Thread: Enter the Drakwald - thread for sign-up and OOC

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Enter the Drakwald - thread for sign-up and OOC

You are in the town of Mittleweg, which lies on the forest road between Altdorf and Middenheim. You arrived here for your own reasons, perhaps you are seeking local employment or perhaps you are merely a traveller passing though while exploring The Empire. On arrival you noticed that the gate-guards seemed edgy. On reaching the local tavern you heard gossip that there had been a spate of recent attacks on travellers using the roads near the town and that no-one knows who is responsible.

It is mid-afternoon and you are settled in the common room of the tavern eating a meal, surrounded by a handful of locals and other travellers. At that point the tavern door swings open and in walks a burly man who is latter middle-aged with greying hair. He also carries an axe at his waist. Beside him is a younger man perhaps half his age. The older man surveys the room and then speaks, raising his gruff voice so everyone will hear: "For those who don't know me my name is Kasper and I'm the captain of the local militia. As many of you will be aware there has been a spate of recent attacks upon the roads. The last victims were a pair of our own road-wardens. What we need is a posse of brave warriors to investigate these killings and put at stop to them. The town magistrate offers a prize of 40 gold crowns to any group that brings the perpetrators to justice." He glances round once more at the assembled throng. "Do we have any volunteers?"

Hi all. This is the sign up thread for a play-by-post roleplay based on a story written by myself.

How it will work:

As a player you will be expected to try and post at least once every 2 days, ie. within 2 days of a Gamesmaster update. In minimal terms this could simply be a short paragraph to say what action your character is taking next. But obviously the more effort and detail you put into your character-updates then the hopefully the more reward you and others will get out of it.

Play by post is a different medium to table-top roleplay and for that reason I will be using a very simplified set of rules based on the statlines in WFB. In terms of power-level your character will be roughly equivalent to a unit champion, depending of course on choice of profession. Allowed races are human, elf, dwarf, Halfling.

Note that this game is likely to run for at least 4 months, so if in 3 weeks time you are leaving home on a 6-month round the world trip then signing up would not be appropriate.

To register an interest please fill out the character sheet below:

Equipment: You may start with 1-2 weapons, plus shield/buckler and armour if appropriate. You also have a pouch of coins, your travelling gear such as bedroll and water-flask, plus other minor personal effects you wish to carry.
    Physical Description:

Absences during the game: If anyone is going to be away/unavailable-to-post for several days or longer please let me know beforehand.

Registered characters: (player in brackets)

Jerek Kruger - Human Witch-hunter (Slayer)
    Cilaren - Elf Mercenary (Warrior of Naggaroth)
    Schneider von Reik - Human Engineer (Calgar)
    Elrich Von Oerlikon - Human Roadwarden (2-heads)
    Melgar Ravenfriend - Halfling Amythyst Wizard(Spifflespore)

Last edited by Craze_b0i; 02-03-2014 at 18:08.