Thread: The Empire Road to Volganof... with chaotic interludes

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The Empire Road to Volganof... with chaotic interludes

One of my favorite Warhammer moments was opening up that four page spread in the then new 8th edition BRB and being in awe of the massive battle at the walls of this “lesser-known” Empire city. In a nutshell: In the year 2515 a massive Chaos invasion threatens Ostland (what’s new?) and it culminates in the attack on the city of Volganov. I’ve long dreamed of re-playing this battle but there is the minor detail of the massive scale and of course it takes two to tango. Now I’ve found a partner-in-crime for the Chaos side and this blog will chronicle the long (certainly bumpy and potentially windy) road towards playing this battle from the Empire perspective. Eventually there will be a companion blog for the Chaos side (edit 11Nov14, there now is: http://www.warseer.com/forums/showth...her-forces-log). Will we make it? Men much madder than us have succeeded in their endeavor, just look around this section of the forum. so, we’ll just have to wait and see.

This blog will help me get organized; I welcome any and all comments, criticism, words of encouragement or wisdom. Eventually, there will be lots of (rather mediocre) painting to see and lots of kit-bashing, maybe some of it useful as inspiration. All this mixed in with random thoughts and musings about how to approach this project and Empire models in general.

Before I lose my readership with more rambling, let’s get started:
    Units from different provinces came to the defense of Volganov. Here is Captain Rudolf, the fearless leader of Rudolf’s Rudel, a Halberdier regiment from Nordland.

I wanted them all to stand at the ready. I don't like the pose of the current statetroopers all that much especially in large units, here are some close-ups of the more successful conversions from the back ranks.

I’ll leave it at that for now. Cheers. Naitsabes.

EDIT: Army list in post #10 (work in progress)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0091.jpg 
Views:	270 
Size:	93.3 KB 
ID:	190203   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0086.jpg 
Views:	286 
Size:	102.1 KB 
ID:	190204   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0088.jpg 
Views:	255 
Size:	72.5 KB 
ID:	190205   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0089.jpg 
Views:	280 
Size:	81.7 KB 
ID:	190206  
    Last edited by Naitsabes; 11-11-2014 at 18:00.