Thread: Titans - are they worth it?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Titans - are they worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by Sanai View Post
    Knight Titans in 40k are definitely worth it, especially in games of apocalypse where they really shine.

Full Size titans, I am not so sure- I have seen an eldar Revenant torn apart by fire from Baneblades & Shadowswords, so I wonder if it is better to just use Knight Titans & Superheavy Tanks instead of full titans.
    I think the misconception is that titans are indestructible/unbeatable, but they are just another unit that fills a roll and MUST be properly supported or you will loose a huge points investment. Different titans fill different rolls and learning proper tactics will determine how useful they are (just like any unit). I use my Reaver as a long range firing platform, and generally don't move it at all during the game. I park it the very furthest corner so that nothing can get behind it and then blob layers of cultist in front of it so that it can't be assaulted. With 4 void shields and 18hp it is a task to take it down with fire at range.

My knights have been very poor performers, in general I feel and are not worth the points to me at this point. This is admittedly because I have yet to find an effective roll for them and they die to easily for such a large point investment. I feel like if I was playing against them they wouldn't be effective in apoc as they would be the perfect target for my Reaver. Large points cost and pretty much a guaranteed kill with one turn of it's shooting with one Laser blaster(thought process is, large enough it likely won't scatter off, min 1hp + 1-3 more hp x3 shots = min 6 hp).

I'm certainly not saying they aren't a worth while unit, I'm just curious how you would use them to get a good return on investment as I have yet to do so.
    Last edited by bladeiai; 14-04-2014 at 14:37.