Thread: The Hobbit Rules Question

The Hobbit Rules Question

Hey there,

So I have the Hobbit Rulebook from the Goblin Town box (got it for cheap, so no complaints here!) - It says that on Page 33 it will show you what happens if your an evil player firing at a good players model with one of your own evil models in between them both, mentioning that your own evil model might even take damage if the shot is missed.....

Yet there doesn't seem to be anything ON page 33 even mentioning anything to do with this, and can't seem to find any other mentions - Am I missing something?
    Luke, use the forrrrrrk

Librarian

Re: The Hobbit Rules Question

It means that the model between the shooter and the target is "in the way" just like a tree would be. Problem is, if the shot does not go through and hits the "in the way" model, that model can die.

I think the problem might be that you have the quick start rule book not the proper rule book. The quick start one is a4 sized and has the scenarios in but also in the EFGT box there was an a5 sized version of the full rules. The shooting into combat rule is on pg 33 of that book.
    My Dark Eldar community blog.

My Hobbit SBG Battle Reports (Youtube)

That seems to be the case. The A4 sized "You Journey Begin's Here" is not the actual rule book. It is more of an intro booklet that teaches the core mechanics of the game through series of scenarios. Lot of the details are left out, it does not contain all the rules of the game.