cant get big pictures on this thing (perhaps I should torture a Tech adept until it make this machine work). Not going to lie though the kit was not very user friendly, I used a hair dryer to reposition the resin. the side panels were quite distorted but its together now and looking fine. coming up next month ???

Hello guys my army im contributing to the project is a Space Wolves force. Im a pretty avid regular 40k player so im doubling it up as a 40k and Heresy army. First up my warlord, he doubles up as Logan Grimnar in 40k - in the regular rules Logan has an axe that uses the rules for a sword and a powerfist, so I thought id just make is simple and visually distinctive to give him a sword and fist - here he is so far, maybe 60-70% done.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wolves.jpg 
Views:	421 
Size:	247.3 KB 
ID:	181704  

I'm really looking forward to seeing this thread develop- sub'ed!

Veteran Sergeant

Hello All, Ive been hard at work on next months entry and I am excited that its hard not to put something up! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20131110_170212.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	230.3 KB 
ID:	182009Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20131110_170204.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	235.0 KB 
ID:	182010Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20131110_170151.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	287.3 KB 
ID:	182011

Chaplain

Ok, major update from me...

Rebased my figures like Daveco's, for continuity and to offset the black. I'm pleased with the result. Also, have added transfers which break the figure up, wetn for clan raukaan, as there are no transfers for clan Avernii (damn you FW!).

So far have finished the dreadnought and 15 tactical marines, the boarders have been re-highlighted and varnished, I've used some of the new GW pains to dirty their shields up and I'm pleased with the result, pics later today.

Chaplain

here we go, fresh from a coat of matt varnish:

Very nice, the bases really set them off.

Nice combat painting, but I would probably go for a white hand on the dreadnought's chest for consistency and compensate the head area too compensate for focus..

Chaplain

More marines....

Finished a full twenty man tactical squad now. That gives me twenty tacticals, ten boarders and the dreadnought. Going to do a group shot at some point. Reward for all of this is I get to start my spartan!

Have just bought a Deimos vindicator and a fire raptor too, hopefully they'll be here by the end of the week.

Veteran Sergeant

Scared of the Dark? Don't like being Skinned? Oh well you should flee or hide because Sunday is the 1st of the month! NEW NIGHT LORDS TIME!!! look out for the next addition to my VIII legion army on 01/12/13 Ave Dominus Nox!

Chaplain

Ok, so Abe's salamanders and mickeys emperors children are in progress but not pics yet.

So on to month two for me, reward for so many infantry.... I give you Spartan!!

This is Ferrum Reginam - the "iron regent" and it's the ride for one of my squads, not sure which on yet. Went for the extra blue steel approach as shown in massacre, breaks the tank up a bit, I'm really happy with the result.

That is technically enough points for me to be done for a few months! I've done about 1100pts, which is six month work according to the rules of the thread, however, I'll press on as I can't field an army yet due to no hq choice...

THIS IS SPARTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Nice work, that Spartan looks - as I believe the kids say now - mint. Please could you post some pics of the engine blocks and the other side? Also, did you paint the interior?

Chapter Master

Sexy Iron hands.

Cant wait to get started with mine.
    Yes, that he is a towering Colossus of talent compared to whatever trained monkey-slave they chained to a Mac and forced to digitally sculpt these atrocities against the human eyeball.

Chaplain

In short, no I haven't painted the interior..... Yet. Don't know whether I will either, the front compartment is nice and still accessible, however, the back is bare and underwhelming, also, one of the door components snapped during construction, so I made the executive decision to seal the back.... Forever!

Will do some photos of the back when I get a chance.

Veteran Sergeant

Ok folks, New Night Lords time! Just painted up my Atramentar Terminators (attached to my 7th Company). I've used more shade than normal as I'm going for the more worn than dirty look Ave Dominus Nox!

Chaplain

Another update, this is my vindicator "Fortis"

Really nice kit to put together, too plate needed a little bit of the old hair dryer. Otherwise probably the least flawed forgeworld tank kit I've put together.

Great work everyone!

@stonedrose The vindi looks great. The weathering arund the tracks is very good. The speed at which you produce your models is tremendous.

@daveco The termis look great. I love the skulls hanging down form their waists, they add a great touch.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast