Thread: Self-made modular board (Mordheim, Hero Quest...)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

A dark necropolis (Mordheim, Hero Quest...)

---
    Hey all. This is my latest project, in which I am trying to create a dynamic, modular terrain for the purposes of a
    Mordheim campaign, but also to serve for the jolly old Hero Quest. The point is to have lots of portable platforms, elevated sections, walls, tunnels and so on that can be mixed and mashed together to create various layouts, depending of what the current game needs. The theme is (no surprises here), a dark underground dungeon or a necropolis. All larger stone parts are made by me from styrofoam and cellular foam. You may also notice some familiar GW bits and pieces, particularly from the Garden of Morr and maybe later from Witchfate Tor, too.

Why I started this project? I did my wargaming back in the 90s, and have more or less just stalked the genre after that. I've been aching to get back into the hobby for some time, so I thought to give it a shot. I didn't want to make my dungeon from the awfully popular Hirst molds or the likes either, but rather give it a self-made flavor in good and bad. Forgive my shabby craftsmanship - I'm by no means a pro at this, just dabbling this and that. Hope you enjoy! Question, comment & advice alike welcome!
    ---

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gargoyle2.jpg 
Views:	898 
Size:	413.0 KB 
ID:	186890
    Gargoyle watches over the necropolis (and neatly shows the scale)

Name:	overview6.jpg 
Views:	1071 
Size:	75.9 KB 
ID:	186891
    Overview of the same part

Name:	tunnel1.jpg 
Views:	636 
Size:	114.3 KB 
ID:	186892
    Portable tunnel pieces to connect larger platforms
    Last edited by Nychthemeron; 24-02-2014 at 16:23.