Thread: Forgeworld imperial knight conversions...

Brother Sergeant

Forgeworld imperial knight conversions...

Was thinking of doing conversions on the knight titan's to the "knight Lancer" & "knight castellan" variants, so thought I'd ring Forge world before I started and ask them if they had anything planned…

The reply I got was " nothing now, but something in the near future, obviously I can't give you any details…"

What do you guys think?

RT.

Re: Forgeworld imperial knight conversions...

Hopefully Forge World will do some variants. It shouldn't be too difficult for the most part, since we're talking mainly weapon arms. If I remember right it should be as follows:

LEFT ARM: Power Fist, Power Lance, Quake Cannon
    RIGHT ARM: Twin-Linked Lascannons, Autocannons

That should be fairly simple and allow for the creation of Knight Crusaders, Knight Castellans, Knight Lancers, and Barons.

Get your custom title 'ere! Godzooky's Avatar
    In the darkest nightmares of anybody who grew up in the eighties

They probably had a whole stack of knight goodies all ready to ship, but got scared they might get sued for measuring it wrongly.

Forgeworld imperial knight conversions...

Hopefully we get some in-depth background on knights in one of the Horus Heresy books

Also, Chaos Knights
    Quote Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
    GW games has never been balanced. So i think what you are looking for is chess. You can play it with painted 40k models if that would make it more interesting for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyshadow View Post
    Natfka calls himself a Warhammer journalist - if he is he would be a tabloid-trash journalist...

I would highly doubt a full up Quake cannon. The thing has a 10" blast. And autocannons and lascannons are honestly kind of small now days. I could see similar weapons however.
    "As I've always said, Wes is wise." - Scryer in the Darkness
    "Wes, if you keep this up you'll need to change your name to MajorWiseJanson." - Azzy
    "Many boffins died to bring us this information." - Forgeworld Announcement E-mail
    "Rest assured, Servitor 13 has your best interests at heart. Now let's fire up the lascannons." - GW changes their web privacy policy.

Yeah, I was thinking of putting "Autocannons" in quotes when I wrote that. The thing looks more like a giant Assault Cannon, so maybe similar stats, but amped up a few degrees? As for the Quake Cannon, you never know. After all, in order to take it you'd have to give up a Str D melee weapon.

Chapter Master

I couldn't see Forge World not jumping into releasing conversions for the Knights. And possibly other knight bodies - I think it's only a question of whether GW or Forgeworld release the Slaanesh Knights, not a question of if they get released.

I was wondering why they had gone through so much trouble making the frame for the knight so detailed when most of it is covered by the armored plating. If it is like the chimera, then it is already set up to take on multiple different add ons.

I would expect GW to only release the basic version and leave the rest to FW. I would expect to find out the same time the codex drops.

This has the opportunity to be the first 'codex' to feature both GW and FW kits. Along with the rumor of forgeworld being able to be ordered in US GW stores, I would rate this possibility as plausible, but only just.

Had a scroll through FW's face book feed, since I was discussing the knights with my gaming club, and was in the neighborhood, so to speak. Synopsis, taken directly from their "Recent posts by others on Forge World" feed, yes 30k incorporating knights will happen / is happening. There will be some stuff on them in Book 3 of the Heresy series they're doing. There will be some data and items before then, definitely data, possibly items, and we should expect to see some items, or at least item previews at FW open day which is on 30 March.

Quote Originally Posted by The Emperor View Post
    Yeah, I was thinking of putting "Autocannons" in quotes when I wrote that. The thing looks more like a giant Assault Cannon, so maybe similar stats, but amped up a few degrees? As for the Quake Cannon, you never know. After all, in order to take it you'd have to give up a Str D melee weapon.
    Ooh. I was just looking at the rules for the Sicaran, and an Accelerator Autocannon or a variant would do rather well. Or some sort of Megabolter in the 10 shot range. Maybe take this to General though before flooding the rumor thread.
    "Wes, if you keep this up you'll need to change your name to MajorWiseJanson." - Azzy
    "Many boffins died to bring us this information." - Forgeworld Announcement E-mail
    "Rest assured, Servitor 13 has your best interests at heart. Now let's fire up the lascannons." - GW changes their web privacy policy.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorWesJanson View Post
    Ooh. I was just looking at the rules for the Sicaran, and an Accelerator Autocannon or a variant would do rather well. Or some sort of Megabolter in the 10 shot range. Maybe take this to General though before flooding the rumor thread.
    There are a tonne of possibilities and they'd be pretty easy to do. A few new weapon arms and maybe some unique faceplates.

Personally I'd like to see a lance arm and turbolaser arm.
    When the God-Emperor gives you lemons, shout "Blood for the Blood God!!"

Quote Originally Posted by All Cing Eye View Post
    Personally I'd like to see a lance arm and turbolaser arm.
    Is a Knight frame capable of holding a turbolaser? Seems a little undersized to be carrying a weapon of that magnitude.
    Too much plastic crack, not enough time or money.

Quote Originally Posted by loveless
    Damn you GW. Damn you and your money-taking ways.

Quote Originally Posted by ChromeZephyr View Post
    Is a Knight frame capable of holding a turbolaser? Seems a little undersized to be carrying a weapon of that magnitude.
    Especially since the Shadowsword Volcano cannon is no different than a longer ranged turbolaser, and that is on a baneblade hull. A turbolaser would have to be scaled down even further, to small blast or no blast. And ranged D-weapons are bad for the game, at least until they fix D-weapons.

They are bad outside of Apocalypse. In Apoc they fit pretty well. Hefty maybe, but mostly targeted at other Super Heavies anyway.
    Eldar - Fear The Rainbow!

My Eldar Painting Log (including Revenant/Phantom/Super Heavies) or direct gallery
    - random selection of 16 years painting Eldar

Marble Theory - a PC game made by me!

I'm unsurprised but delighted by this news. As much as I love the Knights, they fell a little short of what I had expected (size and price aside), I'd hoped for a variety of weapons that simply didn't materialise. So while it's a shame the basic kit didn't have more options it's a blessing that FW are prepared to take u;pp the slack and produce what, I expect, will be exceptionally gorgeous components (if the titan guns are anything to go by).

I hope we see more than just arms. Add-on or replacement armour panels (not to mention heads) could be a great way to change the appearance of Knights. Especially Chaos friendly kits.
    40K spend '09: £205.70.'10: £87.50.'11: £29.00. '12: £89.00. '13: £35.50. '14 £75.50.

WANTED: Elysian Shotgun & appropriate arms. Cairn Wraith metal face.

Brimstone. Gone but not forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by ChromeZephyr View Post
    Perhaps on a Dreamforge Knight model moreso that a GW Knight....but I'd be all over such a conversion in a heartbeat, especially for a House-leading Baron.

Whatever conversions FW comes out with I'll be buying big time.
    You accuse me of being a Madman.
    What right do you have to judge what is sane and what is not?

The fire support knights would be intriguing. Both mounted Quake Cannons (which I can see being scaled down to suped-up Vanquisher cannons or similar) but one mounted lascannons and the other a multiple rocket launcher. I can see these being reconfigured as laser destroyers and bigger thudd guns/quad launchers respectively.

Sent from my ST25i using Tapatalk
    Grammatical note: it's 'THAN' not 'THEN', as in 'the oranges are more expensive THAN the apples'.
    Thank you for indulging a pedantic mind

Maybe a neutron laser like the Sicaran Venator, that would be quite potent mounted on a knight.

Quote Originally Posted by rtmonkeyboy View Post
    Was thinking of doing conversions on the knight titan's to the "knight Lancer" & "knight castellan" variants, so thought I'd ring Forge world before I started and ask them if they had anything planned…

The reply I got was " nothing now, but something in the near future, obviously I can't give you any details…"

What do you guys think?

RT.
    Thanks for this info. It calms my mind a bit.
    Forge of Chaos
    O wretched man! For with greatest ruin shall fall the building of his life, because he looketh not to the foundation of Death.