Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Enter the Drakwald - Game Thread

Re: Enter the Drakwald - Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior of Naggaroth View Post
    "I will hunt with you..." Cilaren says, before he walks over to the tracks in order to study them himself.
    "...And so will i" Schneider let out as he drew his pistol in one quick fluid motion, resting it with both hands at his hip.
    The sheer weight of it had been unfamiliary to him as he had'nt been activly using it for the last months. Nontheless he knew his way around it.

Tinkering with the pistol, the barrels started rotating as a small lever was pulled, shifting positions firmly with a clicking sound as each of the barrels passed the intricate copper cog-mechanism ontop of the gun. "Ahh, there we are" he proudly let out as the barrels stopped.

Seeing the elf and the others evaluating the tracks and eying the forest he twisted the lense of his monocle slightly and tilted his head towards the forest, squinting....
    Last edited by Calgar; 07-03-2014 at 09:41.

Brother Sergeant

Melgar leans against his staff and surveys the scene at hand. He quietly shambles into the woods alongside the mustached one who isbrimming with black powder arms and the others.
    He whispersto those assembled in the tree line: "I too, shall join this excursion. I trust you're all sufficiently armed to take on whatever we find." "my service to your cause shall be as rear guard. I'll keep a keen eye on one of the path, and you men the other... if thats agreeable."

Speaking normally now, "Before we part ways, Herr Sebb" he says. "what of your captain, Kasper?" "are we merely to find whatever slew the road wardens, slay them or it in turn... and bring some gruesome article of evidence back to the tavern?"

"and will our victory feast be attended by dancing wenches, endless drink and most crucially to me...
    a heap of that pie I saw some of the patrons enjoying?"
    Melgar snickers andthen pouts, having made himself hungry.

"Bring your evidence to the office of the town magistrate. Biggest house in town, you can't miss it" replies Sebb. "As to victory feasts I'm afraid can't comment. But if you succeed you will get the reward as promised. Now if you gentlemen will excuse me I'll be on my way, but hopefully we shall meet again."
    Last edited by Craze_b0i; 07-03-2014 at 14:57.
    Gorfang Rotgut - RIP.

Brother Sergeant

Melgar nods to Sebb "hopefully we shall." and turns to the others, relieving himself of his basket pack for a moment "so, as I've said rear-guard for my lot?"

He then peers up at what sky can be seen beyond the thick, twisted canopy of the Drakwald "some time before nightfall, it seems."

Removing something from the basket, he secures its top once more and slings it over his shoulders again "I've got some dried meat here, let me know if you'd want any... good meat from squirrel... fed on nothing but walnuts, fat little thing."

Elrich followed the others, taking a moment to investigate the footprints in the dirt.

"Human..." He mutters. Rising to full height, he slides his sword from its scabbard and follows the others through the trees, pistol raised in readiness.

"The day is young, we have ample time to spare."
    2nd Edition Background: The ONLY Background

"Imagine fear is a wall of fire. A brave man is not a blind man, who cannot see the flames. A truly brave man walks through the fire and emerges stronger, with his spirit tempered by the courage of his action."

Blood Angels Sergeant Laertes, Harbinger of Despair, 736.M41

With a final farewell Sebb turns and heads back the way you came, no doubt happy to be going back.

As you set off along to follow the tracks Cilaren and Elrich are inspecting the trail further. It seems the assailants were experienced woodsmen who move between the branches and thickets leaving little trace of damage. They also seem light on their feet. Meanwhile it is now late afternoon.

Setting off you follow the direction of the tracks, because the prints are fairly light and because the makers seemingly move through the forest so easily it is not an easy trail to follow however you stick to it as best you can. After following it for a couple of hours with no sign of your quarry the light evening draws in and the light begins to fade, as such you all realise that it will not be possible to continue much further and that you will soon need to stop and make camp.
    Last edited by Craze_b0i; 07-03-2014 at 22:38.
    Gorfang Rotgut - RIP.

Making good progress through the wood, Schneider trudged onwards together with the others with his pistol at the ready.

The pitch black Nuln livery stood out as a sore thumb against the green foilage, dry branches scraping agains his dented cuirass, twigs smacking him in the face made him noticably annoyed.

Seeing the elf and the man of sigmar at the front made him somewhat at ease, since they where probably the best woodsmen. But that litte stunted one taking up the rear-guard behind him...not to comforting.

Hearing the halfling walking a few paces behind him he scanned the flanks for any sign of movement, his heavy backpack swaying side to side as he went along.

"If only Von Meinknopf could see me now..." he thought to himself and grinned.
    Last edited by Calgar; 08-03-2014 at 15:59.

Brother Sergeant

Melgar walks the path in a slow, measured stride a few paces away from the others. Every few moments he turns and scans the woods behind them. He halts momentarily, tearing off a chunk of meat with his sharpened teeth. "its aw getting a bit dawrk... *gulp* suppose we find a nice clearing to set up for the night, someplace with a good vantage of our surroundings... or maybe we'll find derelict cottage. I've overnighted in many an abandoned huntsman's cottage..."

Melgar surveys the immediate area for any indication of a location like he described.

Melgar looks around but with the forest being quite thick and trees close together it means that from his present position he can only see clearly about a dozen yards ahead. The flora and foliage inside this immediate vicinity all looks the same.
    Gorfang Rotgut - RIP.

" I absolutly concur, whole heartedly infact, with the halfling" Schneider said with a relieved tone in his voice as he stopped a few paces away from Melgar.

He paused and with a sour look on his face Schneider took a good long look at the thick curtain of gnarly trees that surrounded the fellowship in all directions.

Schneider rested his pistol on his right shoulder and with the other hand began stroking his mustache "Indeed...a clearing would be the best place iiiif we could find one", nodding towards the the others in-front.

Brother Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Craze_b0i View Post
    Melgar looks around but with the forest being quite thick and trees close together it means that from his present position he can only see clearly about a dozen yards ahead. The flora and foliage inside this immediate vicinity all looks the same.
    Melgar thumps his staff and curses, walking on he glances over his shoulder "... well, looks like we're in it thick here. Best start preparing for the long nights watch, I say. Perhaps those we seek only travel under the cover of darkness, anyway."

He flicks some insect off his robes... "*hrrm*, I wonder"
    "if we lay real still, real quiet and forgo a fire ...should they make use of this trail again, we'll at least hear their footfalls. Then we spring our assault."

Cilaren listens to Melgar's idea. "Perhaps, although if they hunt at night their vision in the dark would be much better than ours. And if you look at how light the footprints are, I'm not so sure we would even hear the tread of their feet"

As he said this, he wondered how common wood elves were in the deep forests of the old world. He did not know much about them, but he had heard that they were excellent archers and woodsmen, even by the standards of elves.

Hearing the pointy-eared one argument Schneider had a stroke of genius...or so he thought.

"Why not make them come to us instead of us trying to find them?" he said with a hushed tone.

Squinting hard through the enhanced monocle, stroking his mustache quicker, he eyed his companions to see their reaction to what he just was about to propose "...nothing draws flies like a bright fire"

"...and by the way, name's Schneider".

Brother Sergeant

Melgar nodded as the Elven merc spoke, followed by Schneider's luring tactic...

whispering to all present:
    "that might do the trick for us, Herr Schneider. Say we build a fire, someplace observable just off this faint trail we've hounded all day and then wait in ambush a little ways off. But, an empty campsite is suspicious... indeed this ruse would be most effective if one of our number tends the camp to lures them in. Could they resist an opportunity to claim the life of a lone, hapless traveller?"

Action: Melgar takes his sickle in hand and begins cutting brush, saplings, dry deadfall to gather up enough material to build a fire and maintain it through the night.

"I'm the best candidate to stay put, am I not? Go on. Find a place thats concealed but with a good view of my fire. I'll be near this spot here (gesturing a little ways along their current heading) and I'll make a racket if something emerges.

He hands over his remaining goodly sized portions of dried meat to Schneider. "I've got enough for my supper."

Brother Sergeant

Jerek nods after hearing the plan from Schneider, Melgar and Cilaren.
    "Sounds like we have a plan then to fight these creatures on our own terms." Jerek then proceeds to find a good advantage spot, where he can keep an eye on the halfling.

With a plan agreed the party gather material to build the fire and set it alight, making sure it is big and visible. Malgar sits by the fire while the rest go off and hide in some thickets nearby to watch and wait.

The sky turns dark as night falls. Aside from a pale moon the only light in the forest is now the fire. You hear crickets in the bush and the hoot of an owl in the distance but otherwise the forest seems still.

You wait about an hour but no-one comes. You wonder whether to go back to the fire or stay where you are and wait it out a bit longer.
    Gorfang Rotgut - RIP.

Brother Sergeant

Melgar whistles idly as he stirs the coals of the fire. He adds a few more branches to it... and continues to whistle a little tune some more.

"this should work." he murmurs to himself.

Cilaren sits in some bushes not far away, with his bow in his hand and an arrow ready to be drawn at a moments notice. His heart beats quickly, in anticipation and fear of what might happen.

Schneider had taken up position under a large pine tree with thick low-hanging branches.
    He sat there, pistol at the ready, chewing on some of that dried meet he got from Melgar.

Brother Sergeant

Jerek readjusts himself under the large elm tree that he hid under. He then proceeded to look around the camp again. After seeing nothing for the twentieth time. Jerek tilts his hat forward and begins to rest his head against the elm.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast