Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: D.C.147's Danelaw Saga.

Re: D.C.147's Danelaw Saga.

It's the mould release fluid that causes that.

I hope we get to see some of these all painted up soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty
    What the Modsticker said.

Im also looking forward to painted minis

Quote Originally Posted by warriorsanddice View Post
    I'm just getting into Saga and I've got a load of Vikings put together. Although the glue was bad and they all keep falling apart. A chap at my club suggested I soaked them in warm water and tried again, worked a treat.

Just need to get them all sorted out and glued back together now though!
    As Codsticker said, its almost certainly the mold release agent. I always wash sprues now, even GW ones, which never used to be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Codsticker View Post
    I hope we get to see some of these all painted up soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steam_Giant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Karak Norn Clansman View Post
    Promising work so far.
    Thanks guys. I'm still cleaning up the parts for the last sets of warriors unfortunately I've really struggled to get the energy together to work on them while I've been in hospital. I'm hoping to pick up the pace once I'm home and gotten some decent food in my belly There is also talk of a new gaming table, so I will share any further news once a plan of action has been made.

Sounds good.

I think you guys are right. Must've been a bad batch. I've gotten hold of a load more miniatures which have been cast by Renedra (same as GB) and I've not had any more problems with them sticking together. I need to get back to my Danes at some point....

So I've been out of hospital about a week now and I've just about settled back in to my usual routine. I'm going to get those last two units constructed as soon as I can. I've also got the last few bits of my blossoming village to sort out, and I will be working out the basic plan for the new gaming table. I've not done anything with the campaign rules for a while, so I'll be going over them too. So fingers crossed, there will be some new pics up sooner rather than later

Quote Originally Posted by DeathCat147 View Post
    Thanks sigur Funnily enough it was seeing your Anglo-Saxons that made me take a look at Saga. My mate was very impressed by them too A pity that Saga wasn't quite your cup of tea.
    Thanks, glad you and your pal like them!
    Ne'er mind, 99% of the guys were easily sent back in time and now serve as proper Saxons attempting to subdue the British isles over and over again by means of Dux Britanniarum. Great set of rules, way more my cuppa tea.

Well things are ticking along on the model front, despite a few distractions.

I thought I would share the current state of the WIP campaign battleboard rules with you. Obviously its still got a long way to go and things are still being tweaked. I'm hoping to get the last few options completed at some point this week/weekend. The system is hopefully going to be used for a map based campaign/campaigns. C&C welcome and encouraged. And if you have any questions please feel free to ask.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Multiple Use Abilities.

March/Engage: Activation Phase.

One army may either move to an adjacent territory, or engage an enemy army that is occupying an adjacent territory.

Defend: Activation Phase.

This army has been ordered to take up a defensive position. You automatically get to pick the table edge you deploy on, and your units get +1 Defense in their first turn of combat. However you deploy first. This effect remains in play till either A: The army chooses to make another action, or B: They are forced out of the territory due to losing an engagement.

Occupy: Activation Phase.

This army has been ordered to enforce your rule upon this territory. This territory is now under your control and will generate the appropriate amount of tax in future turns. However they may not perform any other action in the next campaign turn. This represents the force spreading out across the area to show the locals who's in charge and removing any uncooperative inhabitants.

One Use per Turn Abilities.

Tier One.

Flank: Engagement Phase.

When an army is used to engage an enemy force, you may discard this dice to gain a tactical advantage. This must be declared before the scenario is rolled for. You may keep a portion your force in reserve (See below) which may, from turn two be deployed on one of the table edges between the two players deployment zones (No more than S from the table edge). Each unit starts with one fatigue. On the turn they are deployed, they may be activated as usual.

In a 4pt battle you may keep 1pt of troops in reserve.
    In a 6pt battle you may keep up to 2pt of troops in reserve.
    For larger battles add +1pt of reserves for every 2 additional point.

Feint: Engagement Phase.

When an army is used to engage an enemy force, you may discard this dice to gain a tactical advantage. This must be declared before the scenario is rolled for. Your opponent must keep a portion his force in reserve (See below). From turn two they may be deployed on his deployment zone table edge (No more than S from the table edge). Each unit starts with one fatigue. On the turn they are deployed, they may be activated as usual.

In a 4pt battle you must keep 1pt of troops in reserve.
    In a 6pt battle you must keep 2pt of troops in reserve.
    For larger battles add +1pt of reserves for every 2 additional point.

Forced March: Activation Phase.

One army may make three moves. You cannot move through a territory currently occupied by an enemy army. However you may use this maneuver to engage an enemy force. If used to engage an enemy force, each unit in your force will start with two fatigue points. Your army gains two campaign fatigue points.

Tier Two.

Raid: Activation Phase.

One army may make three moves and raids the territories it moved through. You cannot raid a territory/territories currently occupied by an enemy army, or territories you own. Raids against un-owned territories generate D3 Gold, Raids against un-owned towns generate D6 Gold, and Raids against un-owned cities generate D6+D3 Gold. Raids against an opposition owned territory generate D6 Gold, Raids against owned towns generate D6+ D3 Gold, and Raids against owned cities generate 2D6 Gold. The territories raided, do not generate tax for three turns, and may not be plundered during those three turns. Your army gains two campaign fatigue points.

Ambush: Engagement Phase/Reaction.

Your army has taken the initiative and sprung a trap on the enemy. You must play the Ambush Scenario (To be written). The loser of the scenario will gain two campaign fatigue points.

?: ?
    Last edited by DeathCat147; 22-05-2014 at 17:42. Reason: Additional rules added.

I think this look promising as I would like to play a campaign set in 11th C central Spain at some point. This might work very well for that.

Right, I've added Forced March and Ambush's rules to the previous post. C&C welcome.

Does anyone have any ideas for the last entry in tier two? Or indeed any other maneuvers that you think should be added generally?

@Codsticker: Thanks

How does "fatigue" affect the army in campaign and how is it discarded?

Quote Originally Posted by Codsticker View Post
    How does "fatigue" affect the army in campaign and how is it discarded?
    I'm currently thinking that an army will be able to gain upto three campaign fatigue points before it has to stop and rest/resupply. Your first campaign activation doesnt generate a fatigue point unless you specifically use an ability that states that it generates X amount. Any activations after the first will generate one campaign fatigue point. Once an army gets to its maximum fatigue limit (Or runs out of dice to activate any units), it switches to the opposing players go for that turn and they may do as they wish with their forces (Assuming each player only has one army each on the map). When the next turn starts, all fatigue is reset and the players roll off to see who gets the initiative for the campaign turn.

There will be a simple (2d6) commanders trait table that the players will be able to use through the campaign to get abilities (Battlefield and Campaign). I'm thinking a 2 rolled will result in a roll on a Negative trait table. One of the positive abilities you can generate will be to have an additional campaign fatigue point to your limit, to represent them being an exceptional planner and generally getting the best out of their men.

There's a lot that need ironing out and rejigging but I think it will work.... well I hope so at least
    Last edited by DeathCat147; 29-05-2014 at 08:21.

And a really rough idea of a couple of turns....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Campaign turn 1.

Each player rolls their dice for the campaign battleboard.

They assign their dice to their abilities.

Each player rolls a D6 for to see who gets the intitiative.

Player 1 gets a 2.

Player 2 gets a 4.

Player 2 gets the initiative.

Player 2 may begin activating his army.

Player 2 uses March twice, Defend and Occupy.

Player 2 has generated his maximum campaign fatigue. Control switches to Player 1.

Player 1 uses March, March and Raid.

Player 1 has generated his maximum campaign fatigue.

Turn ends.

Campaign turn 2.

Each player rolls their dice for the campaign battleboard.

They assign their dice to their abilities.

Each player rolls a D6 for to see who gets the intitiative.

Player 1 gets a 5.

Player 2 gets a 3.

Player 1 gets the initiative.

Player 1 may begin activating his army.

Player 1 uses March, Defend and Occupy. They have dice set on the Ambush ability.

Player 1 has run out of activation dice and gained only two campaign fatigue. Control switches to Player 2.

Player 2 uses Forced March and chooses to Engage. They gain two campaign fatigue.

Player 1 uses Ambush.

They play the Ambush scenario.

Player 2 loses. He gains 2 campaign fatigue taking him to 4 campaign fatigue. He may make no further moves.

Turn ends.

Campaign turn 3.

etc...................

They look great so far!

Your green stuff work is exquisite.

It's been a hectic few months but I can finally report some progress, even if it is a miniscule amount

Construction wise all the main units are done and ready to be based prior to priming. The only things that are in the construction line are the two warlords.

I've also been practicing my painting on some Star Trek Attack Wing models so as to get my eye in, after not painting anything for just over a year. Now that I feel comfortable enough I have whipped up a test saxon model for you all to take a look at.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sax1 001.JPG 
Views:	192 
Size:	75.0 KB 
ID:	197692Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sax1 002.JPG 
Views:	187 
Size:	75.1 KB 
ID:	197693
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sax1 003.JPG 
Views:	188 
Size:	75.1 KB 
ID:	197694Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sax1 005.JPG 
Views:	197 
Size:	75.8 KB 
ID:	197695

C&C welcome as always
    Last edited by DeathCat147; 30-07-2014 at 16:19.

Looks perfect.

As always, your painting is flawless! The guy looks kind of "clean" though, maybe some weathering on the clothes? Elbows maybe?
    Plog of Jericho - Wood Elves, Daemons, Beastmen, CSM and Whatnot.

MD: You got a christmas gift?
    House: Yeah, 'cause I worship Santa. Or wait, is that Satan? I always get them mixed up.

This is really shaping up nicely.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast