Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: mrtn's muddy puttees

mrtn's muddy puttees

Here's a start on a French army.

It's a WWII army for Bolt Action but I'm leaning towards using them for a WWI colonial army as well, and getting some WWI late war Germans they can be hostile towards.
    Yes, I know their rucksacks aren't right for WWI, but it's close enough, at least for a start, and until someone starts producing late war Frenchmen I like.

Re: mrtn's muddy puttees

nice start on the french mrtn

They're looking nice. I also like the idea of WW2 colonial combat. Very nice topic. So - what can we look forward to with this army?

Quote Originally Posted by lorcan View Post
    nice start on the french mrtn
    Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by sigur View Post
    They're looking nice. I also like the idea of WW2 colonial combat. Very nice topic. So - what can we look forward to with this army?
    Erhm, I think you misunderstood. The non-European (i e colonial) French troops of World War One didn't get the horizon blue uniform, but khaki, since that could be had cheaply from the Brits. I still plan to let them fight the Germans in Europe. I don't plan for WW2 colonial combat.
    I plan for the French to be multi-war, and to build a German WW1 army. Possibly also for some trenches, I have some XPS sheets from my time in the building sector that could come to good use...
    Edit: Forgot to say thanks! *facepalm*

Cool project mrtn !

I think you could probably portray some polish troops in the Polish Sowjet War with those

Chapter Master

I too have an interest in WWI. As to minies, I will get excited if/when the uniforms include the ones in use just BEFORE the trenches were dug and or before fighting began. Opps, I left something very important out. Those minies will have to be 28mm and plastic.
    Last edited by Crazy Harborc; 11-01-2014 at 01:30.
    I am therefore I think OR I think therefore I am?

Bah, trenches. There was so much more interesting stuff going on. Go build some mountains!

Okay, no colonial things then. Shame, really. Maybe another time.

Quote Originally Posted by kublai View Post
    Cool project mrtn !

I think you could probably portray some polish troops in the Polish Sowjet War with those
    Thanks! Yeah, I've read that the nucleus of the Polish (and the Czech) armies after WWI came from volunteers from the French army of the Western Front. My friend is starting a Soviet army so we may do some Polish-Soviet fighting. That way he gets to be the villain too, compared to fighting the nazis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Harborc View Post
    I too have an interest in WWI. As to minies, I will get excited if/when the uniforms include the ones in use just BEFORE the trenches were dug and or before fighting began. Opps, I left something very important out. Those minies will have to be 28mm and plastic.
    I'd love plastics as well, but I'm more for the late war.
    Bah, trenches. There was so much more interesting stuff going on. Go build some mountains!

Okay, no colonial things then. Shame, really. Maybe another time.
    Yeah, how big are the Alps in 1/56 scale? Can't be that high...

Next up is a couple of artillery pieces. They both have both types of barrels and can thus both be heavy or medium artillery. The crew are the first of some Scarab Miniatures minis.

Next we have more Warlord French, two riflemen, one VB grenade launcher and a LMG with loader.

I used a darker than normal skin tone on most of these, should be fitting if they're French from North Africa.

looking good mrtn. look forward to seeing more

Neato. I like the moustache guy. What do you think of the scarab minis? Are they any good?
    Thanks. Unfortunately I didn't really like the Scarab minis. The sculpting is in a totally different style to the Warlord ones and quite a bit worse technically speaking. Huge hands, bulging details, loose ends left in hard to reach areas (like the underside of legs). I don't think I'll buy any more from them. I did like the customer contact and postage price though, so I've ordered more Great War Miniatures from them.

Quote Originally Posted by lorcan View Post
    looking good mrtn. look forward to seeing more
    Thanks!

Here are some German Great War artillery crew.

This last pic shows how the "I'm sitting squatting"-guy is supposed to be. These are from Great War Miniatures* and I like them so much I've just ordered five more blisters from them.

*Except the guy to the left who's from Old Glory.

Very nice job. I like those artillery crew figures. Walking stick, leaning on the cannon, undershirt and suspenders dangling to the sides... very nice and artillery-crew like.

The rifles are remarkably thin on the riflemen. Pretty neat.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast