Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Arhurt's conversion corner: Necrons, Chaos and the occasional Infinity model...

Re: Necron Army on a (larger) Budget with unique conversions

You can still count him as Illuminor Szeras, he's got a lance weapon.
    |Dark Mechanicus Log | Bits for Trade |Dr. McNinja | All the Games! | Models Painted: 2006 - 53 | 2007 - 5 | 2008 - 3 | 2009 - 0 | 2010 - 18 | 2011 - 6 | 2012 - 20 | 2013 - 5 | 2014 - 25 | 2015 - 19 | 2016 - 35 | 2017 - 25

it is absolutely terrifying that 1997 was 19 years ago

Chapter Master Inquisitor Engel's Avatar

I love the inclusion of older models. Nothing should go to waste.

Quote Originally Posted by PossumCraft View Post
    it is absolutely terrifying that 1997 was 19 years ago
    I've been playing and painting GW games for two decades. This is terrifying. I have models older than some of the players in my area.

Quote Originally Posted by Inquisitor Engel View Post
    I've been playing and painting GW games for two decades. This is terrifying. I have models older than some of the players in my area.
    The first time I painted a model stamped in the year I was born was a pretty scary experience xD

great conversions! hope to see more!
    "Cursed be he who moves my body. To him shall come fire, water and pestilence." Tomb Inscription of Senuknet the Eternal
    My Necrons:http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=322236
    My High Elves:http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108870
    My Napoleonics: http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=295917

Well I have been slowly building the core of the force. Now I know you guys are dying to see the finished Tentilla and the Invasion Barge I started with, but I just wanted to get a concept proof before I really started to build this army at all. There is not much I can do with having a dedicated transport with no troops or HQ to command the army with.

So I have been slowly finishing my first unit of Warriors and a couple characters. Now as I said before, Painting is not my strength, but I'm improving as I go.

Here is the current host of 10 warriors, 2 crypteks and a Necron Lord.

At the same time I have not been idle on the concept part. Here are a couple process pictures of what I plan to do with my necron Scarab bases.

Finally, here is the frame for my Tomb Blades. I'm still working on the gun mounts and the engine that'll go inside of the inverted crescent on the back. I dislike how tall and not bike-like the original Tomb Blades are, the model always looked to me as if it was off-center and imbalanced, so I'm working to fix that on my version of it.

As always, thanks for looking, I'm eager to hear your thoughts on my project so far.
    – Arhurt
    My current necron army:
    Necrons on a budget!
    Blog – Wargaming Rebel

My previous necron army:
    here are the unique conversions for it.

Chapter Master

Really liking this - very good skills. I've never seen a tomb blade bike conversion like that before - very inventive.
    With the engine inside the crescent and looking like it has a stinger on the back end, I think it will look like a wasp or other insect, which (to me) is very thematic with the whole alien/otherworldly nature of Necrons as a whole.
    Trying to contact living relatives of Sam 'Jock' Wilson, KIA 10.06.44, UK army id 2764432, from Morley, West Yorkshire, England. Served with Black Watch Regiment & 6 Commando.
    Facing the Tau's Third Expansion, many Guard units were routed from the field or driven to suicide by the horrifying and infectious battle-cry of Commander Shadowsun [redacted for the safety of the reader]: "I'm blu*...da ba dee...da ba di...da b* dee...da ba di..."

Thanks! I hope you'll enjoy the final result.

– Arhurt
    My current necron army:
    Necrons on a budget!
    Blog – Wargaming Rebel

My previous necron army:

Also started to magnetize my Necron Immortals.

Can't say I'm unhappy with how it turned out, but I can't say I'm happy either. It's very hard to magnetize troops like these, especially because of how their weapons are held.
    – Arhurt
    My current necron army:
    Necrons on a budget!
    Blog – Wargaming Rebel

My previous necron army:

Looks really good, though!

Will be awesome painted

Chapter Master

Instead of magnets, would it work if you put a hole into the guns and then put either a pin or a small length of plastic rod into the hand end and just pull out the guns to swap them over?
    Trying to contact living relatives of Sam 'Jock' Wilson, KIA 10.06.44, UK army id 2764432, from Morley, West Yorkshire, England. Served with Black Watch Regiment & 6 Commando.
    Facing the Tau's Third Expansion, many Guard units were routed from the field or driven to suicide by the horrifying and infectious battle-cry of Commander Shadowsun [redacted for the safety of the reader]: "I'm blu*...da ba dee...da ba di...da b* dee...da ba di..."

I'm not sure. It's the first time I try to do this kind of thing and I guess you are probably right.

The magnets I'm using are so small though that I can embed them without problem. My major concern was with the flimsy nature of the miniature without the gun to hold it together, so I decided to reinforce them with a bit more plasticard.

I've finished three of them while priming warriors, an Overlord and my tomb blades. I'm happier with the current results.

I still have some clean up and sculpting to do on the guy pointing forward, but I'm quite happy to have a variant pose for this unit.

Thanks for looking! Hope you enjoy my latest work.
    – Arhurt
    My current necron army:
    Necrons on a budget!
    Blog – Wargaming Rebel

My previous necron army:

I have started work on one of the Catacomb command Barge Necron Overlords.

I dislike how straight and static their pose is, especially for standing still on a supposedly fast moving highly maneuverable craft. I wanted him to be free standing anyway, but in a more dramatic pose.

The best I could achieve was reposting his legs and mounting his arm as if he had just slashed his scythe across his frontal arc. I also changed the angle on his orb arm.

Only basic colors in. Next will be washes and highlights. I'll put a little extra effort in his painting, him being a special character and all.

– Arhurt
    My current necron army:
    Necrons on a budget!
    Blog – Wargaming Rebel

My previous necron army:

So I finally made myself a decent setup for capturing my miniatures. I still think snapping photos with my phone a quicker way to do it, but having this nive setup is great and has inspired me to chronicle the first steps of my Dynasty's Storyline.

And thus begins the story of the Dakhma Dynasty. This bold dynasty is currently enslaved by a misterious entity that has corrupted the mind of a single lord that has stood awoken, vigilant, during the entirety of the great sleep...

Harut, the everliving eternal vigilant, lord of the Canoptek legions of Dakhma

Lord Harut, the vigilant was tasked by the Silent King to not join the great sleep. His task was to stay awake and set watch over the galaxy, to watch and learn, and chronicle the passing of time. but the Silent King did not account for this Lord's own ambitions. Harut secretly wanted to win over the favors of the Silent King, and instead of simply watching and chronicling the aeons, Harut set out of his sanctuary on a personal quest of enlightenment.

For millenia Harut has delved deep into space, visited planets, disguised and masquerade himself as countless beings. Harut was selfless on his search for knowelage and would dive head-on the hearts of stars, or spend centuries buried until his body was crushed and phased out. Each new life he would trust on his own custom reanimation protocols and emergency phase out systems to preserve his mind and body. But every time he did so, a small fragment of his psyche was lost forever. As his mind crumbled over the aeons, Harut would start to listen to an inner voice. It started out of his long and lone delves into the void of space, and over millenia he would be completely aware of this entity. It whispered to him where to go next, what discovery to make and what equations to recite. And the entity was powerful and correct, every shard of knowelege it shared made Harut more certain of the benefits it would bring to the Necrons when the great awakening came. And so Harut kept his rituals of self-sacrifice, following his shadowed master until no part of Harut himself remained but a complete thrall to its whims.

So complete was the fall of Harut that he at some point reverted his mind back to the beginning. He altered the reanimation protocols and rebuild models on his personal repair scarabs: His body altered to resemble the likeness of the old kings, the Necrons before they where machines, a Necrontyr lord of death. Harut's mind completely shattered at this point, his illusion so strong that he now fears death, thinking himself still alive in flesh and bone. The entity then took advantage of his fears, and Harut was back into worshiping his own C'tan. Following his new master, he started to change the programs of all Tombworlds of the Dakhma Dynasty. He was preparing for the great awakening, but following the Silent King's orders no more, but a different, older and more sinister master.

Overlord Authorok, Dakhma Warmaster, Herald of the first reclamation legion

The Dakhma Dynasty was known as the artificers and builders of Necron war machines. It was Dakhma's crypteks that came up with most of the technology used to shatter the C'tan, and Authorok was the Overlord in charge of that project. Harut was hesitant to wake up Authorok, he was unsure if his alterations to the Overlord re-awakening systems would have an effect on his intact mind. Harut was surprized, however, when Authorok simply woke from his aeon-long sleep and immediately recognized the Entity that had enslaved him. The Overlord quickly started the reanimation of the first Dakhman Reclamation Legion, waking up the Crypteks and Warriors just as he was supposed to.

Cryptek Havit’yun, harbringer of eternity, master artificer of Dakhma

Responsible for the anti-temporal clocks that maintain the Necron's minds stable through the great sleep, Havit'yun is the master artificer of the Dynasty. One of the first to be Brought back from sleep by Authorok, his immediate concerns where to go over all the equations and predictions that Harut had chronicled on his great watch. It is Havit'yun whom is also responsible for reanimating the most formidable warriors of the Dakhma Dynasty: the Immortal Legion.

Havit'yum wields a modified Aeonstave that traps his targets in a bubble of null-time for later research. He also wears a timeshard-cloak that allows him to exist at the entire timeline on a singular moment, allowing him great persience as he has literally all the time in the world to analyse his movements and actions.

Cryptek Voch’ats’um, harbringer of destruction

Awoken by Authorok following Havit'yun, Voch'ats'um is tasked with reviewing and putting into mass production all of the great warmachines that Harut has developed during his long watch.

Voch'ats'um has his entire body shaped around the singular Eldritch Lance he wields, a portable siege engine capable of destroying entire structures or the heaviest of tanks.
    – Arhurt
    My current necron army:
    Necrons on a budget!
    Blog – Wargaming Rebel

My previous necron army:

Warriors of the first Legion

Given that he Dakhma Dynasty where the first to craft the metallic bodies that would entomb the Necrontyr into Necrons, their warriors received the finest and most well-crafted bodies for their ranks. This allows Dakhman Warriors to have a much more advanced mind than the usual mindless Necron Warrior. While they are still enthralled by the will of their warrior protocols, they develop much better tactics and stand much prouder than expected.

Converted "standing tall" Dakhman Warriors.

The "kneeling warrior"

The "walking" and "running" warriors

Last edited by Arhurt; 11-07-2016 at 02:49.
    – Arhurt
    My current necron army:
    Necrons on a budget!
    Blog – Wargaming Rebel

My previous necron army:

And now, for my first try for something slightly larger than my Overlord's Warscythe, here is my first go at airbrushing one of my Tomb Blades.

I gotta say, I'm extremelly happy with the results!
    – Arhurt
    My current necron army:
    Necrons on a budget!
    Blog – Wargaming Rebel

My previous necron army:

So I brought an old idea I had for my old necron army and back to life on my Counts-as Deathmark squad. I didn't want to waste those great Sniper Rifles they have, not their backs either.

Back then I wanted to have a counts-as for the expensive Necron Pariahs unit. The idea was of a machine that had tentacles bursting out of the ground around it like a proper land-mini-Kraken.

The concept worked quite well back then, but I needed something I could replicate as I want to have several Deathmarks squads at some point and using just the "tentacle guns" would look cheap as **** without a proper centerpiece.

That's when I remembered I had three of the old Wraiths. I love those models, but I think the new Wraiths look a lot better for their part, but as "pilots" of "tentacle sniper drones" these guys will look just about perfect!

The "pilot"

A prototype "tentacle sniper drone"

The two as a pair. You can imagine that each "pilot" will control four tentacle drones as a unit of 5 deathmarks (we usually don't take more than 5 I think) so I'll model four big tentacles undeaneath the guy now. I'm happy with the results so far.
    – Arhurt
    My current necron army:
    Necrons on a budget!
    Blog – Wargaming Rebel

My previous necron army:

Amazing conversions!

Hi All!

I had a thread on Warseer a long time ago about my original Necron Army. I'm at it again a couple years later and would like to share some of what I'm building.

My goal is to have a unique force, a one of a kind that can get people's attention. The core of that will be done by my vehicle conversions even though I do some minor modifications to my infantry and characters as well.

The backstory of my Dynasty is that one necron Lord, Harut, was tasked with staying awake during the long sleep. He was a master of canoptek engineering and he made modifications to the war protocol of the Dakhma.

Unknow to all, however, madness has overcome Harut as he has fallen slave to another entity. He changed and tampered with the reawakening protocols of his Nemesor and Lords and Harut and his mysterious master have basically seized control of the Dynasty.

With no further delays, lets start with something Juicy.

Dakhma Tomb Blades

Reworked by the Canoptek Lord Harut, the eternal watcher, these Tomb Blades rely more on the skills of the rider than on the computational algorithims of the bike.

You can find Work in Progress pictures at my blog, under the Tomb Blades tag, here.

Also, a few of my characters so far:

Nemesor Mahvan'erel, deathbringer of Dakhma

Harut, the eternal watcher, canoptek lord of Dakhma

Autharok, Dakhma warmaster

– Arhurt
    My current necron army:
    Necrons on a budget!
    Blog – Wargaming Rebel

My previous necron army:

Cryptek Havit’yun, harbringer of eternity, master artificer of Dakhma

Voch’ats’um, harbringer of destruction

Dakhma Warriors
    I always try to change the pose of every third or so model so I can break the monotony of the units. The reason behind this is that the Dakhma dynasty has been better maintaned during the great sleep, given that their canoptek Lord was kept awake during it and could tend himself to the stasis protocols. This means that even their warriors have more advanced will and endurance during a fight, though at a risky cost to the entire Dynasty and perhaps, the galaxy itself...

– Arhurt
    My current necron army:
    Necrons on a budget!
    Blog – Wargaming Rebel

My previous necron army:

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast