Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: New IG/Astra Militarum Ogryns spotted!

Re: New IG/Astra Militarum Ogryns spotted!

All hail the might Debunk, poster of one post and completely reliable and believable source of reliable and believable information, delivered in a reliable and believable manner!
    Last edited by Ambience 327; 07-02-2014 at 19:22.
    The Cult Ascendant! A Genestealer Cult Army Log

Codex: Adeptus Arbites (7th Ed) To detect and to purge!
    Codex: Hive Spyrers (7th Ed) Death leaves the underhive!
    Codex: Genestealer Cult (6th Ed) For the Father!
    Codex: Harlequins (6th ed) The Harlequins will have the last laugh!
    Codex: Exodites (6th Ed) The Dragon Knights prepare to charge!

Quote Originally Posted by Ambience 327 View Post
    All hail the might Debunk, poster of one post and completely reliable and believable source of reliable and believable information, delivered in a reliable and believable manner!
    Well, what if he knows something and just want to mitigate the upcoming dissappointment after a huge load of bull. Well, if I'd be in such a position I'd do exactly the same and just say "no".

Let's just wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Dryaktylus View Post
    Well, what if he knows something and just want to mitigate the upcoming dissappointment after a huge load of bull. Well, if I'd be in such a position I'd do exactly the same and just say "no".

Let's just wait and see.
    +1

I would do the same thing if I was someone "in the know" who feared reproach from wherever they get their info.

40kradio's name being attached to this is the only reason I am giving this the benefit of the doubt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider-pope View Post
    Is there any chance your eyesight will recover after your accident? I have to assume you've had one to consider anything Mantic produces "just as detailed".

Quote Originally Posted by Timathius View Post
    +1

I would do the same thing if I was someone "in the know" who feared reproach from wherever they get their info.

40kradio's name being attached to this is the only reason I am giving this the benefit of the doubt.
    I think it's in general wise to be skeptical of rumors. 40Kradio does have a great reputation so far, so there's no reason to doubt them yet, but it's generally a wise to not put too much personal stock in any one rumor just in case.
    Draigo's Razor: When presented with multiple explanations for a new piece of 40K content, the most likely answer is the one intentionally designed to make you, personally, angry.

/////
    Tales of the Seferim Sector: an ongoing series of narrative battle reports.

Kommanda Shinbash's Misfits - 1500 pt Orks

Quote Originally Posted by Debunk View Post
    ...and future Space Marines releases will use this label and nothing else for all mainstream products.
    Adeptus Astartes Storm Wing say hi.

I am always skeptical of any rumors, basically until I see the product appear on GW's website. I just think "Debunk" is trolling, regardless of the veracity of the current rumors.
    The Cult Ascendant! A Genestealer Cult Army Log

Codex: Adeptus Arbites (7th Ed) To detect and to purge!
    Codex: Hive Spyrers (7th Ed) Death leaves the underhive!
    Codex: Genestealer Cult (6th Ed) For the Father!
    Codex: Harlequins (6th ed) The Harlequins will have the last laugh!
    Codex: Exodites (6th Ed) The Dragon Knights prepare to charge!

Quote Originally Posted by Ambience 327 View Post
    I am always skeptical of any rumors, basically until I see the product appear on GW's website. I just think "Debunk" is trolling, regardless of the veracity of the current rumors.
    Agreed. Especially since he's already been proven wrong. He made the claim that Space Marine releases will be labeled as such and under no other name, and yet the most recent Space Marine release wasn't released under the name "Space Marine Storm Wing", but as "Adeptus Astartes Storm Wing" (Something which I thought was odd at the time but now it makes sense given recent rumors). So there's already one mainstream product under which Space Marines were released under the name "Adeptus Astartes" and not "Space Marines." So is it safe to say that Debunk has been debunked?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Emperor View Post
    Agreed. Especially since he's already been proven wrong. He made the claim that Space Marine releases will be labeled as such and under no other name, and yet the most recent Space Marine release wasn't released under the name "Space Marine Storm Wing", but as "Adeptus Astartes Storm Wing" (Something which I thought was odd at the time but now it makes sense given recent rumors). So there's already one mainstream product under which Space Marines were released under the name "Adeptus Astartes" and not "Space Marines." So is it safe to say that Debunk has been debunked?
    It should be easy to get a picture though of that box

Quote Originally Posted by The Emperor View Post
    Yea but didnt it come out at the same time as the Space Marine Strikeforce? I think that looking at the names for these is searching a bit too hard to debunk someone who is possibly debunking a stretch of a rumor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider-pope View Post
    Is there any chance your eyesight will recover after your accident? I have to assume you've had one to consider anything Mantic produces "just as detailed".

Quote Originally Posted by Timathius View Post
    Yea but didnt it come out at the same time as the Space Marine Strikeforce?
    No. The Strikeforce came out around September, when the Codex came out. The Adeptus Astartes Storm Wing came out about two months later.

I think that looking at the names for these is searching a bit too hard to debunk someone who is possibly debunking a stretch of a rumor.
    How is it searching too hard, when what we're talking about is how these armies will be named from now on? The guy claiming this rumor is stretching was flat out wrong on that specific point, whereas the people who're talking about the rumor are saying that Space Marines will also get the product name changed to Adeptus Astartes, and lo and behold, the most recent Space Marine release was called Adeptus Astartes. That seems pretty on point to me.

Put in a Skitarri upgrade sprue that is stylistically similar to the current forgeworld and I'll just have to buy an army of them. I've been waiting for Ad Mech for, like, forever.

Quote Originally Posted by misterboff View Post
    If they are renamed AM they'll have to redo the Allies chart, as there won't technically be any IG any more. Unless they put a note in the Codex saying 'treat them as IG for Allies purposes' or some such.
    I don't think they'd be too worried, they assume people can figure it out. When they redid Hordes of Chaos and renamed it Warriors of Chaos for 7th WHFB, they left Beasts of Chaos with references to a book that was no longer in print, with an allies system that had been dropped.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darnok View Post
    Please don't support the lazy klick-bait from sites like Natfka.
    My painting & gaming rooms journal: Fantasy, 40k, Epic 6mm, terrain & general sci-fi

Quote Originally Posted by zoggin-eck View Post
    I don't think they'd be too worried, they assume people can figure it out. When they redid Hordes of Chaos and renamed it Warriors of Chaos for 7th WHFB, they left Beasts of Chaos with references to a book that was no longer in print, with an allies system that had been dropped.
    True. Black Templars have a quick note to clarify the Allies chart, and their book ceased to exist as a separate entity. Also, if 6.1 this summer is true, then GW will have a chance to update the Allies chart there.
    "As I've always said, Wes is wise." - Scryer in the Darkness
    "Wes, if you keep this up you'll need to change your name to MajorWiseJanson." - Azzy
    "Many boffins died to bring us this information." - Forgeworld Announcement E-mail
    "Rest assured, Servitor 13 has your best interests at heart. Now let's fire up the lascannons." - GW changes their web privacy policy.

I could see this as a way to get another kit in, and add a new unit. They aren't renaming ogryns, they are just adding a new unit. Profitable, especially if it adds a heavily armored aspect to t5, 3 wound models. I could see a crew of these bad boys being pretty nasty in assault, and OMG, if those shields confer some sort of invulnerable save? Well, I shouldn't get my hopes up. Especially with GW, photos or it didn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by StrykerSniper View Post
    I could see this as a way to get another kit in, and add a new unit. They aren't renaming ogryns, they are just adding a new unit. Profitable, especially if it adds a heavily armored aspect to t5, 3 wound models. I could see a crew of these bad boys being pretty nasty in assault, and OMG, if those shields confer some sort of invulnerable save? Well, I shouldn't get my hopes up. Especially with GW, photos or it didn't happen.
    Yes, Bullgryns and Ogryns are likely just different names for different loadouts, like the Russ variants.
    "As I've always said, Wes is wise." - Scryer in the Darkness
    "Wes, if you keep this up you'll need to change your name to MajorWiseJanson." - Azzy
    "Many boffins died to bring us this information." - Forgeworld Announcement E-mail
    "Rest assured, Servitor 13 has your best interests at heart. Now let's fire up the lascannons." - GW changes their web privacy policy.

Yeah, look at all the multi kits they've been doing lately, hunter/stalker, exocrine/haruspex, crone/harpy, etc.... Since games workshop seems determined to get away from resin and move totally to plastic, it seems only logical that they would try to get the most out of each kit, and adding a few plastic parts and creating a new unit out of ogryns makes sense. It widens their appeal and lets them say, look! we made a new unit for guard! while simultaneously replacing the older models with a plastic set.

Quote Originally Posted by semperfi View Post
    my guess whit the whole accidental send out and wrong package thing is that gw is deliberitly is leaking stuff to keep the rumor machine going ...
    in a nutshell, GW is opening up a bit
    It seems bizarre for this to be a policy change, send box(es) of unreleased models two months ahead of their expected release date - to an individual store - in the hope someone inclined to pass the information on is present when they're unpacked...
    Especially with WD going weekly, it wouldn't be hard for Games Workshop to generate it's own buzz on kits if it was so inclined.

Quote Originally Posted by misterboff View Post
    If they are renamed AM they'll have to redo the Allies chart, as there won't technically be any IG any more. Unless they put a note in the Codex saying 'treat them as IG for Allies purposes' or some such.
    As a few have said, there's a rumour that he main rule book will get something of a makeover later this year, it's not hard to imagine this as one of the handful of housekeeping issues on the cards. Though it's also possible they just chuck out an updated FAQ with "Change references to the Imperial Guard to <the new name>. It's also possible that the Codex itself will tackle Allies, especially if it is going to feature lots of other Imperial Factions which may or may not have different relationships with certain other Imperial forces (Ad-Mech/Blood Angels, for example).
    40K spend '09: 205.70.'10: 87.50.'11: 29.00. '12: 89.00. '13: 35.50. '14 75.50.

WANTED: Elysian Shotgun & appropriate arms. Cairn Wraith metal face.

Brimstone. Gone but not forgotten.

Well i like rumours, gives me sumthin to look forward to.

I hope the march timeline is good....my birthday is in may, so that wud give me a month or so to work out what i want to buy after getting the codex.

My wife wont be happy though, hehehehehe.

Wonderbear Extraordinaire duffybear1988's Avatar

Maybe it's just me but these rumours sound reallt naff. Bullgryns wtf? They can barely make ogryns useful so why do we need another type.

As for the name change - sounds stupid. I mean who calls Sisters of Battle Sororitas? Every one still refers to them as Sisters. Just more pointless changes for the sake of it.

Quote Originally Posted by duffybear1988 View Post
    Maybe it's just me but these rumours sound reallt naff. Bullgryns wtf? They can barely make ogryns useful so why do we need another type.

As for the name change - sounds stupid. I mean who calls Sisters of Battle Sororitas? Every one still refers to them as Sisters. Just more pointless changes for the sake of it.
    I would say: Bullgryms are a Mechanicum unit. And for the Sisters, in German they were ever called "Adepta Sororitas", and i like that much more than sisters of battle >.>
    >> Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? <<

My project log:
    Horus Heresy stuff (Angron, Mortarion, Death Guard, Warhound Titan) & Ultramarines http://www.warseer.com/forums/showth...marines-first)

Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast