Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: A Tale of Five Legions...

Re: A Tale of Five Legions...

@daveco I'm so gonna steal the idea of the two skulls on both side of the cataphracti armor!

@stonedrose How did you do the gradient on the eagle plating of the shield for the breacher squad, it look amazing?
    For some videos and ramblings about my Heresy Night Lords Legion http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5ZVKRuJqNuJLbapCc6TJYA

Chaplain

Used the new typhus corrosion, thin wash to begin with, one layer on another, the thinner the layer the lesser the "burn". I added a little black to it at the end. Really easy to do, did them all in one big batch.

Veteran Sergeant

Thanks palikir, steal away man. Steal away!

Chaplain

Here's my latest effort, there are ten of these in total, I'm going to paint them in fives though. The other four just need a final highlight on their lascannons but I can't be bothered tonight!
    Very expensive unit this one, 415 pts without any upgrades. Once it's done I'll have 1500pts, but no hq to lead. So need to start thinking about that...

Chaplain

Okay, here's the first five. Hopefully next week I'll do another five, but as I'm off next week I might try to make a start on something bigger...

Those are some very gorgeous Iron Hands. Like the Night Lords as well. Were you doing Terror-markings as well?
    Broterhood of the Shattered Spear - Heresy-Era White Scars of the 189. Explorator-Fleet!

Heroes of Armageddon - Unwanted paints 21 different Chapters for fun and profit (No actual profit involved)

Unwanted Forays into Mordheim! Orcs in da ruins!

Chaplain

Been a little busy over Christmas, painting this!

Sponsons and weathering to do, closing on 2000pts...

Chapter Master

Sweet! Looking really nice, love it all.

ZP
    Zombie P's Imaginative PLog of Stuff, and Things - Updated 30.4.16
    Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n Facebeard View Post
    "Sighs, farts, and leaves : the Malorne story"

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Malorne View Post
    An uplifting tale of discovering oneself while overcoming grave peril and class stereotyping in a hostile world.

Veteran Sergeant

HO-HO-HO everyone, here one naughty little boy who will be on Santas bad list! Ave Dominus Nox! Oh and have a Terror filled Holiday and remember that Night Haunter is watching!

Chaplain

And now it's finished!

Ready to take on the traitors!

That is really great, I likes it a lot.

Chaplain

Ok, so a break from Iron Hands, but still something related. Here is Fulgrim, appreciate pics are not perfect, Ferrus will follow this one in terms of Primarchs but will probably take some time, back to lascannon marines for me next...

Chaplain

Ok, so our latest order has arrived. I've bought twenty medusas immortals, these are beautiful, really detailed, but also really big! A contemptor, which will have twin kheres assault cannons and a havoc launcher. Last but not least I bought Valtrex, astral claws master of the herpes division....ok his real name is Valthex.

From Valthex I've made a start on my Iron Father, I took a bit of a chance, hoping his arms were separate, which they were. I used a command mk III backpack with the aerial cut off, I then removed one of the side vents and replaced it with a servo arm from a metal tech priest. I also used a cut down version of his power axe as his relic blade. Lastly I added Iron Hands Mk III bits. I think he's a bit understated for an HQ choice, Daveco thinks this is ok, as Iron Hands wouldn't be all spangly. I can't decide, I might at some kind of banner to him.....

that fellblade is pretty damn sexy! I think i'll treat myself to a Glaive once i've got through the bits i've already got. Good log so far!
    "You see a mouse trap, I see free cheese and a challenge!"

Pheatons 4th Mech Gurad Project log, Loyalist Emperor's Children Log, Warmahordes Log

Veteran Sergeant

Hello All! This month sees even more Atramentar Terminators. The squad is a pretty standard one but with a nice little bit of pep added with the Plasma Blaster!

Veteran Sergeant

Also this January marks 3 months into the Tale of Five Legions. This auspicious anniversary could not go unmarked and I've taken a few extra snaps to show the armies progress.
    Here we see my commanders, two Atramentar squads and the Storm Eagle "Korvash-Uhll"! See you next month and with a new unit, not to give too much away but Forge World have just released MKIII shoulders pads. Ave Dominus Nox!

Nice VIII legion
    How was easy was it to make your storm eagle? - i'm making one at the moment and am having a bit of difficulty getting the back door to line up
    vidi, vinci, veni

I'm a Doctor - send me a PM if you would like any medical advice

My Space Wolves
    http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=238129

Veteran Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by muggs View Post
    Nice VIII legion
    How was easy was it to make your storm eagle? - i'm making one at the moment and am having a bit of difficulty getting the back door to line up
    I've made 2 storm eagles and both of them have been a nightmare to build. I have had to use a hair dryer to heat up the resin to bend it back into shape. This is a difficult process but if you are careful it works. I even e-mailed forge world to flag up the matter, they did respond and told me they would attempt to remedy the problem and that I can always get replacement parts. But for a 90+ kit it should arrive with out warped parts.

Looks like its par for the course then. I've already deployed massed elastic bands, the hairdryer and boiling water.

Maybe it's time for knives, saws, plasticard and green stuff!

Sent from my Styges Mk XV Dataslate using Tapatalk
    vidi, vinci, veni

I'm a Doctor - send me a PM if you would like any medical advice

My Space Wolves
    http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=238129

Veteran Sergeant

Hello all, Its a week or so early but here is Februarys 150pts+ unit. Nice new Terror/Veteran Squad. I was so excited about these guys I just could wait no longer. So here they are... Next month maybe a vehicle or two. Ave Dominus Nox!

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast